Is Expectations and the Buzz in the city around Calgary Flames higher than ever before?

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
With the upgrade on defence and young stars like Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan etc and the signing of Jaromir Jagr how is the Buzz in the city right now?is the expectations and the buzz around the team higher then ever before in Calgary?or at least in 25+ years?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I think the buzz and expectations were as high after the lockout but after many years of mediocrity and rebuilding this is as high as expectations have been since the post-lockout years.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This is about as high as the post playoff year where the team couldn’t win a game after riding crazy PDO and the Hartley run n gun offence.

Hoping things work a bit better. There’s some eerie feeling that this team might be one of the better ones out West.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Jagr has me kind of excited because I thought we were heading into the season with an air of complacency. The different permutations we can now make with our lines to distribute scoring gives us some valuable options. The realist in me, though, feels we'll be playing catch-up for the third year in a row.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Jagr definitely salvaged the hype train after the arena debacle. I don't really see or feel much hype from casual fans though. No hype at work or anything.

If it wasn't for me being a hockey fan, I'd have no idea today is the season opener.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Jagr definitely salvaged the hype train after the arena debacle. I don't really see or feel much hype from casual fans though. No hype at work or anything.

If it wasn't for me being a hockey fan, I'd have no idea today is the season opener.

Anecdotally, my business partner who isn't much of a hockey fan was excited to tell me that the Flames had signed Jagr when he came in the door yesterday.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
There has been major dampening to the buzz in Calgary. Combos of cautious optimistic due to the wild cards in net to the complete overall debacle of the arena deal especially during the current mayoral platform stuff. To just poor happenings in the local economy.

The Jagr thing is probably one of the few Flames related items where it seems like casual and regular fans are allowing uncontrolled optimism, but I think it's more a Jagr excitement than Flames excitement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad