Is Connor McDavid a leader?

Is Connor McDavid a leader?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
LOL at people saying that McDavid led the Oilers to the basement or that he wasn’t a good leader for “padding the stats”.

Guy factored 46% of his teams total offense. There’s nobody in the league close to that mark. If you’re blaming McDavid for “bad leadership” I’d have to think your opinion isn’t worth much.

Eichel was leading the league at around 44-50% until he got injured.

McDavid is a great leader by example but hes probably the last guy I'd guess that is a good vocal leader.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Luckily, you don’t need to be a big vocal leader to lead.

Looking at the lack of leadership in Buffalo because nobody speaks up I honestly question this. The players themselves have literally said they need to be more vocal.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Looking at the lack of leadership in Buffalo because nobody speaks up I honestly question this. The players themselves have literally said they need to be more vocal.

Buffalo is amongst the last places Id look to for ideas. Teams have literally won cups with non vocal players infront of the media*

* as this is what everyone is basing opinions of McDavids outspokeness on, literally noone has any insight into the dressing room

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Well he is one of the #1C on a Canadian team who has won a series since being drafted. Not all Canadian teams #1C can say that.......so yeh he seems a decent leader at this young age and should get better as time goes on.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Connor McDavid is the only reason Canada wasnt fighting with Korea for last in this tournament. What a disgraceful effort by his teammates.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
As an Oiler fan who's watched every minute he's been on the team and in the NHL, yes he 100% is a leader and not just by example. You can see him pump up players like Maroon who are having bad streaks. You can see him encourage the guys on the bench. You can see him up his compete level during games when needed. You can see stay level headed win or lose and just go to work. You can see him never take a shift off. You can see him fight throu illness and injury to stay with the team and help them win. You can see him show up for all media interviews and always say the right things.

So yes he's a leader, and the casual fans will see this eventually once the Oilers get their shit together.

Reactions: snipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad