• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
All these good Calgary players that are better than Leaf players yet they're lottery team. Weird
Ho ho ho
Playoff jokes again.
Anyone who watches hockey would know that the Flames defence was certainly not the issue this past season.

How are the playoffs going, anyway?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
he is either a low end 1 or high end 2

52pts in 76 games. pretty good for a 23 year old no?

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Huh? they arent a lottery team at all. They have no picks, remember! They thought with 4 #1 D-men they would be true contenders so now the Islanders are a multi-lottery team! Great job Flames.

Very original post. Never heard the 4 #1 Dmen thing before.

Was fun listening to Leaf fans how they will contend this year. The Flames had their heartbreak towards the end of the season with our scoring struggles and then the injuries. Was painful to see it unwind and then go into draft with no pick in the 1st round. Not too concerned about the second round. If that lottery pick goes top 3, yeah it would suck and we could play the what could have been game. But if we stay where we are, no player around that pick is guaranteed star...

Flames are going to make the coach change, including the PP getting fixed, as it can't be any worse than it was. Which leads me to my next point - Hamilton on a proper PP would likely have been closer to 60 points. we went 2/50 on the PP at a point later in the season.

We (Flames fans) are also hoping the new Coaching staff will utilize our Defense, ideally as it was a few years ago under Hartley and have Brodie play the proper side of the ice.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I think that your definition is kind of harsh but to say that Rielly is not quite on the same level as those guys you listed is the understatement of the year.

You mean he's a little more than "not quite" pronger? :laugh:

Reactions: JFG

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Majority: Nylander = Gagner, Marner = Small Gagner, Matthews = Big Gagner

The "majority" talks out of their $*# the vast majority of the time. I'd assume the people who actually watch the players for more than 2 games per year are likely to have a more informed opinion.

O rly.?

Some of your fellow Leafs fans have said:

-Matthews is equal to Malkin right now.
-Is Zaitsev the best free agent signing in recent history?
- Auston Matthews is a generational player.
-Auston Matthews would outscore Connor McDavid.
-Nylander would go first in a 2014 re draft, not close.
-Rielly is better than Giordano in every statistical sense. (But doesn’t link the statistical sense in post)

Yes, these are quite the real informed opinions.

Reactions: BostonBruins11

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
O rly.?

Some of your fellow Leafs fans have said:

-Matthews is equal to Malkin right now.
-Is Zaitsev the best free agent signing in recent history?
- Auston Matthews is a generational player.
-Auston Matthews would outscore Connor McDavid.
-Nylander would go first in a 2014 re draft, not close.
-Rielly is better than Giordano in every statistical sense. (But doesn’t link the statistical sense in post)

Yes, these are quite the real informed opinions.
Can you stop misquoting me. I did not say that. This is the second time you have done that. I even linked the thread for you to read and you are still saying it.
Why should I believe any of the things you have claimed on there since you are quoting me incorrectly?
Hilarious you call me out on not showing stats after you misquote me and don't show the actual quote.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
BTW, anyone watching the playoffs sees Rielly is a #1 Dman and in fact has been better than any Dman on the Bruins. Case closed.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Can you stop misquoting me. I did not say that. This is the second time you have done that. I even linked the thread for you to read and you are still saying it.
Why should I believe any of the things you have claimed on there since you are quoting me incorrectly?
Hilarious you call me out on not showing stats after you misquote me and don't show the actual quote.

How the flying f*** am I mis quoting you when I’m literally using the thread title?

We all know what the purpose of the thread was. Many others in that thread pointed that out too.

There’s absolutely nothing to misquote. If anything, you're the one who's misquoting me.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
BTW, anyone watching the playoffs sees Rielly is a #1 Dman and in fact has been better than any Dman on the Bruins. Case closed.

That's a bit risky, but I do think he's shown he's a #1. He's a big step back from the elite, though, as his defence just isn't up to par.

I would looe to see him with a McDonagh type defender instead of Ron Hainsey. He's never had an elite mentor to learn from.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
How the flying **** am I mis quoting you when I’m literally using the thread title?

We all know what the purpose of the thread was. Many others in that thread pointed that out too.

There’s absolutely nothing to misquote.
LOL there's no misquoting.. "Is Zaitsev ONE OF vs Zaitsev IS THe Best UFA Signing". Will you admit what you just did? Second time. You've lost all credibility to anyone to trust your "Quotes" which you are not providing. I even went into detail about how since he was 24 and RH shot, it was a great signing since teams are giving up so much (Hall Trade) for a top 4 D.
I love how Leaf fans all say Matthews is generational and they are ridiculous, right? The biggest believer and speaker of this wasn't a Leaf fan, it was the current Capitals coach.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
LOL there's no misquoting.. "Is Zaitsev ONE OF vs Zaitsev IS THe Best UFA Signing". Will you admit what you just did? Second time. You've lost all credibility to anyone to trust your "Quotes" which you are not providing.

You're the one saying I've lost all credibility?

By the way, you're also the same guy who said Giordano is inferior to Rielly statistically.....and you never posted any stats.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You're the one saying I've lost all credibility?

By the way, you're also the same guy who said Giordano is inferior to Rielly statistically.....and you never posted any stats.
Will you admit you changed the words to make the quote seem much worse than it is? You've done it twice. I never said he was the best signing. You wish I did. I did not.
So how can we trust those quotes you typed up are accurate?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Will you admit you changed the words to make the quote seem much worse than it is? You've done it twice. I never said he was the best signing. You wish I did. I did not.

Will you finally admit that the implication was there? Why else would a Leafz fan make a thread overrating their player?

Not only that, but you were called out in that very thread for the same reason.

I'm sorry I didn't use the three words exactly. But I, like many others, can read between the lines.

Good luck bumping that thread.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Will you finally admit that the implication was there? Why else would a Leafz fan make a thread overrating their player?

Not only that, but you were called out in that very thread for the same reason.

I'm sorry I didn't use the three words exactly. But I, like many others, can read between the lines.

Good luck bumping that thread.
If I meant he was the best UFA signing I would have stated it. I did not. The implication was clearly not there.
And the thread was closed BTW.
I see you have gotten ahead of yourself and declared Zaitsev a bust and he will never return to last year's form.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
If I meant he was the best UFA signing I would have stated it. I did not. The implication was clearly not there.
And the thread was closed BTW.
I see you have gotten ahead of yourself and declared Zaitsev a bust and he will never return to last year's form.

For a guy who is so keen on not being misquoted, you are really putting words in my mouth.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
For a guy who is so keen on not being misquoted, you are really putting words in my mouth.
You did mention bumping up the thread which I took as meaning he won't play good enough for me to want to do that again.
I believe he can play again like he did last season. His season was interrupted by injuries/Illness.

Last edited:

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Rielly in, games 3 and 4, has been the best D on the ice for either team. Anyone who has watched and doesnt consider him a #1 is out to lunch.

Personally I have him in the 10-20 range. Big range I know, but he seems to be in the middle tier for top D in the league.

The weird thing is, for all the talk about Grzelcyk as a top young up and coming defenseman and how well he has been playing for the Bruins, he is 2 months older than Rielly who seems to have been in the league forever.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Not sure how Rielly is only a #D man with how he's played all year and in the playoffs.
If he's a #2. People are saying he's not top 30? Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->