Is Nazem Kadri a power forward?

Would you categorize Nazem Kadri as a power forward?

• yes

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • no

Votes: 141 94.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
6'0 190lb centre? Nah, not a powerforward. He's a gritty two-way player, but isn't exactly throwing huge punishing checks out there, or using strength/size to dominate in the corners.

Edmoney

McDavid/Draisaitl > Crosby/Malkin
Nov 7, 2017
Edmonton
He's a first/second line two-way player with a bit of sandpaper. He approaches underrated territory offensively from time to time.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Power forward? No. He's a skilled pest with a good two way game. He doesn't have the size to muscle his way to the net.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A 6 foot (probably an inch or two less than that) power forward?
Not really.
He's emerged as a pretty darn good player though. The type you like to have on your team and hate to play against.
Just goes to show how you can't really judge prospects for a few years. He's really emerged the last couple of years.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
Kadri's a skilled two-way forward that can play a chippy game.

Back in the day, one could say Doug Gilmour was a gritty forward in that game in and game out he was going to give as good as he got all game long and usually had a physical affect on the game most nights. Kadri seems much more selective. Does that mean he couldn't play as gritty a game as Gilmour did? Not necessarily, but his style seems to be much more selective.

Mats Sundin had the tools to be a power forward much in the same way I suspect Kadri has all the tools to be a gritty two way skilled centre, but Sundin also was much more selective. Now mind you, when Sundin decided he was a power forward...He looked like a power forward to me. But that wasn't his m.o....Especially with the likes of Eric Lindros in the league for comparison.

So, no, Kadri's neither a power-forward nor a gritty player in the definitions I grew up with...But does he have a physical side to a largely skilled, chippy game? Sure.

And there's nothing wrong with it.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
It makes my soul happy to know that Nazem Kadri panned out for the Leafs. We stuck by the kid and he has turned into an elite 3C. Solid 2 way shutdown game with 30 goals to boot. He's no power forward though. He is a guy that plays bigger than his size and he likes to throw his weight around every now and then. He also has very good hands and puck handling abilities. He's a huge pest that can cross the line every once in a while (tho he hasn't done it much if at all since Babs came over).

Good ol' Canadian kid from London Ontario. Shitty that he was a Habs fan growing up but I guess kids are allowed make mistakes.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Closest thing is that he plays the net-front role on the PP and scores a bunch of greasy goals there.

That was my reasoning for asking the question. His shot generation and where he scores from lines up with what you expect from a power forward.

Even if you look at more typical stuff. Hits, draws penalties, aggravates, does most things you expect from a PF.

Maybe it's time we rethink what we define as a power forward.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
That was my reasoning for asking the question. His shot generation and where he scores from lines up with what you expect from a power forward.

Even if you look at more typical stuff. Hits, draws penalties, aggravates, does most things you expect from a PF.

Maybe it's time we rethink what we define as a power forward.

All of those things you described defines a pest/agitator. Is Brad Marchand also a power forward? He just plays a chippy game, doesn't make him a power forward

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It makes my soul happy to know that Nazem Kadri panned out for the Leafs. We stuck by the kid and he has turned into an elite 3C. Solid 2 way shutdown game with 30 goals to boot. He's no power forward though. He is a guy that plays bigger than his size and he likes to throw his weight around every now and then. He also has very good hands and puck handling abilities. He's a huge pest that can cross the line every once in a while (tho he hasn't done it much if at all since Babs came over).

Good ol' Canadian kid from London Ontario. ****ty that he was a Habs fan growing up but I guess kids are allowed make mistakes.
An elite 3C, hes definitely a 1/2 right now.

And there shouldnt be a thing such as an elite 3C.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
An elite 3C, hes definitely a 1/2 right now.

And there shouldnt be a thing such as an elite 3C.
#1C Matthews
#2C Bozak
#3C Kadri

That's how we've ran things for a couple year now. Kadri and Komo are our designated shutdown pair too so I think it's fair to assume that's the 3rd line since most shutdown C play on the 3rd lines along with players like Komarov.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
#1C Matthews
#2C Bozak
#3C Kadri

That's how we've ran things for a couple year now. Kadri and Komo are our designated shutdown pair too so I think it's fair to assume that's the 3rd line since most shutdown C play on the 3rd lines along with players like Komarov.

Bozak above Kadri :laugh:

On what planet is a 30G 60P two way C a 3rd liner behind Tyler f***ing Bozak.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Call him what you want..........to the opposition he is a royal PITA. The Toronto organization seemingly wanted to run him out of town and the new regime made him a player. I like his game a lot.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Not even really close to a power forward. When I think of power forward, I start with body type. At step zero he's already lost me.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He's a finesse player with a chippy agitator pesty edge to him. Nothing like any reasonable definition of a power forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->