Is babcock good with young talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2017
I love how everyone still believes the myth the National media favours and loves the Leafs. Are people not aware everyone on TSN/SN picked Boston and the 2013 Leafs collapse was the most covered story? LOL. I am always amazed the actual content of those stations are ignored in favour of the untrue myth.
The pain of that 2013 serie shown over and over and Boston picked to beat the Leafs. Oh my, will thi sLeaf love ever end? LOL>
I wouldn’t say favours and loves, but overcovers? Hooo boy, I’ll say. 4pm start in Vancouver just cause Hayley’s little man is in town? f*** that.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I wouldn’t say favours and loves, but overcovers? Hooo boy, I’ll say. 4pm start in Vancouver just cause Hayley’s little man is in town? **** that.
You don't understand how network television works, do you?
You honestly think the game starts at 4PM to make the Leafs happy? LOL. How many times does this have to be told to Canuck fans. Once again, it is ignored in favour of the preferred myth.
Rogers paid 5.2 Billion for the NHL rights. They need to make that money back. Having a game start at 11PM Eatern time will cost them millions.
Notice how the weekday games in Edmonton and Calgary against the Leafs start at 7Pm pacific time? Because it's a weeknight!

Feb 24, 2017
You don't understand how network television works, do you?
You honestly think the game starts at 4PM to make the Leafs happy? LOL. How many times does this have to be told to Canuck fans. Once again, it is ignored in favour of the preferred myth.
Rogers paid 5.2 Billion for the NHL rights. They need to make that money back. Having a game start at 11PM Eatern time will cost them millions.
Notice how the weekday games in Edmonton and Calgary against the Leafs start at 7Pm pacific time? Because it's a weeknight!
1/82 isn’t saving or sinking anything. It alienates more than it earns.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
No one said that at all. They said Toronto had better depth and provided all stats and facts after 82 games which proved them right.
Pretty much every Leaf fan quoted that over and over. Leafs have the depth over the Bruins, with out even looking at what moves Sweeney made compared to Lou. Sweeney prepared and made the right moves, Lou failed at adding what they needed big time. Facts are Bruins depth proved better in the season and now.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Pretty much every Leaf fan quoted that over and over. Leafs have the depth over the Bruins, with out even looking at what moves Sweeney made compared to Lou. Sweeney prepared and made the right moves, Lou failed at adding what they needed big time. Facts are Bruins depth proved better in the season and now.
The post I responded to was every Leaf fans said Boston depth doesn't compare. I don't think that is true.
Regardless, ststistics were shown by Leaf fans to prove the point. It's not like they were wrong witg those commenst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FanSince72

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Babcock didnt exactly coach any young promesing prospects in detroit so is he really the right coach for leafs young guys?

Last season the Leafs made the playoffs with 6 rookies all contributing in important positions. I think he’s done a pretty alright job

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
All of our recently drafted players are developing really well so far (Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Brown/Dermott etc) and all of the younger guys have found new success under him (Rielly/Gardiner/Hyman/Kadri) so I would say he is doing very well with our young guys. What evidence is there to the contrary?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Leafs have gone from 69 points to 95 points to 105 points and yeah clearly things are going horribly wrong and we need big changes.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Leafs have gone from 69 points to 95 points to 105 points and yeah clearly things are going horribly wrong and we need big changes.
Any other team would be called the next cup contender. Hell, I was just told Florida Panthers are in a better position to win it all. Can they make the palyoffs first?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He led a team where 3 of their 6 best players are 21 and under to the playoffs in consecutive years. I'd say that shows he's pretty damn good with them.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The coach who had the best successful with rookies one year ago gets this thread. Beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->