Is Anders Lee this good?

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Only skill player we have is Zibs.

Anyway Anders Lee, no, he isn't that good.

Interesting because he would be your best forward.

A guy who has about 50 goals in the past calander year isn't very good.

Lee has 6 more points than any ranger player, he also has 3 more goals than any ranger player (Grabner, who is the king of empty net goals).

I find it extremely interesting that the 4th leading goal scorer, who is also 19th in total points isn't a skilled player. He is the best winger on the team that has scored the most goals in the league this season.

Please take off the homer glasses, watch an Isles game, and than comeback and tell me that Lee isn't skilled. Hell, you'll even get to watch an entertaining hockey game for once, you won't have to watch Lundqvist make miraculous saves to keep the rangers season alive.

IslesBro715

May 24, 2009
Florida
Standing in front of the net and having pucks bounce off your skate, your butt, or another part of your body does not qualify as skill in my eyes. Oh yea! He does knock in a rebound from time to time!

He is a strong and tough player, but skilled he is not. His line mates make him. He just reaps the rewards.

yoda?

Reactions: SI90

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Anders Lee would be the best rangers forward by a country mile.

Rangers fans make themselves look terrible year after year. You guys watch a goalie make 50 saves a night and grabner score empty net goals for wins, and even that isnt working anymore.

Nice one. Sounds exciting. Well keep Lee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Acula

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Standing in front of the net and having pucks bounce off your skate, your butt, or another part of your body does not qualify as skill in my eyes. Oh yea! He does knock in a rebound from time to time!

He is a strong and tough player, but skilled he is not. His line mates make him. He just reaps the rewards.

Gotta love the things Rangers fans say when the Islanders are doing better

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Gotta love the things Rangers fans say when the Islanders are doing better

Well we've gotta take advantage of this situation that's presented itself for the first time in 13 years and get all our stupid shit out of our systems.

Last edited:

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

You'd think every team would put an unskilled pylon in front of the net and have pucks bounce off their body, seeing how it's working out pretty well for Anders.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Unskilled? Lee has some amazing assists in close. Thru his leg passes while being knocked down from behind to Bailey for a wide open net, type of assists. Guy is most definitely skilled.

Reactions: SI90

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
NYR fans...who have been watching the shooting% kings the last 6 years....half their goals bouncing off numerous skates, butts, kegs, etc....says lee isn't skilled.

Oh the irony

Reactions: PWJunior

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Just found out that Lee only scores because has a badonkadonk.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Any honest Ranger fan would be foolish to disregard the talent this kid has.

Heck I could see myself taking 3-4 Isle forwards before a single Ranger. Who could not acknowledge the tremendous skill of this offensive group presently wearing the blue and orange.

The truth is that the Rangers are a very difficult team to root for. Along with maybe San Jose, I don't know of another club that comes close to having been very good for so long without winning a Cup.

Say all you want, but they at least go for it pretty much every year. Smart way to do it, probably not...but watching a team like the Penguins just angers me to no end, as I have seen them purposely tank so many times and have generational talent after generational talent fall into their laps.

Anyway, I am personally rooting for the Rangers to have a really bad year, dump some of the older guys for picks and remake the team. Regardless, we all live in glass houses and we aren't even halfway through December. Too early to start laughing about the Rangers or planning any parades on the LIE.

I am just happy that I can hate your team again without any guilt. Much more fun when there is real talent on the ice.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Anders Lee would be the best rangers forward by a country mile.

Rangers fans make themselves look terrible year after year. You guys watch a goalie make 50 saves a night and grabner score empty net goals for wins, and even that isnt working anymore.

Nice one. Sounds exciting. Well keep Lee.
I'll take MZA, Zibanejad and Buchnevich over Lee.

The mighty Islanders are a whopping 2 points ahead of a team that started 2-8. Sad!

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
The best part of the story is that they wanted him if he stopped playing football. He was drafted the next year... in the sixth round.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I'll take MZA, Zibanejad and Buchnevich over Lee.

The mighty Islanders are a whopping 2 points ahead of a team that started 2-8. Sad!

this is a true statement. I do wonder how the blueshirts will fare when they get on the road as their schedule has been home heavy. Good recovery after the bad start

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->