Is there a team with a worse goaltending situation than the Sens?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
HAHAHAHA are you blind? Are you watching the team? Are you watching some sub .900SV% goaltending out there, are you watching our defense hemmed in our zone for hours, are you watching our bottom 6 being played played 6-10 min without contributing anything other than being slow and old, are you watching this team not being ready for the 2nd period?
Don,t you not think having the puck more wouldnt constitute in less goals being scored on us?????But hey why bother with fact when you can just blame one or two guys

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The model people want to emulate has nothing to do with 2003-04 to 2015, it's all about what they've done since hiring Babcock. They've traded of vets, collected picks, tanked for a high pick, drafted the next generation, and doing pretty well. It's the upward trend their on, and the projection of their young roster that people like, not their decade prior to actually changing the model they employ.

I know but it's the way Leafs fans are bragging all over the internet... IMO, if you look at the modern history of their team, they have nothing to brag about. I would stay quiet in their place. You also can't brag "in advance", doesn't make sense.

And even now, Leafs are over hyped, which is often the case with big markets. For all the hype going into this season, they are projected to finish with the same number of points as last year. They are currently 14th in P%, which is right in the middle, there's plenty of teams doing better.

The trend? So what is the trend? Sens had trends like that before too and then they regressed. Panthers and Jackets also had trends and then regressed, as many other teams. They have the extraordinary Matthews? I heard that this Karlsson guy wasn't too shabby either... They have "great young players" like Nylander and Marner? Sens had Stone, Hoffman, Zibanejad (so in fact Sens had more)... Kadri? Sens had Turris... Reilly? Sens had Ceci and now they have Chabot. Solid vets like JVR and Bozak? Sens had Ryan and MacArthur. A good N.1? Sens had Anderson in his prime. I really don't see how their actual talent is any better than what the Sens had since 2013. Of course in terms of hype and popularity, it's no match but that's it.

I'll give you that they have much better goaltending and coaching, just reverse the coaches and teams probably switch their spots in the standings. They also have not yet undergone devastating injuries like MacArthur, Ryan, Karlsson had. They also didn't lose a pillar like Methot in the expansion draft, no they lost Brendan Leipsic.

Next season, JVR, Bozak and Komarov are UFA and due for a decent to big raise. With Matthews, Nylander and Marner new contracts upcoming, I doubt they will be able to retain that veteran depth.

EDIT : Also, you were talking about "projection of their young roster"... who are you thinking of there? Outside of the "big 3"

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I know but it's the way Leafs fans are bragging all over the internet... IMO, if you look at the modern history of their team, they have nothing to brag about. I would stay quiet in their place. You also can't brag "in advance", doesn't make sense.

And even now, Leafs are over hyped, which is often the case with big markets. For all the hype going into this season, they are projected to finish with the same number of points as last year. They are currently 14th in P%, which is right in the middle, there's plenty of teams doing better.

The trend? So what is the trend? Sens had trends like that before too and then they regressed. Panthers and Jackets also had trends and then regressed, as many other teams. They have the extraordinary Matthews? I heard that this Karlsson guy wasn't too shabby either... They have "great young players" like Nylander and Marner? Sens had Stone, Hoffman, Zibanejad (so in fact Sens had more)... Kadri? Sens had Turris... Reilly? Sens had Ceci and now they have Chabot. Solid vets like JVR and Bozak? Sens had Ryan and MacArthur. A good N.1? Sens had Anderson in his prime. I really don't see how their actual talent is any better than what the Sens had since 2013. Of course in terms of hype and popularity, it's no match but that's it.

I'll give you that they have much better goaltending and coaching, just reverse the coaches and teams probably switch their spots in the standings. They also have not yet undergone devastating injuries like MacArthur, Ryan, Karlsson had. They also didn't lose a pillar like Methot in the expansion draft, no they lost Brendan Leipsic.

Next season, JVR, Bozak and Komarov are UFA and due for a decent to big raise. With Matthews, Nylander and Marner new contracts upcoming, I doubt they will be able to retain that veteran depth.

EDIT : Also, you were talking about "projection of their young roster"... who are you thinking of there? Outside of the "big 3"
Yep,this is all so very true.What happens if one of their big guns starts to become an IR case??Or when their kids that look great playing with vets cant take the next step ...So many variables yet some beleive that its always going to work out perfect....When in fact it usually the opposite

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yep,this is all so very true.What happens if one of their big guns starts to become an IR case??Or when their kids that look great playing with vets cant take the next step ...So many variables yet some beleive that its always going to work out perfect....When in fact it usually the opposite

Who knows that better than Sens fans? After the promising 2012-13 season while Spezza, Karlsson and Michalek were all injured for long stretches or after 2014-15 where the Sens were the best team in the 2nd part of the season (or close to it)? Or after last season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad