Is Stajan that good??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Dutch said it. Stajan won't be a top scorer. He'll be a third line center, possibly a second line center if his offensive game really develops. The reason he's in the NHL is because he plays a mature game. He plays defence and isn't shy physically. His offensive ceiling isn't that high, but a good third line center can often be more important than a first line forward (see John Madden compared to Patrik Elias last year).

The Leafs (well....Canadian :rolleyes: ) media is the reason he's getting all the hype. Last year, it was Coliacovo.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
great work ethic and second efforts all night.. i love him as a future third line center...

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I only caught glimpses of Stajan (haven't seen a complete Leafs game yet) and he reminded me of Michal Sivek with Pittsburgh.

I liked what I saw.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I haven't seen Stajan a lot by any stretch, but in the action I've seen him in he has been very impressive. Very hard working player with a pretty good skillset as well. Not a franchise/star player, but a quality 2nd/3rd liner is what I see him as as well.

~Canucklehead~

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I've always liked Stajan as a Leafs prospect, but I wasn't sure what type of role he could potentially have in the future. When watching him in juniors, it was tough to tell whether his skills would be able to translate into a top two line forward.

But after seing him in preseason and in the first game of the season (where he was the only Leafs player who actually put forth an effort), I definitely think he has a future on one of the top two lines. He's a great player and a very underrated prospect.

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
The thing that stood out to me was his awareness. He definately looked liked he knew what he was doing out there. And when you couple that with the reports of his coachability and work ethic, plus some skill, you have a good prospect. 2nd-3rd liner sounds about right to me.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Brock said:
He's a great player and a very underrated prospect.

I don't know if you could call him underrated, in Canada at least. Out here in the West I hear lots and lots about him and virtually nothing of the Vermettes and Higginses making their teams. Stajan may be a good prospect but I doubt he's underrated.

Waveburner

Sep 22, 2002
His game is not overly noticeable, and in that respect he reminds me of Andrew Cassels when he was a Canuck. Maybe not quite the same passing vision, but a little better defensively I think. Will definitely be an NHLer I think-maybe even better than Antropov, IMO anyways.

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
I liked him alot in the first NHL game. Played on a line with Antropov and Mogilny and did not look out at place at all. But he is not getting any powerplay time, and probably wont this year. But playing with those 2 skilled russians he actually <u>looked</u> like the best of the 3. The next game though didn't really notice him playing at all. Take the average of the 2 games and maybe thats what he is.

He could surprise some and put up good numbers this year, if he continues to play on that line. Good numbers for a rookie that is, say maybe 30 points if he has a good year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad