WJC: Is it really possible for Sweden to beat the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Are you the Swiss coach or something? What do past tournaments with different players have to do with these squads facing off?

Sweden has looked strong so far this tournament, no reason they can't win this game.
Sweden has looked bad this tournament, and yes history matters. How many times have Sweden defeated Canada or USA in elimination. Zero times.

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
USA team will be tough to beat in this tourny ending. They look to have determination since that loss to Slovakia and find a way to win the games. Going with a win for the Americans here.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Sweden has looked bad this tournament, and yes history matters. How many times have Sweden defeated Canada or USA in elimination. Zero times.
This tournament is not close to the same as it was 5-10 years ago where it was too predictable. Sweden has the utmost ability to beat the US as does the US to beat Sweden.

Reactions: SniperHF

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
If you're looking at WJC history as a whole, than you would say that US is not a very good team. There are an awful lot of 6th place finishes there. However, we all know that things have changed a LOT since the early days and it's a completely different animal now. I'm not saying the past has no bearing on the present, but you can take any previous records with a grain of salt. Sweden has a great team this year and are still the authors of their own destiny. They can most certainly beat the US. But just for the record, I'm not saying they will. This matchup looks like a coin toss.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
They are a much more talented team so of course they do.

Past results, especially when so many of them were razor thin loses, have little to no bearing on what will happen tomorrow.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
No chance.

Americans skate faster than them, they're stronger and bigger, better shot, better pass..

It's not humanly possible.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
5 on 5, Sweden's best lines have been 3 & 4.

Dahlin also needs to come alive and dominate.

As it stands, I give Sweden a solid 25% chance of beating US.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Might be the most interesting matchup this year. Could go both ways, but I think the Swedes will run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->