Value of: IS Mitch Marner a Compairison to Patrick Kane

IS Mitch Marner a Comparison to Patrick Kane.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
yeah in kanes first two seasons he was 18 and 19 marner is 19 and 20. Is there a difference with one year yes

So deperate, grabbing at straws.

Kane played 20 games as an 18 year old, he turned 19 basically as soon as the season started.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is it impossible to think that a player could ever come along that could be compared to Kane?
(I mean league wide, we know it's impossible that a Leaf could ever garner such a comparison.)

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Is Parayko value wise comparable to Prime Weber? No but there are similarities (Mainly in stature and rarity of certain skill sets). Regardless, sorry to Leafs fans.

No, Marner is not near as valuable as Patrick Kane. Hardly any wingers in the league are. You can't realistically look at a few stats and say someone is going to be x player after 2 seasons in the NHL.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Going by stat lines alone, Kane's D+1&2 years are comparable to Marner's D+2&3 years. Plus he had better junior numbers in his draft year. They have very similar attributes but the edge definitely goes to Kane.

That being said, Marner would be a top 4 forward on any team in the league.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
"Comparison" suggests that there are some obvious similarities, while also having some differences. So yes.

You could say "Marner is a poor man's Kane." That would make them comparable.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Just wanted to make sure i wasnt off base in my accessment. Seems like a lot of people are reading and poling. if thats a word.. probably not.
its a word, and you don't wanna search it up. i'll give you a hint. it doesn't even remotely make sense in your sentence

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
its a word, and you don't wanna search it up. i'll give you a hint. it doesn't even remotely make sense in your sentence

Yes, he used the word wrong. No need to be a dick about it though... it's a hockey forum not a graduate level writing class

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Best not to take Toronto fan's evaluations of their own players too seriously. Every fan base pumps up their own guys, but they've got it going to another level, particularly bad with Marner imo.

So, no he's not on Kane's level I'd say. Kane is one of the top, top players in the league over the past decade. Marner is a very good young player but not directly comparable to Kane.

1) The same can be said about all fan bases . Easy to pick at TML when there 10,000,000,000 of them . Arizona and their 6,000 fans get lost in postings . TML fans are rabid and would attack a grizzly bear if it threaten their team

2) Point 2 lets not compare the last decade when Marner hasn't been in the league that long . Lets compare the 2 players at the same age . How does Kane total stack up his 1st 2 seasons in the NHL ?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't think he's very much like Patrick Kane stylistically, who is a fine motor control kind of player. Kane reminds me more of a scrawny magic Denis Savard type.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Is Parayko value wise comparable to Prime Weber? No but there are similarities (Mainly in stature and rarity of certain skill sets). Regardless, sorry to Leafs fans.

No, Marner is not near as valuable as Patrick Kane. Hardly any wingers in the league are. You can't realistically look at a few stats and say someone is going to be x player after 2 seasons in the NHL.

I will guarantee Marner has more value around the League .Today Marner is not as good as Kane on the ice but factoring in age and contract I would take Marner and I am sure most GM's would . Even if Marner gets 7x7 on his next contract . 3.5 million has value .

Kane > Marner on ice play
Marner >> Kane when considering age and contract .

When talking value you have to consider all things . If you are talking about the better player contracts and age goes out the window .

Reactions: Brock Radunske

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Does Marner like to party hard? Is he not a great tipper? Then yes, maybe they are similar.

Except Kane is way better at hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad