Is #9 too high for Bourret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle*

Rabid Ranger - Just once i wish you wouldn't defend every American prospect as if it was your constitutional right. There is certainly a pattern there. Do you ever praise a Canadian prospect that is being slighted? Or a Finnish? I'm first and foremost a hockey fan - I don't give a crap whre he was born to be honest.

I'm not trying to start a Canada-US thing here - I love Johnson and Ryan and would be thrilled if my team (Habs) got either one of them, but it seems like every time someone says something you feel is negative about an American you swoop in with your red white and blue cape to "correct" the situation. Am I wrong?

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
mazmin said:
Bourret could drop like Schremp last year... but then again if Muckler is in love with the guy 9 is not too high. It's better to get your man than risk someone else taking him. Remember Wheeler? There was a good reason the Yotes never traded down.

Remember Wheeler is right, Milbury was picking him and made no secret of it, I feel the same way about Bourret, he wont make it past Muck.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
RangerBlues said:
Remember Wheeler is right, Milbury was picking him and made no secret of it, I feel the same way about Bourret, he wont make it past Muck.

I'm a little slow today please elaborate.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
hockeyfan42 said:
Bourret being traded has nothing to do with my analysis. He's got the talent. I wrote going in the first nine is not too early. On another thread I wrote he is NHL capable this year. At least physically. The only reason he wouldn't go that early would be because of his attitude. Or at least the league's belief about his attitude. I said a team will have to take a chance on his maturity and attitude is because that is his only downside.

Personally, I really hope the kid matures, gets picked early and does well for himself. I would love nothing more than to see him succeed. But the knock on his attitude does have merit. It wasn't one disagreement with someone in the organization one time. It was far too common. If his reaction to going to Shawinigan is close to what some have heard, he still needs to mature.

To be positive for a moment, his attitude issues did not affect his fan relations. He was a fan favorite and was always accomodating when they approached him.

You are right body, as a fan, I will certainly miss watching him play :(
I would just like to point out that any 17yr old who is forced to uproot and move his life would not be happy at all. In fact, I would be surprised if he wasn't angry.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Leachmeister2000 said:
It should be the exact opposite.

You think? That's pretty strange to me.

There are way more than 9 players with a higher upside than that. And I see a very small likelihood of him busting completely.

He's smart, physical, skilled and has no glaring weaknesses that I have seen. I think he's a very safe player who, if he fails to make it on a scoring line will find other ways to make himself useful.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
they should draft a solid LW, perhaps Bergfors, and then make a later deal to rearrange their assests from the left side by trading one of Hossa, Havlat, or Alfredsson when the time is right (for example, if they don't reach the Eastern Conference Finals this year).

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Rabid Ranger said:
I'm not going to flame you, but I think you're a little off in your estimation of Skille's potential. He hasn't had the chance to run with the top guns on the U.S. U18 team...

Please, save that one for Mercier someone who really deserves that excuse. If anything, "running with the top guns" would have inflated Skille's numbers playing with Kessel/Mueller.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
DaveyCrockett said:
I would just like to point out that any 17yr old who is forced to uproot and move his life would not be happy at all. In fact, I would be surprised if he wasn't angry.

He ASKED for the trade, then when he was traded he didnt like his destination.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Minnesota Norse Star said:
they should draft a solid LW, perhaps Bergfors, and then make a later deal to rearrange their assests from the left side by trading one of Hossa, Havlat, or Alfredsson when the time is right (for example, if they don't reach the Eastern Conference Finals this year).

Havlat will be moved to LW, as well as Fisher, so I don't think they'll specifically want a LWer.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Balej's Dance said:
Please, save that one for Mercier someone who really deserves that excuse. If anything, "running with the top guns" would have inflated Skille's numbers playing with Kessel/Mueller.

I understand. I was just trying to throw out some reasons people could possibly be down on Skille.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
When I think of Bourret, I think of Lemieux......Jocelyn, of course. And while he was in Chicago, I really liked him. Like Joce, I don't see Bourret's offense following him to the NHL.

braino

Sep 14, 2002
Visit site
Bourret will go high

#9 is a good spot and nothing wrong if the Sens draft him here. One thing that you gotta like about Alex Bourret is that he's the complete package. He can score, pass, play great defense, fight and throw thunderous checks and one of the best skaters at the draft too. I would not be suprised if he gets drafted at #5,6 or 7 to be honest. The Habs may select Bourret here as at #5 would fit the need at power forward, at 6 Columbas may take him if Kopitar is gone already and at 7 the Hawks have always had best success with the energetic player (young roenick).

I predict Crosby (Pitt), Johnson (Ana), Brule (carolina), Brule (Minn), Bourret (Mon), Ryan(Columbas), Pouliot (Chi), O'Marra (Atl), Bergfors (Ott), Price (Vanc).

This is my top 10, somewhat surprising but I think this will happen.

hockeyfan42

Jun 8, 2005
Lewiston, ME USA
braino said:
#9 is a good spot and nothing wrong if the Sens draft him here. One thing that you gotta like about Alex Bourret is that he's the complete package. He can score, pass, play great defense, fight and throw thunderous checks and one of the best skaters at the draft too. I would not be suprised if he gets drafted at #5,6 or 7 to be honest. The Habs may select Bourret here as at #5 would fit the need at power forward, at 6 Columbas may take him if Kopitar is gone already and at 7 the Hawks have always had best success with the energetic player (young roenick).

I predict Crosby (Pitt), Johnson (Ana), Brule (carolina), Brule (Minn), Bourret (Mon), Ryan(Columbas), Pouliot (Chi), O'Marra (Atl), Bergfors (Ott), Price (Vanc).

This is my top 10, somewhat surprising but I think this will happen.
Switch Ryan and Bourret and you could be close. At least closer than me. Montreal won't draft a loose cannon. Columbus just might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->