is svatos to small.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
If anything's going to hold him back, it'll be his ability to stay healthy, not his height.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
I have him listed at 5'10 and 170lbs.

I'm sure he has gained weight though, his size may hold him back but then again look at what Theo Fleury achieved in his career...

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
*sigh* How many times should people say this? Theo Fleury a Stanley Cup champ, a 1000 points getter, arguably a HHOF

St. Louis has a Hart, an Art Ross, and is a great 2 way player.

Lets not forget Paul Kariya.

AG9NK35DT8*

gocanada said:
just wanted to know your opionion on hieght in the nhl,And if it will effect marek svatos

Did it affect Theo Fluery , Martin St.Louis, Mike comrie ( 5' 10"), no it didnt , so that should answer your ?

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Morrison_Rulz said:
There is no way size is going to hold this kid back. Didn't you see that awesome goal he scored during the playoffs vs. Dallas. :amazed:

Basing an opinion on one goal really probably isnt the smartest thing to do, IMO.

AG9NK35DT8*

Chaos said:
Basing an opinion on one goal really probably isnt the smartest thing to do, IMO.
well instead of trying to knock the guy think about what he said, he is basing his opinion on the play strictly saying the kid HAS TALENT, thats all he means. didnt say he was going to be a 1.200 point guy with 10 30 plus goal seasons. the kid has talent.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
AG9NK35DT8 said:
Did it affect Theo Fluery , Martin St.Louis, Mike comrie ( 5' 10"), no it didnt , so that should answer your ?

How does that answer anyone's question? Showing a few people solves nothing for anyone. For every Martin St. Louis, there are 10 players who have not been able to overcome their size. Sure there are exceptions to the rule, but size has affected many players adversely. You'd have to provide something of substance to answer his question.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
SmokeyClause said:
How does that answer anyone's question? Showing a few people solves nothing for anyone. For every Martin St. Louis, there are 10 players who have not been able to overcome their size. Sure there are exceptions to the rule, but size has affected many players adversely. You'd have to provide something of substance to answer his question.

Finally someone who sees it :handclap: :handclap:

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Even though there are a few great shorter players, they are fewer and far between over the past decade. However, i'm a firm believer in you can do whatever you put your mind too...... so its a matter of how bad the smaller players want it as they will have to work harder through the checks by the big opposing players.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
SmokeyClause said:
Here's the difference betwen Svatos and those 10 fringers--Svatos IS willing to get into a scrum after the whistle, Svatos IS willing to take a hit to make a play, Svatos IS willing to go into traffic with or without the puck.

Sure, you can state the odds all you want. But, you can also state that most small-ish players aren't willing to pay the price like Svatos is. Again, I'll repeat myself. His size won't hold him back at all. If he's not going to make it in this league, it'll be because of his health.

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
SmokeyClause said:

I was hoping id get to say it...but nice post. I'm tired of seeing people state two examples and consider it case closed on an argument against the likelihood of smaller players making it in the NHL. I might not know much about hockey, but just b/c chara is tall and not lumbering doesnt mean manute bol isn't tall and lumbering on skates.

I haven't seen svatos play, but what I have read around here and a few other places seem to imply that svatos doesnt let his size affect his play like many other smaller players do, so I'm not too worried about it. I'm hoping to get svatos in my fantasy league.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Ensane said:
Here's the difference betwen Svatos and those 10 fringers--Svatos IS willing to get into a scrum after the whistle, Svatos IS willing to take a hit to make a play, Svatos IS willing to go into traffic with or without the puck.

Sure, you can state the odds all you want. But, you can also state that most small-ish players aren't willing to pay the price like Svatos is. Again, I'll repeat myself. His size won't hold him back at all. If he's not going to make it in this league, it'll be because of his health.

I think you misinterpret my post. I wasn't saying that I thought Svatos wouldn't make it. Just that you can't say he'll overcome his size just because a few other NHLers did. What I was looking for (i.e. the reason why he CAN make it) is in your first paragraph. I too think he can make it for the reasons you stated.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
marek svatos is skilled... like comrie, st. louis and gomez. so chances are his skills make up for his size (his speed also helps him out).

May 1, 2003
Visit site
I think Size will play into effect and hinder Svato's career. He is very skilled and talented so i think he will still be able to play, as well have a good career. He will most likely never be the MVP of the NHL or put up monstourous numbers, but he still will be able to put up some pretty good numbers. He reminds me alot of Samsonov, quite small, fast and very talented, wouldnt be suprised if he had a similar career

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Svatos plays with a lot of intensity, is not afraid to hit/be hit, or play defense. The problem with him is ONLY that he has had a tendency to be injury prone. If he fails in the NHL, it is for this reason only (IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad