Is Connor McDavid a leader?

Is Connor McDavid a leader?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I'd say he's a lead by example type of leader but doesn't seem like a very vocal type leader. So the answer is yes I guess, but with an asterisk saying how the hell would any fans truly know

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Is this Ford guy serious? :laugh:
giphy.gif

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
Winning, success IS one part of leadership and not talking about just being part of the team
but actually leading your team to success, both Crosby and Toews for example, have done so
from very early age on.
does leadership come with norris and art ross winners?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Its funny...every time someone makes a supposedly negative thread about the golden boy McJesus
a **** storm cometh by McDavid & Oilers fans. - Each and every poster has gotten ridiculed -

It would be nice, cool and right to respects others opinions you know...

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Its funny...every time someone makes a supposedly negative thread about the golden boy McJesus
a **** storm cometh by McDavid & Oilers fans. - Each and every poster has gotten ridiculed -

You make a ridiculous thread, expect ridiculous replies.

How the f*** does anyone know if he's a good leader or not if they don't play on his team? Aka all of us.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I'm talking about leadership, does he have it?
Is he a leader who will lead the Edmonton Oilers to the cup, Canada to the Olympic Gold?

Hypothetical scenario; Oilers have become a true contender in the NHL
everyone expects success, is Connor McDavid the guy who will lead
them to the cup and win their first title since 1990?.

Scenario #2; NHL players are allowed again represent their countries
Connor McDavid as the best player in the world and the Captain
can he lead team Canada to gold?.

Sidney Crosby & Jonathan Toews, both Captains and both leaders
of 3 Stanley Cup winning franchises, both led their teams from league jokes to
league champions, both triple gold club members, do you think Connor McDavid
will ever rise to achieve what they have achieved in their respected careers?.

if he's unable to lead his team to a cup or Olympic gold or whatever it does not mean he's not a leader I hope you know that. Hockey is a hard sport to win, lots of other great teams and players out there.

Henrik Sedin never lead my team to a stanley cup, nor did he ever lead his country to a gold medal, he did win an olympic gold medal but not as a captain, is it to say he's not a leader? absolutely not.

that said I say he's a leader. Inviting the Sedins to his locker room for a chat , doing the hand shake, that's a quality leader to me. giving his team a chance to win every night shows leadership.

Reactions: I am not exposed

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Better question is if he is a winner.

I would be surprised if McDavid has a "not a winner" moniker attached to him over his career. I see him being a very good playoff/ tourney performer. He may not enhance his regular season resume very much like OV and Jagr but it won't keep lower in all-time rankings like Dionne.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
He’s not the Alpha vocal type leader. He’s more of the follow my lead how I play put the team on my back leader.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

You’re the one suggesting he’s a bad leader because team success is the only way you’re evaluating leadership. Don’t have a fit when you’re called out on it.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
by definition, yes. he's the captain of his NHL team so he's a leader. As soon as he gets a good team around him, he'll be magically seen as a great leader because that's how it works

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->