Votes: 41 27.5%
  • Awful and I spend less on the team because of him

Votes: 87 58.4%

• Total voters

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
really stylizer? what do you know about phoenix other than what's in the media? if what you know about the situation is based on media reports then I'm sorry to tell you that the media doesn't really come close to presenting a real view of the situation
I know people who haven't been paid properly in months. Sometimes it's way too much and sometimes it's hardly anything if anything. For all the people who have been over paid, come tax time, there is a very good chance that they will be taxed on their gross amounts and create even further headaches for people. It's hard to know how much they are owed and how much they owe.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The votes on the poll may not be public, but I'm pretty sure I know who one of the people who voted for the first option is....

Hint: It's a 3-letter name. :P

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
I admire his philanthropy. I do not admire his ownership of the Senators, and frankly can't believe this is the same guy that founded Biovail. It's like he turned into a business dotard in the past 5 years. In what world does it add value to the Senators to berate the fanbase for not buying tickets in Kanata?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
really stylizer? what do you know about phoenix other than what's in the media? if what you know about the situation is based on media reports then I'm sorry to tell you that the media doesn't really come close to presenting a real view of the situation

I do know a lot. Work in Finance at ECCC. The extent of the problem is insane.

Been owed a full months pay since Dec 2016. Haven't even had feedback from Miramichi yet. Tons of people on my floor have different problems with their pay.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Do you have a count of people chanting praises for Melnyk? Cause we didn't hear them on TV either for some reason.

People who have a reason to complain, do, and those who do not, or are indifferent do not.

Example, if you go on vacation, and everything goes well, you're less likely to post your feelings about the airline/hotel on a site, like TripAdvisor........... however if you receive poor service, have your luggage lost, much more than likley you're going to vent your displeasure ( on a site like TripAdvisor).

It's human nature to complain, if they feel they have a reason.

Squeaky wheel.........

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The telling part of the poll is that the "I spend less on the team as a result" option has a massive lead that will only grow with Melnyk's latest antics.

You want to know why people aren't going to the games Eugene...consult the nearest mirror.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chip Chipperson

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Next level desperation :laugh:

Seriously though, is he your uncle or something?

No, just someone who knows the reality of the situation in Ottawa.

The Senators attendance has dropped dramatically in the last two seasons. The NHL is gate driven league, in terms of where it's largest piece of the revenue pie is concerned.

So with all the other "problems" in a small Canadian market (CDN dollar vs US dollar) declining attendance is a big problem.......... and that's the reality check that EM is simply stating.

You may not like it, but he's in business to make a profit, and he's bringing his concerns to the public, in not the most diplomatic way mind you, but nevertheless it's a negative, not a positive.

Senators average attendance has been declining for over a year now, and He is making it known .............. do you expect him to just keep his mouth shut to spare everyone's feelings?
  • 2013-14 — 18,108
  • 2014-15 — 18,246
  • 2015-16 — 18,084
  • 2016-17 — 14,984
  • 2017-18 — 14,543

• senators-attendance-graphic-121617_z5e5qfms52dm186hujka7d9lg.png

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Melnyck is a miserable Person and miserable people bring misery to themselves.

The NHL will force him to sell the team and he'll be miserable, but he's just doing Melnyck.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

The Senators attendance has dropped dramatically in the last two seasons. The NHL is gate driven league, in terms of where it's largest piece of the revenue pie is concerned.

So with all the other "problems" in a small Canadian market (CDN dollar vs US dollar) declining attendance is a big problem.......... and that's the reality check that EM is simply stating.

You may not like it, but he's in business to make a profit, and he's bringing his concerns to the public, in not the most diplomatic way mind you, but nevertheless it's a negative, not a positive.

Senators average attendance has been declining for over a year now, and He is making it known .............. do you expect him to just keep his mouth shut to spare everyone's feelings?
  • 2013-14 — 18,108
  • 2014-15 — 18,246
  • 2015-16 — 18,084
  • 2016-17 — 14,984
  • 2017-18 — 14,543

Your image shows 16-17 as around ~16400, while your text shows 16-17 as ~14900. Which is it?

I'm sure there are some things he could do instead of tarping off the inexpensive seats and berating his fan base to encourage attendance. I know when Walmart has sales issues they don't start spamming their customer base with links to www.peopleofwalmart.com/, after all, they say honey catches more flies than vinegar, it probably works like that for sports fans too.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa

• 2013-14 — 18,108
  • 2014-15 — 18,246
  • 2015-16 — 18,084
  • 2016-17 — 14,984
  • 2017-18 — 14,543

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wonder how many businesses have ever successfully generated revenue by making the "buy my product or else" threat.

I'm trying to think of any example of one scenario where that has worked (outside of literally criminal extortion), but I'm coming up blank.

Reactions: JD1

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

So sell

He might also think back a few years to see what role he himself payed in Sens fans alienation.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I admire his philanthropy. I do not admire his ownership of the Senators, and frankly can't believe this is the same guy that founded Biovail. It's like he turned into a business dotard in the past 5 years. In what world does it add value to the Senators to berate the fanbase for not buying tickets in Kanata?
Business Dotard? Guy has a big mouth, yes.

Have you noticed , by chance , what is on the previously escrowed land around the arena he bought for peanuts?

People are blinded by hatred, so much that they cannot see what has developed on those lands. He is not a business dotard lol. He is a buffoon.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

• 2013-14 — 18,108
  • 2014-15 — 18,246
  • 2015-16 — 18,084
  • 2016-17 — 14,984
  • 2017-18 — 14,543

The big problem with this argument is we don't have access to how much papering was done by the Senators in previous years. It seems pretty coincidental that the attendance had a sharp decline starting in (edit: 16-17) which was the first year which the Senators began their current initiative to not give tickets away on a regular basis. AKA, they stopped papering.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So sell

He might also think back a few years to see what role he himself payed in Sens fans alienation.

So your advice is to sell "low"? That's not what billionaires do.

Besides, it's quite clear he has no intention of selling the Senators .......... whining and moaning about the fact he won't sell, is a waste of time, it won't change his mind.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So your advice is to sell "low"? That's not what billionaires do.

Besides, it's quite clear he has no intention of selling the Senators .......... whining and moaning about the fact he won't sell, is a waste of time, it won't change his mind.

I sure hope you're still gonna be around here when the sale happens. He isnt selling low the franchise has appreciated over 300 million since he orginally purchased.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I wonder how many businesses have ever successfully generated revenue by making the "buy my product or else" threat.

I'm trying to think of any example of one scenario where that has worked (outside of literally criminal extortion), but I'm coming up blank.

Happens all the time in pro sports - like all the time.

The Montreal Expo's Washington Nationals and Anaheim Los Angeles Angels in the MLB.

The Oakland Las Vegas Raiders, the San Diego Los Angeles Chargers, Houston Oilers Tennessee Titans in the NFL.

The Vancouver Memphis Grizzlies, Seattle Supersonics OKC Thunder in the NBA.

The Atlanta Thrashers Winnipeg Jets or the Hartford Whalers Carolina Hurricanes in the NHL.

See a pattern? Each on of these franchises had declining attendance and revenue, made the media aware, and either sold and moved or just moved.

You don't think Pierre Karl Pellideua isn't watching this with glee? He HAS a new arena, he HAS the money. Quebec City is a viable option. The Board of Goveners would approve it unanimously. You're not taking a franchise away from America.

If Phoenix isn't fixed, we're doomed.And all those people who want Melnyk to sell. Politely be quiet.

You think new ownership would keep this team here? No. Absolutely not. It costs too much as it stands for Eugene to move for at least another three to five years.

The devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad