Is Leland Irving legitimate?

• Thread starter Randall Graves*
  • Start date

Randall Graves*

Before you guys flame me I'm just curious how much of his success can be attributed to playing for Everett, as a point of reference Anaheim prospect Mike Wall put up great numbers, especially in his full season as a starter, so i'm just curious how good Irving is.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
- obviously his numbers are inflated, the 'Tips are fantastic defensively. I think he is very similar to Cam Ward. Calm as a cucumber in nets, great lower body quickness, and a real head for the game. I think he is better than Carey Price, a goalie who has never really impressed me that much.

george_rules*

price is in his prime and is tearing it up in goal. irving is great you can say all you want a bout the tips d but thats just beating a dead horse.

bearcat11

Mar 14, 2005
Nova Scotia
These are just statistics, so take them for what they're worth but for the record David Reekie has a GAA 1.48 and a save percentage of .933 in six games with the Silvertips versus a 3.27 GAA and a .862 save percentage in four games with Regina. I can't really say how much playing for Everett inflates goaltending stats since I can't watch them play, but these numbers suggest that Irving's stats are a little inflated.

Bryzga lol*

In the coming days we'll get to see how he reacts to the presure of making team Canada. His nerves better be strong because all 4 goalies (yes Mason too) are more than qualified to make it to the world juniors. I bet all 4 were wishing they had duel citizenship somewhere.

I'm a habs fan, so this will be biased. But I think Price will preform really well under presure. He has played terrific both years for the Habs during preseason, especially this year. I haven't paid attention to the other WJC goalies during their preseason stints, but I believe Carey preforms very well infront of scouts and in important games (his first NHL moments).

But ignoring that, I look at all goalies having a 25% chance of being Canada's starter. Because we never know how well they'll do in that kind of environment.

george_rules*

but riel that happens a lot. i like reekie hes a good guy but goalies generally tend to statistically suffer on worse teams ie the pats. irving is just a good goalie on a great defensive team. not comparing him to brodeur but the situation is similar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad