Is Morgan Reilly a #1 Defenseman?

Is Morgan Reilly a #1 Defenseman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah. I'd say so. Not into that upper echelon of real "Franchise Defencemen", but i think it's fair to call him a #1D. The only thing really missing was the raw EV TOI per Game volume being well down from where i'd expect a real #1D to be. Though he seems to have all the ability of one otherwise.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
100% yes

He has over 50 pts while playing against the other teams top players each and every night (not to mention he missed a few games)...

He’s also young and consistent

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I don't see why not.

Sure he's not elite but like half of the league would either have him as their clear #1 or he'd be able to challenge their current #1.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
So if we remove Leaf fan votes the poll prob say no he isn't. Fellow Leaf fans lets just let all the haters think that as a joke lol

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
is there an argument against him being a #1 other than TOI? He's certainly that by any offensive measure, he faces the requisite level of competition and does very well against it, for me he definitely passes the eye test at this point. Interested to know if the people voting no on this pole have a reason for voting no

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
No, he's way too good to be in the AHL.

I disagree, he's barely ECHL tier if we're being honest, could he even hack it in Senior A? Dude is practically 15 year old AA tier, not sure if he'd even be able to play 9 year old house league.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I disagree, he's barely ECHL tier if we're being honest, could he even hack it in Senior A? Dude is practically 15 year old AA tier, not sure if he'd even be able to play 9 year old house league.
Wow, what a ridiculous comment. He’s way better than that. He’d probably be a top 10 player in any of those leagues.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
is there an argument against him being a #1 other than TOI? He's certainly that by any offensive measure, he faces the requisite level of competition and does very well against it, for me he definitely passes the eye test at this point. Interested to know if the people voting no on this pole have a reason for voting no

I too would like to hear arguments against. Seems the only thing people are basing it off of is reputation, or just voting no out of spite.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Oh yeah to all the pretend-land dwellers who also said the Leafs have one of the worst defenses in the league: Guess what, were top-3 in GA in the East! Turns out you weren't even correct on that one either!

Reactions: bionic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->