Is Malkin really 10-11 months younger than Ovechkin???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:
Those goals Ovechkin scored were against Chechmanek too. NHL goalie. Wasn't there a story going around before that Malkin used performance enhancers and failed the Russian's drug test before this year's world juniors, then his Russian club told the RHF that the stuff fell in his food, the RHF accepted the excuse and Malkin passed the next test?
You seriously need to go away. Nobody likes you.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It was a rumor, just like the rumor that Ovechkin is lazy. But it wasn't a performance enhancing drug, it was a substance found in ADD medications.

I don't see how it pertains to Malkin's birthdate.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Foppa_Rules said:
Can anybody confirm that Malkin story? It was posted here on hfboards.

Wasn't that Ovechkin, in one of CapitalPunishment's vids, hacking a fan with his stick? I know it's out of character, but seriously, what was that all about?

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Hey, the fan was trying to grab at Ovechkin and the other players on the ice. The fan was reaching over the glass, and Ovechkin banged on the GLASS with his stick. He didn't touch the fan.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
See, I have enough brain capacity to cheer for an entire team, not just one guy.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Jacobv2 said:
See, I have enough brain capacity to cheer for an entire team, not just one guy.

I guess if you cheered for the whole league that would put you in the genius category?

edit: just kidding, I don't disagree

Last edited:

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
Generally Crosby fans are the only ones who find fault with Ovechkin. We'll see how Sidney reacts to his BIG rookie contract. I bet he will turn into a ditz.

Isnt the same said about Ovechkin fans too? Looks like you've already made some cracks about Crosby I see.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:
Only stating the possibilities :) Crosby could be a bust.
You said before you were only stating the facts. So which is it? Facts or possibilities?

MagnusJondus

Great Merican Hero
Mar 25, 2002
Ben Avon Hts, PA
Foppa_Rules said:
Those goals Ovechkin scored were against Chechmanek too. NHL goalie. Wasn't there a story going around before that Malkin used performance enhancers and failed the Russian's drug test before this year's world juniors, then his Russian club told the RHF that the stuff fell in his food, the RHF accepted the excuse and Malkin passed the next test?

* I hope Malkin uses performance enhancers. Maybe he'll bulk up from that 185 i've heard about.

* Why are you talking about Ovechkin throwing sticks at fans? Unless he's using firearms, noone cares.

* Is this to show he's an edgy player? So is Dan Lacouture. We know how good AO is. No, really, we do.

* How are you making a connection from Penguins fan to Crosby to Ovechkin to Malkin? This is turning into the Kevin Bacon game.

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This thread is really degenerating . . .

Initial point I believe of this and other posts, a number of scouts, to paraphrase, think that AO is the best prospect to come along in many years . . . but many also think that Malkin is pretty damn good too, and here is the heresy, quotes are out there from some of the more respected scouts (Conte and so on, we all have seen them) that say Malkin is pretty damn close to AO. True the consensus is that there is a gap, but the perception is from those quotes that it has closed to a much smaller gap.

Pittsburgh fans are pretty happy about the possibilities of part two . . . however somehow this second part is a threat to some Cap fans. Just out of curiosity, why? Does knocking Malkin down make AO somehow better in your eyes? I do not recall a single post from over here knocking AO. Now Malkin is on preformance enhancing drugs. He likely beats small dogs and kittens and steals girl scout cookies too. Oh, and can barely tie his skates let alone shoot a puck. There, is everyone happy, now AO is a God for sure.

Last edited:

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
This thread is really degenerating . . .

Initial point I believe of this and other posts, a number of scouts, to paraphrase, think that AO is the best prospect to come along in many years . . . but many also think that Malkin is pretty damn good too, and here is the heresy, quotes are out there from some of the more respected scouts (Conte and so on, we all have seen them) that say Malkin is pretty damn close to AO. True the consensus is that there is a gap, but the perception is from those quotes that it has closed to a much smaller gap.

Pittsburgh fans are pretty happy about the possibilities of part two . . . however somehow this second part is a threat to some Cap fans. Just out of curiosity, why? Does knocking Malkin down make AO somehow better in your eyes? I do not recall a single post from over here knocking AO. Now Malkin is on preformance enhancing drugs. He likely beats small dogs and kittens and steals girl scout cookies too. Oh, and can barely tie his skates let alone shoot a puck. There, is everyone happy, now AO is a God for sure.

Nicely said :handclap:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Alex Kovalev said:
McKEEN's has Malkin listed at 6'3, 205 lbs.
he doesn't look 205 , he looks 175. the kid is very lanky. i've seen reports of 185, 179, and 205. i think it's closer to the 180-185 than the 205 from mckeens, especially since the 179 is from the u18 site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->