Is Connor Hellebuyck tracking to be a HHOFer?

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
I never paid much attention being from the East, so never knew his playoff numbers were so horrid.

Perhaps he's worth a Luongo "great loser" participation award, but who cares at this point of the year?

Clutch loser playing for a clutch loser team on a giant contract, match made in stat heaven.

He can kiss one of Crosby's rings/medals if he wants a taste of the success of the ultimate goal in this team sport.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Helle gets them in but the team has to be more than him. You really ride him out, burn him out and then complain when he starts faltering? The team in front of him is overrated af and ownership needs to address that. The team gave up that series and it was absolutely pathetic. It makes a goalie like Helle go 'well, fk this, they don't give a damn after all I've put in, why should I?'

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Helle gets them in but the team has to be more than him. You really ride him out, burn him out and then complain when he starts faltering? The team in front of him is overrated af and ownership needs to address that. The team gave up that series and it was absolutely pathetic. It makes a goalie like Helle go 'well, fk this, they don't give a damn after all I've put in, why should I?'

no one made him feel that way, that's just who he is. He got his payday and that's all that matters.

What bearing does that have on anything?

It's a rhetorical question, don't worry.

if the regular season mattered that 65 win season would have meant something, instead they're just known as the team that choked the hardest in the 1st round, ever.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Wasn't great this year vs the explosive Avalanche but outside the past 2 years he's been pretty solid in the playoffs (including an amazing run in 2021)

Ctgotkv.png

Reactions: llamateizer

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
He was FAR from the reason the Jets went out without much fight, the Jets were getting beat to the puck all over the ice and the counter attacks from the turnovers the Jets gave would be too much for any goalie. Game 5 for example, I don't think a goalie has a chance on any of the goals against, the other games he maybe should have had 1 or 2 at the very most per game. Which leads to a post a person said in the playoff thread, even if Helly had a .910 save percentage, they were still short on the goal scoring to win

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Lmao, just like the Habs who went to the finals. Or Vegas their first year, or Florida last year. No one would've ever have them as "real" threats coming into the playoffs. Jets were actual contenders this year and have been in years past. Stop being so defensive and try to be objective.

The Jets were among the mid top teams, record aside. No one thought they were a legit Cup threat.

His backup goalie has better numbers than he this year. Just saying.

The backup would get the much easier teams to play against as well.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
no one made him feel that way, that's just who he is. He got his payday and that's all that matters.

if the regular season mattered that 65 win season would have meant something, instead they're just known as the team that choked the hardest in the 1st round, ever.
If the regular season didn't matter they wouldn't track stats and seed teams based on standings.

People can keep saying it doesn't matter to discredit players and teams if they want, but it's just not true.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
If the regular season didn't matter they wouldn't track stats and seed teams based on standings.

People can keep saying it doesn't matter to discredit players and teams if they want, but it's just not true.

Maybe the regular season is important when that's the only thing your team is good at but even players are wiling to skip the entire season but always make sure to be healthy for the playoffs because that's what matters. Most players are also willing to endanger their lives to play in the playoffs, I don't see anyone playing with a punctured lung in the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad