Is Aaron Ekblad a #1 D-man?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I hope you have never tried to argue that Morgan Rielly is a #1 D-Man

Right now, Rielly is better than Ekblad, that is fact based on what they have shown so far. Ekblad had an incredible first year but after that he's been nothing good and a big reason why the Panthers struggle.

Rielly BTW has more ES points than so many great D over the past two years. I'm hoping this is the year he's the PP1 guy so he racks up ~50 points and is mentioned amongst the top 20D in the league. If Rielly picks up right where he left off at the end of the playoffs, he will have a career year.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Right now, Rielly is better than Ekblad, that is fact based on what they have shown so far. Ekblad had an incredible first year but after that he's been nothing good and a big reason why the Panthers struggle.

Rielly BTW has more ES points than so many great D over the past two years. I'm hoping this is the year he's the PP1 guy so he racks up ~50 points and is mentioned amongst the top 20D in the league. If Rielly picks up right where he left off at the end of the playoffs, he will have a career year.
Well, no that's not a fact. That's your opinion. And the last part of your first paragraph is your opinion as well. Because a lot of people weren't saying anything about him struggling after his second season. Probably the only reason he's catching flack right now is because of his 3rd season, not his second season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad