Is Kadri a 1C?

Is naz a #1C

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Kadri has long been regarded as a 2C, with some even going as far to say he is nothing more than a 3C.
Nazem has not only stepped his game up defensively, but he has been an offensive force.

since the start of last season

38 goals - 3rd among C (trailing only Crosby/Matthews)
72 points - T-13th among C
268 shots - 9th among C
101 PIM - 2nd among C

is Naz one of the top 30 centers in the league?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't personally think Johansen is a #1C either, and if he is its at the absolute low end of them. This argument all comes down to semantics though. I don't think there's 31 #1C's in the league and some teams have 2 while many have none.

Reactions: loadie

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Easily a top 30 Centre in the league, someone please name me 29 ahead of him.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Leafs lose again...gotta create a thread to make themselves feel better.

:neener:

Kardi is a great #2 who has seen a jump in his points since Matthews arrived to face top defenses. Great 1-2 punch.

Hopefully gostibehere is okay buddy.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Easily a top 30 C

please name 30 centers better than him right now, gl

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
if people have a different definition of a 1st C then there are only 21 centers

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Easily a top 30 Centre in the league, someone please name me 29 ahead of him.

not possible considering they are only 2 guys with more goals.
a guy can't be top 3 in goals, yet not be a top 30 player at his position.

that being said there is a difference between top 30 and #1C. seems like most think there are only 15 or so #1C n the league.

Kadri would be the top C on these teams

Montreal
Vegas
St.Louis
New Jersey
Columbus
Vancouver
Detroit
Carolina
NY Rangers
Arizona

by definition doesnt that make him a low end 1C? there are no 2C putting up even close to what he is doing, unless you wanna consider a guy like Malkin a 2C (I don't)

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Correct me if I’m wrong, but a pretty healthy chunk of those goals were from the PP, where he gets to play with an actual 1C.

He went from scoring 20 goals to scoring 30 goals, and the timing just happened to coincide with Matthews taking over as the true top center of the team. That seems like a pretty good argument for him not being a top line center, but being a very good 2nd line center.

And no, I don’t think there are actually 31 #1 centers. I think there are 31 teams, who all need to fill out a roster, and someone needs to take the role whether they should or not.

Reactions: DrJustice

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Correct me if I’m wrong, but a pretty healthy chunk of those goals were from the PP, where he gets to play with an actual 1C.

He went from scoring 20 goals to scoring 30 goals, and the timing just happened to coincide with Matthews taking over as the true top center of the team. That seems like a pretty good argument for him not being a top line center, but being a very good 2nd line center.

And no, I don’t think there are actually 31 #1 centers. I think there are 31 teams, who all need to fill out a roster, and someone needs to take the role whether they should or not.
He plays with the bozak PP unit

Reactions: Johnny Steps

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
yes, we have different definitions

a team with Kadri as their 1c is 0-4 in the first round

That has nothing to do with what I said

You can't even name 30 centers that are better, and this is allowing teams like Pittsburgh with Crosby Malkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad