Is the 2007 draftclass really that bad

Checker*

I say wait until at least the WJCs are over, before trying to get a read on this draft class. Both Gagner and Kane have opportunities there to stand out from everyone else with a good showing. After all, before the WJCs last year, not a lot of people probably had Erik Johnson going first overall. Not to mention, it'd be wise to give Couture some time to show what he has now that he's healthy again. There may just be a "Ferrari" or two in this draft class yet.

AgentNaslund*

the 2007 draft is very deep, many good players can be drafted in the second round insted of 'projects'.

The 2007 draft is also very weak on top talent, there is no Malkin,Crosby or Kovalchuck this year..

So very bad teams like Flyers,Coyotes wont have a superstar next season and teams like Red Wings,Canadiens or San Jose will obtain a good player in the late first round.

your gonna be disapointed.

Latest info I remember, was an artical recently posted in Hockeysfuture.com was that this year was quite bad. I remember a quote "no one jumps out at you". I am preparing for a bad year. The last good year was too 2005. Teams just gota rely on luck.

Rather Gingerly 1*

No way is 2007 as bad as 1999.

Yikes, looks like one of those rare years where most teams would be better off trading its first rounder for immediate help.

You know the draft is weak when Voracek is the consenus #1 pick. People who have watched Halifax play he does not jump out at all. Other years he would not be top 10 pick. In a good draft he would go between 15-17th overall.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Yikes, looks like one of those rare years where most teams would be better off trading its first rounder for immediate help.

You know the draft is weak when Voracek is the consenus #1 pick. People who have watched Halifax play he does not jump out at all. Other years he would not be top 10 pick. In a good draft he would go between 15-17th overall.

Voracek as the "consensus" is a little bit overdoing it.

I think this draft class is very solid. I don't understand why everyone is undermining the offensive prowess of this bunch. Kane led the U-18's in points last year as a 16 year old. Gagner has lead the OHL in points for most of the year. Esposito has put up salivating numbers for the better part of two years. Ditto Zach Hamill. And Cheraponov is obviously creating a big stir with his PPG in Russia. Throw in Voracek, Turris, and Van Reimsdyk and I believe that we've got the making of a strong offensive draft class.:clap:

Rather Gingerly 1*

Voracek as the "consensus" is a little bit overdoing it.

I think this draft class is very solid. I don't understand why everyone is undermining the offensive prowess of this bunch. Kane led the U-18's in points last year as a 16 year old. Gagner has lead the OHL in points for most of the year. Esposito has put up salivating numbers for the better part of two years. Ditto Zach Hamill. And Cheraponov is obviously creating a big stir with his PPG in Russia. Throw in Voracek, Turris, and Van Reimsdyk and I believe that we've got the making of a strong offensive draft class.:clap:

Redline has Voracek as #1 all year. Central Scouting has him #2. Espo is sliding after not making WJC. Anybody following the QMJHL will know Voracek and it will speak volumes how weak this draft is.

Kane and Gagner has picked up the draft some. But like '99, there are some talent available (Sedin twins, Connolly, Torres, etc...) But it is much thinner than most drafts.

fitchcj555

Dec 13, 2006
Redline has Voracek as #1 all year. Central Scouting has him #2. Espo is sliding after not making WJC. Anybody following the QMJHL will know Voracek and it will speak volumes how weak this draft is.

Kane and Gagner has picked up the draft some. But like '99, there are some talent available (Sedin twins, Connolly, Torres, etc...) But it is much thinner than most drafts.

Raffi Torres was drafted in 2000 was he not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad