Proposal: Is Hertl available?

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I would say he isn't available but Wilson would listen on any offers. Would like require an overpayment though. Next year though will be interesting on this question.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I would say he isn't available but Wilson would listen on any offers. Would like require an overpayment though. Next year though will be interesting on this question.

My feeling is that Holland is uncertain about this year's draft, but knows that they don't really have a lot of blue chip prospects that he can lose this year.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
@Blue Line Howie
May we interest you in Timo Meier?
He scored 66 pts in 2018 playing with then 38-yr old Thornton and 33-yr old Pavelski.

May look amazing with Daver and Drai, who are much younger and faster.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
There’s no one untouchable on the Sharks’ roster. But I’d have to think Hertl would be one of the last players we’d trade.

Make an offer, if it’s good enough we’d entertain it.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
There’s no one untouchable on the Sharks’ roster. But I’d have to think Hertl would be one of the last players we’d trade.

Make an offer, if it’s good enough we’d entertain it.
Probably not enough of anything for an overpay; Broberg and Holloway are the only blue chippers the Oilers have, imo. I honestly think McLeod will shine given time, but he should have been called up ages ago.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Probably not enough of anything for an overpay; Broberg and Holloway are the only blue chippers the Oilers have, imo. I honestly think McLeod will shine given time, but he should have been called up ages ago.

My interest would be piqued by Holloway and a 1st. That’s the sort of deal that I’d be okay moving Hertl in value-wise, although the Sharks would be really screwed in terms of centers so I’m not sure if it would be smart. We have a huge amount of solid second line wingers, but if my scouts thought Holloway had a solid chance of being a legit 1st liner then I may pull the trigger. Dunno though, it’s hard to peg Hertl’s value to the Sharks. For an organization that a decade ago iced about 7 natural centers on our top-3 lines, it’s pretty crazy how we only have two now (and one is over 30).

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
My interest would be piqued by Holloway and a 1st. That’s the sort of deal that I’d be okay moving Hertl in value-wise, although the Sharks would be really screwed in terms of centers so I’m not sure if it would be smart. We have a huge amount of solid second line wingers, but if my scouts thought Holloway had a solid chance of being a legit 1st liner then I may pull the trigger. Dunno though, it’s hard to peg Hertl’s value to the Sharks. For an organization that a decade ago iced about 7 natural centers on our top-3 lines, it’s pretty crazy how we only have two now (and one is over 30).
That's understandable given Hertl's skill set and playoff value, but Holland seems to have never really let go of high-pedigree players without seeing them bake in the AHL for a while; I guess it's better than Chiarelli, so I won't blame him

Last edited:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
@Blue Line Howie
May we interest you in Timo Meier?
He scored 66 pts in 2018 playing with then 38-yr old Thornton and 33-yr old Pavelski.

May look amazing with Daver and Drai, who are much younger and faster.

That 10 million dollar qualifying offer is a big deterrent. That gives him enormous leverage in contract negotiations. That's definitely got to be a consideration.

Reactions: Conbon

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I like Meier, would the Sharks be willing to acc move him irl and what do you think they’d want?

We don't really know if he is truly available based on information from the organization but Labanc was possible suggested by our beat writer as being available so there is a chance that Meier may be also, and also because we have a glut of wingers and more coming up. From a fan standpoint, Meier's skillset just doesn't look to be a good fit on our team anymore.

For trade, probably the standard 1st + prospect + roster player. Maybe more because you guys are division foes. Sharks really need Centers and it seems you guys have some Centers succeeding in the AHL (McLeod and Marody I think, but I know nothing of them, but they're Centers so it's intriguing).

Reactions: 780il

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I like Meier, would the Sharks be willing to acc move him irl and what do you think they’d want?

McDavid as it's only fair to him. Oilers rebuild and don't make the playoffs, while the Sharks rebuild quickly and make playoffs.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
According to people in the know, teams are asking and the sharks are like "yeah no unless you give us a fortune" and thats how it will probably stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad