Is Seth Jones a top 10 D-Man?

• Yes

Votes: 98 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 57 36.8%

• Total voters

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So you would rather have him then any of the other 3 preds as a shut down D? Over any of the top 5 guys I picked?

Easily over Josi. And over Ellis. Maybe not Ekholm. I'm stuck using my phone and don't care enough to look back at your list of 5.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Easily over Josi. And over Ellis. Maybe not Ekholm. I'm stuck using my phone and don't care enough to look back at your list of 5.

[mod]
I only use my phone you can't use that excuse I haven't used the site on a computer in probably 2 years. It was Karlson, Josi, Jones, Hedman, and Pietrangelo. And the fact that he's not even the best defender on his own team says something to me.

To be in the top 5 D in the league MINIMUM requirement should be you are at least the best at your position on your team. Only exception is if that player is also in the top 5 like a Suter Weber situation or closest example is Werenski and Jones in 5ish years maybe if Z and the jackets are.to be so blessed and lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AnishLoomba

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
I love Ghost but top 10? Come on. Also agree those 2 shouldn't be up there.

Hedman
Josi
EK
Jones
Pietrangelo

That's my top 5 actual all around deserve credit for all ends D.

Burns
Klinberg
Ghost
Werenski (getting there. He missed like 10 games or so or he might be closer to 20 goals.)
Subban

Those are 5 of the best D that are ok at D but their offensive skill keeps their names in it. Klinberg is the best defender in there. Werenski is still green but has the potential to be in that top 5 in 5-10 years. Subban Burns and Ghost are basically 4th forwards.

No Doughty?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I only use my phone you can't use that excuse I haven't used the site on a computer in probably 2 years. It was Karlson, Josi, Jones, Hedman, and Pietrangelo. And the fact that he's not even the best defender on his own team says something to me.

To be in the top 5 D in the league MINIMUM requirement should be you are at least the best at your position on your team. Only exception is if that player is also in the top 5 like a Suter Weber situation or closest example is Werenski and Jones in 5ish years maybe if Z and the jackets are.to be so blessed and lucky.
Huh? I didn't say I couldn't. I said I didn't care enough.

Better than Josi and Karlsson. Better than Jones too imo, but that's debatable. I never called him the best defensive d-man. You however likened him to a 4th forward, which is an asinine assertion.

What are you even arguing now? Who mentioned being top 5 in the league? You likened him to a 4th forward, saying he's not good defensively. You're just throwing shit at a wall now.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Huh? I didn't say I couldn't. I said I didn't care enough.

Better than Josi and Karlsson. Better than Jones too imo, but that's debatable. I never called him the best defensive d-man. You however likened him to a 4th forward, which is an asinine assertion.

What are you even arguing now? Who mentioned being top 5 in the league? You likened him to a 4th forward, saying he's not good defensively. You're just throwing **** at a wall now.
Why are you taking offense to 4th forward... that's just saying a defenseman who is very heavily focused on the offensive aspect of the game and is prone to taking a offensive chance at the risk of sometimes giving up an odd.man rush and having a defensive lapse. It's not saying he's Kevin Bieksa... I'm saying to be a top 5 D in the league you have to be an all around D not just offense and you HAVE to be the best defender on your team UNLESS that other defender is also a top 5 D. Your job as a D is to play D first and foremost. If you aren't even the best defender on your team how can you be one of the best in the league (unless there is the exception of 2 on 1 team). It's literally common sense I'm honestly seriously having an extremely hard time trying to figure out how to help you understand what im saying because it seems everyone else is following along.

Top be one of the top defenseman of all 31 teams... You have to be the best of at least your 1. Ekholm you claimed was your best... so I'd say Subban wouldn't qualify.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Why are you taking offense to 4th forward... that's just saying a defenseman who is very heavily focused on the offensive aspect of the game and is prone to taking a offensive chance at the risk of sometimes giving up an odd.man rush and having a defensive lapse. It's not saying he's Kevin Bieksa... I'm saying to be a top 5 D in the league you have to be an all around D not just offense and you HAVE to be the best defender on your team UNLESS that other defender is also a top 5 D. Your job as a D is to play D first and foremost. If you aren't even the best defender on your team how can you be one of the best in the league (unless there is the exception of 2 on 1 team). It's literally common sense I'm honestly seriously having an extremely hard time trying to figure out how to help you understand what im saying because it seems everyone else is following along.

Top be one of the top defenseman of all 31 teams... You have to be the best of at least your 1. Ekholm you claimed was your best... so I'd say Subban wouldn't qualify.
I'm not taking offence, I'm pointing out how obviously false that statement is. It's not really debatable. Why are you continuing to ignore how he is used and how he does with those minutes? Ekholm I straight up didn't even mention. You're putting words in my mouth now. Again, stop deflecting. You're trying to turn the "argument" into a top 5 d-man one after you have been proven wrong. It's literally you and Anish (who has argued nothing, just attacked me) on your side "arguing" that Subban is anything less than good defensively.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'm not taking offence, I'm pointing out how obviously false that statement is. It's not really debatable. Why are you continuing to ignore how he is used and how he does with those minutes? Ekholm I straight up didn't even mention. You're putting words in my mouth now. Again, stop deflecting. You're trying to turn the "argument" into a top 5 d-man one after you have been proven wrong. It's literally you and Anish (who has argued nothing, just attacked me) on your side "arguing" that Subban is anything less than good defensively.
ok so proved you mentioned ekholm. And you literally attacked me with your first comment saying I was full of shit and saying my opinion was bad because I offered to show you video evidence... don't try and play a victem card here. You are claiming Subban is a top teir DEFENDER. He is not. He is a top teir OFFENSIVE defenseman but not defender. That's all I said and you just can't accept people disagree with you. He's a good defender but not great. His skill is in the opponents zone. If you aren't the best defender on your own team you can't be one of the best in the league its... it super simple...

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Go search YouTube and search for Subban getting walked it's not rare. I don't know why I'm full of it for calling the guy a top 5 offensive Dman like that's offensive.
Subbans defense has been outstanding this year. Unpopular choice but he’s been the best defenseman this year for me

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I wasn't arguing anything at all. You're just assuming stuff because you want to act like your superior than mikey. That's all u do.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This thread is a mess. Despite a couple hot months, Jones is not a top 10 damn yet IMO. He’s in the 10-15 range until he sustains this level of play for longer.

Ghost and Klingberg in top 10? Josi over Pietrangelo? Dahlin in the convo? Jones top 5? Subban 4th forward? Letang laughed at when put in top 10? Wtf am I reading?

18 months is now a couple? He's awesome.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
You really have Letang and Keith over Klingberg and Ghost?

Ghost isn't a #1 defensemen, much less a top 10. Yours is the first post I've read in weeks that made me choke from laughing.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ghost isn't a #1 defensemen, much less a top 10. Yours is the first post I've read in weeks that made me choke from laughing.

To be honest, I know, i just knew Flyers fans would attack me if I didn't mention him but mentioned Klingberg

Dijay

May 10, 2013

[mod]

I think Subban is a very good complete defenseman.
To me, his defensive game and shot are his major asset.
Josi is not as good defensively, but way better to create offense and move the puck.
The most valuable Nashville defenseman is certainly Subban because he has absolutely no weakness in his game, but, to me, he is not elite offensively.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
This thread is a mess. Despite a couple hot months, Jones is not a top 10 damn yet IMO. He’s in the 10-15 range until he sustains this level of play for longer.

Ghost and Klingberg in top 10? Josi over Pietrangelo? Dahlin in the convo? Jones top 5? Subban 4th forward? Letang laughed at when put in top 10? Wtf am I reading?
100% agreed. Some of it is crazy.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I have him somewhere between 8-12. Voted yes because nitpicking when it's that close sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->