Is Big bad Joe Pavelski a hall of famer?

Is he a hall of famer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
3x Top 10 Goals
2x Top 10 Points

Other than 2014 none of those were higher than 5th; even his 3rd place finish for goals in 2014 was still 8 goals behind #1.

1x 2nd AST. Never nominated for any major awards.

Nope. Not even close.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Classic Hall of Very Good player.

500 goals is also not a lock just yet. He's 38. 70 more goals is nothing to sneeze at.

If he hits 500 AND wins like two Cups and a Smythe in the next 3-4 years, maybe there's a reasonable argument to be made.

But as is, no chance. Was never a top-5 player at any point in his career.

Reactions: Machinehead

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Not a HHOF level career, but a pretty good one to be proud of. Not too many guys are able to keep up with today's league at his age these days.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
500 goals and 1000 points used to be sort of the lock benchmark to get in but that seems to have faded away now.

I agree he a long shot for sure but he could actually push 500 goals, 1100 points and maybe even 150 points.

Seeing guys like Alfie and the Sedins get in now I think the door just slightly open
Players who were considered top 5 in the league at times vs a player who wasn't even close?

If he hits 500 AND wins like two Cups and a Smythe in the next 3-4 years, maybe there's a reasonable argument to be made.

But as is, no chance. Was never a top-5 player at any point in his career.
Even then, no. I'd put Marleau in before him and Marleau isn't even on my long list

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Players who were considered top 5 in the league at times vs a player who wasn't even close?

Even then, no. I'd put Marleau in before him and Marleau isn't even on my long list

I mean Sedins yeah top 5 for a season or two...Alfie maybe one? Not saying their bad by any means...

Man the hall is so screwy forgot guys like Roenick and Brind'amour.

Man if the hall had proper standards none of these guys should be in

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Pavelski right now sits at the 110th place in all time points with 430+513=943 points. He's outside of the Hall of fame if he retired right now. But in his last 82 regular season games Pavelski has put up 90 points. That's elite numbers, especially for someone who just turned 38. He still has a chance to add a lot to his totals. If he stays healthy for the rest of the year he'll pass 1000 points which will increase his chances. And even a declining Pavelski will most likely surpass 1100 career points and 500 career goals before his career is over. Like it or not, Pavelski is entering the Hall of fame conversation with the way he's playing...

Um no he isn't, he might make it interesting for the stats watchers but he isn't a HHOF player and I like him as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00