Is Alexandre Bolduc a decent prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Depends, he's got some glaring weaknesses. Im not sure of his size but he doesnt like the physical part of the game. Havent seen any tapes of him lately thought. If he gets more agilt and beefs up id say he has top 6 scoring potential

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Reveille said:
I don't really think he has much potential to go higher than the minors. It's not like he's really grown into a better player much if at all.

Seems a little harsh don't you think? This kid isn't even out of junior yet and already he's got nothing more than minor league potential. He was pegged as a 2nd round pick coming into his draft year so there has to be something there. No, he hasn't developed well yet, but give the kid some time. All this coming from a Rangers fan.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think the people calling him a weak prospect havent seen him play.

He is up to 6'01 190 now and has great skills. He isnt soft either, he just doesnt initiate.

guitaraholic*

La-La-Laprise said:
I think the people calling him a weak prospect havent seen him play.

He is up to 6'01 190 now and has great skills. He isnt soft either, he just doesnt initiate.

You are rapidly becoming my oracle. Do you think he has NHL potential?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
guitaraholic said:
You are rapidly becoming my oracle. Do you think he has NHL potential?

Yeah, if he works hard. He has obviosuly been labaled soft because of the league he plays in. He isnt soft, he just isnt the type to run people over. He has amazing skills and i feel he is underrated.

guitaraholic*

La-La-Laprise said:
Yeah, if he works hard. He has obviosuly been labaled soft because of the league he plays in. He isnt soft, he just isnt the type to run people over. He has amazing skills and i feel he is underrated.

sweet. the phrase "amazing skills" has me raising my hopes for him someday developing into a decent NHLer. Again, thanks for your feedback.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
guitaraholic said:
sweet. the phrase "amazing skills" has me raising my hopes for him someday developing into a decent NHLer. Again, thanks for your feedback.

Maybe Amazing is too strong a word but he is a great skater with great hands.

guitaraholic*

La-La-Laprise said:
Maybe Amazing is too strong a word but he is a great skater with great hands.

As long as a prospect has some strong aspects to his game, particularly if their skating is a strength, then I see signs of hope and potential. A prospect could do a lot worse than have to be a strong skater with great hands. To me, that adds up to solid NHL prospect. Now it seems the question is whether he can play at NHL speed and take the physical abuse that we know seperates the real players from the AHLers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->