Is Malkin really 10-11 months younger than Ovechkin???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
What I'd like is for these sources, which are often supposed to be legitimate, SAY where the vitals come from along with the date they were taken.

It is very irritating when you see the different weights players are listed at and you just know SOMEONE is bullshitting us :mad:

GodZillaAteMyZamboni

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
. . . however somehow this second part is a threat to some Cap fans.
Let's not confuse Foppa_Rules with a Caps fan. He wants to be an Ovechkin fan, and actually complained after the Caps won the lottery. He was hoping Columbus would win it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
GodZillaAteMyZamboni said:
Let's not confuse Foppa_Rules with a Caps fan. He wants to be an Ovechkin fan, and actually complained after the Caps won the lottery. He was hoping Columbus would win it.

Not just Foppa_Rules but every post that has anything to do with Malkin, or any top prospect, seems to become an AO shrine . . . not just on this board but even on the Pen's board . . . but actually it did generate some fun for me in creating a only somewhat tongue in cheek post to poke fun back, 'why some may prefer Malkin to AO' . . . will be fun to see the responses.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Just to add a futil post to that threath that started only cause I haven't noticed before there was a year of developement between Malkin and Oveshkin.....

:banana: :banana: :banana:

st_roland

Jaded-Fan said:
This thread is really degenerating . . .

Initial point I believe of this and other posts, a number of scouts, to paraphrase, think that AO is the best prospect to come along in many years . . . but many also think that Malkin is pretty damn good too, and here is the heresy, quotes are out there from some of the more respected scouts (Conte and so on, we all have seen them) that say Malkin is pretty damn close to AO. True the consensus is that there is a gap, but the perception is from those quotes that it has closed to a much smaller gap.

Pittsburgh fans are pretty happy about the possibilities of part two . . . however somehow this second part is a threat to some Cap fans. Just out of curiosity, why? Does knocking Malkin down make AO somehow better in your eyes? I do not recall a single post from over here knocking AO. Now Malkin is on preformance enhancing drugs. He likely beats small dogs and kittens and steals girl scout cookies too. Oh, and can barely tie his skates let alone shoot a puck. There, is everyone happy, now AO is a God for sure.

Good post. I think most reasonable people agree that Malkin could develop into a better player than AO. However, anyone suggesting there is a "sliver" or "just a little bit" of difference between the two prospects desireability is totally biased. Development is by no means a guaranteed thing, and Malkins _severe_ concussion takes some of the luster off of his brillant potential. That said, I was really pulling for the caps to finish last overall before the lottery because of Malkin. I don't think there are any other prospects in the draft that I would label as sure-fire impact players.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
st_roland said:
Good post. I think most reasonable people agree that Malkin could develop into a better player than AO. However, anyone suggesting there is a "sliver" or "just a little bit" of difference between the two prospects desireability is totally biased. Development is by no means a guaranteed thing, and Malkins _severe_ concussion takes some of the luster off of his brillant potential. That said, I was really pulling for the caps to finish last overall before the lottery because of Malkin. I don't think there are any other prospects in the draft that I would label as sure-fire impact players.

Of course, anything *could* happen... ;)

st_roland

EroCaps said:
Does it matter?

Malkin has yet to outperform Ovechkin at any level.

Really, I am excited to be drafting Ovechkin too, but lets not ruin the Pittsburgh fans fun. Malkin is freaking amazing and could end up just as good or better than Ovechkin.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
st_roland said:
Really, I am excited to be drafting Ovechkin too, but lets not ruin the Pittsburgh fans fun. Malkin is freaking amazing and could end up just as good or better than Ovechkin.

I don't want to ruin there fun, but that's a little too much pandering.

st_roland

EroCaps said:
I don't want to ruin there fun, but that's a little too much pandering.

You're saying i'm pandering to pittsburgh fans?

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Kafka said:
Well about a year as I said.

The actual age is sort of a moot point. Being a little younger doesn't matter if you have the same amount of experience. But, technically, Malkin and Tukonen still will play one more year to catch up to how many Ovechkin, Olesz, etc have, because of their age, even though they will all be drafted in same year (obviously).

At least that's how I understand it to be.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Correct. Nice to throw Olesz in there, to show this isn't just a Malkin/Ovechkin debate.

An example would be Tukonen jumping ahead of Olesz in the Red Line rankings. He did so (in part at least, IMO) because he was elligible for the U18's, and put in a hell of a performance. Olesz could have gone and matched his performance, but he's too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad