Is Anders Lee this good?

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
IDK but man I'm killing it in my fantasy league and one reason is because of Anders Lee!

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
he's amazing in front of the net, anytime I see #27 in close, I know he's prob going to pound it home.

He's really hard to move from that area as well; smaller D-men bounce off him like he's a man amongst children.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
He'll definitely slow down, as I do not see him finishing the year top five in goals.

He should however bank 30+ goals again and a lot of his shots are in the high danger area and he plays with players who get the puck in those areas and often, so that helps.
50 this year like he's on pace for? I'm not sure.

But when you consider your second sentence, 38-44 seems doable.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
IDK but man I'm killing it in my fantasy league and one reason is because of Anders Lee!

If you want a good laugh go look at the top 250 fantasy hockey rankings ESPN just released.

Lee is behind guys like Pacioretty, Simmonds, Perry, Brassard, Toews and Pavelski. He has blown all of these guys out of the water. Pretty sure Lee has more goals than Patches point total.

Dude is criminally underrated.

Reactions: Eberzal

Ultimate Warrior

Mar 3, 2004
He has a 13.14 ONSH% at 5v5. (That would be 1st in the league last season by a significant margin, for context)

Like most players on the Islanders, his offense is going to slow down unless they somehow remain ridiculously lucky for the rest of the season.

The reason his shooting percentage is so high is due to his play style and it is sustainable. He rarely shoots from distance on the rush or off the cycle. He is always parked in front of the net and his chances are usually deflections/rebounds where he overpowers defenders. He is reliant on other players to create shots and havoc leading to those grade A chances, but there are few who are better at converting those chances.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The reason his shooting percentage is so high is due to his play style and it is sustainable. He rarely shoots from distance on the rush or off the cycle. He is always parked in front of the net and his chances are usually deflections/rebounds where he overpowers defenders. He is reliant on other players to create shots and havoc leading to those grade A chances, but there are few who are better at converting those chances.

A 13.16 ONSH%(as in the shooting % of all the shots while he's on the ice) is not sustainable. The best players and lines in the league don't even come close to that over a full season.

And his individual SH% is 25.4. There's absolutely no way 1/4 of his shots are going to keep going in.

Ultimate Warrior

Mar 3, 2004
A 13.16 ONSH%(as in the shooting % of all the shots while he's on the ice) is not sustainable. The best players and lines in the league don't even come close to that over a full season.

And his individual SH% is 25.4. There's absolutely no way 1/4 of his shots are going to keep going in.

No, but his personal shooting percentage will always be one of the higher numbers in the league just due to the type of game he plays. He's very good at what he does. So yes, to answer the question of the OP, he is this good.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Big, no skill, work horse. Makes a living in front of the net. Reaps the rewards of his limemates plays.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Big, no skill, work horse. Makes a living in front of the net. Reaps the rewards of his limemates plays.

The past 2 years he’s showed skill and his skating has improved. I wouldn’t say no skill. He’s not Tavares or Kane but he has skill. His passing has actually been really good as well.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's already a proven 34 goal scorer. Lee is not a fluke. He can score in this league. Whether he can sustain his rate, unknown. But this is a good hockey player.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
So you're clearly talking out your ass if you think Lee has no skill. He has the second most goals scored in the league over the past calander season, you don't do that with no skill.

Standing in front of the net and having pucks bounce off your skate, your butt, or another part of your body does not qualify as skill in my eyes. Oh yea! He does knock in a rebound from time to time!

He is a strong and tough player, but skilled he is not. His line mates make him. He just reaps the rewards.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
The hands and ability to find
Standing in front of the net and having pucks bounce off your skate, your butt, or another part of your body does not qualify as skill in my eyes. Oh yea! He does knock in a rebound from time to time!

He is a strong and tough player, but skilled he is not. His line mates make him. He just reaps the rewards.
Hilarious hot take.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

Sure bud, if Lee isn't skilled the rangers don't have a single skilled forward on their team.

Reactions: Dr Acula and SI90

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Didn't realise he scored 34 last year :amazed:
I don't watch him enough to comment, but PPG so far this year is impressive

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Only skill player we have is Zibs.

Anyway Anders Lee, no, he isn't that good.

Come on, that’s not a fair statement. The guys a legit hockey player and does something very important in hockey. He scores goals.

Your assessment of pucks bouncing in off of him isn’t fair.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Didn't realise he scored 34 last year :amazed:
I don't watch him enough to comment, but PPG so far this year is impressive

The assists are what’s surprising. His passing and playmaking seems to have taken a step up. He looks much more of a complete offensive player this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->