Is Gretzky off anyone's Top 5 list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
chooch said:
My new years resolution is to ignore Bucky and think Orr. ;)

ps.I never considered comments on 99 to be "bashing" just a viewpoint different from the prevailing one. Wait till Cherry retires and qualifies for this forum - then you'll see bashing...

Cheers.

btw - one last thing - Gordie didnt speak to 99 again over the pensions thing. I;ll take Gordie's side.

as for their websites, my gosh, one is all cheesy plugs for videogames and fantasy camps with a few charities cynically thrown in for good measure and the other site is all charity from the heart.
I think it's fitting yours was the 99th reply. :sarcasm:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
1. Boborov
2. Frisov
3. Kharlamov
4. Mikhailov
5. Gretzky

Close.... but not quite. :cry:

JCD

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
chooch said:
My new years resolution is to ignore Bucky and think Orr. ;)

ps.I never considered comments on 99 to be "bashing" just a viewpoint different from the prevailing one. Wait till Cherry retires and qualifies for this forum - then you'll see bashing...

Cheers.

btw - one last thing - Gordie didnt speak to 99 again over the pensions thing. I;ll take Gordie's side.

as for their websites, my gosh, one is all cheesy plugs for videogames and fantasy camps with a few charities cynically thrown in for good measure and the other site is all charity from the heart.

Talk about a weak and pathetic attempt at character assassination.

I guess you don't understand the difference between a dot-com and a dot-org do you? Obviously not.

By definition, a dot-org is a not-for-profit organization (org). They file tax-exempt status, if they started to pimp a video game (sold by another company), they would run the risk of losing their tax status and be in deep doo-doo with the IRS. A dot-com is a commercial (com) for-profit organization.

Here is mario's for-profit site:
http://www.mariolemieux.com/
Nothing but him pimping his own merchandise. Not a single charity to be found. Gretkzy doesn't have a dot-org, but unlike Mario has charity listings on his dot-com site.

Both have started foundations in their name and donate time/money to charity. To take a swipe at somebody over what they use as their domain name is utterly pathetic. Even for you.

Chinaski*

Slitty said:
1. Boborov
2. Frisov
3. Kharlamov
4. Mikhailov
5. Gretzky

Close.... but not quite. :cry:
Hey you should at least spell two first names correctly. Hockey connoisseur

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
JCD said:

I guess you don't understand the difference between a dot-com and a dot-org do you? Obviously not.

By definition, a dot-org is a not-for-profit organization (org). They file tax-exempt status, if they started to pimp a video game (sold by another company), they would run the risk of losing their tax status and be in deep doo-doo with the IRS. A dot-com is a commercial (com) for-profit organization.

Nothing but him pimping his own merchandise. Not a single charity to be found. Gretkzy doesn't have a dot-org, but unlike Mario has charity listings on his dot-com site.

Both have started foundations in their name and donate time/money to charity. To take a swipe at somebody over what they use as their domain name is utterly pathetic. Even for you.
http://www.mariolemieux.org/

JCD

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
#66 said:

And the point of this is....

That site was already mentioned. chooch was trying to compare a dot-come to a dot-org site, they are apples and oranges. Mario divided his for-profit actions and his not-for-profit actions into seperate sites. Wayne didn't. Put the two Mario sites together like Wayne did with his and their is absolutely no difference between them.

KariyaIsGod*

Has it really come to this?

Some people need to realize when they are wrong...

chooch*

JCD said:

yes yes, look up the word "cynically" and why I said it was cynical to mix charity and consumerism on the same site. Don;t you remember when 99 went public with a "I had arthritis in my back" press conference the day before his new tylenol advertising campaign launched. He was thrashed in the papers for it. Its called treating your loving fans cynically.

JCD

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
chooch said:
yes yes, look up the word "cynically" and why I said it was cynical to mix charity and consumerism on the same site. Don;t you remember when 99 went public with a "I had arthritis in my back" press conference the day before his new tylenol advertising campaign launched. He was thrashed in the papers for it. Its called treating your loving fans cynically.

No, you didn't say that. Based on your history, I believe with absolute certainty that you were being serious. Only now you are trying to backtrack (like usual) because your slam was exposed for the total BS that it was. Also again.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
chooch said:

Yeah, too bad he wasn't pimping impotency pills, lending his name to a 'sports drink', fooling his adoring public into a snake oil hair growth formula or selling his stuff for smoke money. Think how cynical that would be. :shakehead

chooch*

JCD said:
No, you didn't say that. Based on your history, I believe with absolute certainty that you were being serious. Only now you are trying to backtrack (like usual) because your slam was exposed for the total BS that it was. Also again.

Read properly what I wrote - you and Bucky will make a lovely pair at the next Gretxxxky Fantasy Camp.

JCD

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
chooch said:
Read properly what I wrote - you and Bucky will make a lovely pair at the next Gretxxxky Fantasy Camp.

No, you got caught making moronic/false/bogus claims again and are now just pathetically trying to rationalize/backtrack.

The difference between content has a lot more to do with IRS regulations than the character of the players. Your shot at Wayne over that just shows what lows you will stoop too in order to slander him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad