OT: Iron Chef HFNYR (Recipes/Game Meal or Snack Pics)

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Nice skillet, here's a pic of mine. Just bought it last week

709SIGJ.png

You should take better care of your skillet. :eek:

Reactions: Krams

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
OK kids.
Just make these chips and profit from the awesomeness.
I challenge anyone to eat just one ;)

I added the cayenne in the beginning

Herbed Lasagna Chips

Ingredients

6 lasagna noodles
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. Italian herb mixture
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°F. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain; let cool in single layer on baking sheet.
Cut noodles into bite-size pieces; toss with Parmesan, olive oil, garlic, Italian herb mixture, salt and pepper.
Spread in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp. Let cool.

Tips:

Add a pinch of cayenne for heat if desired.
Serve with a variety of dips, such as hummus, marinara or tzatziki sauce, for dipping.

Attachments

• 22047684_10212492732447274_8400294565068929045_o.jpg
    22047684_10212492732447274_8400294565068929045_o.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 13

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Tonight's dinner..

Tortellini alla Panna with Prosciutto, Peas, and Mushrooms

1-tablespoon olive oil

1 clove garlic, crushed

1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced

1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed

1/2 cup thinly sliced and chopped prosciutto

3/4 cup whipping cream or half-and-half

1-pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini

1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

Heat a medium-size frying pan and sauté the prosciutto or 2 minutes.
Remove the prosciutto and set aside.
Add the oil, garlic, and mushrooms and sauté over medium-high heat for 3 minutes until the mushrooms are just tender.
Add the peas and half & half and simmer 2 minutes more.

Boil the tortellini in a pot of salted water until just before al dente and drain.
Add the tortellini and prosciutto back to the pot and allow tortellini to finish cooking in sauce until al dente.
Add the cheese.
Toss all together and add salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy ;)

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Tonight's dinner..

1-tablespoon olive oil

1 clove garlic, crushed

Salt and pepper to taste

Add the oil, garlic, and mushrooms and sauté over medium-high heat for 3 minutes until the mushrooms are just tender.

Boil the tortellini in a pot of salted water until just before al dente and drain.
Add the tortellini and prosciutto back to the pot and allow tortellini to finish cooking in sauce until al dente.
Add the cheese.

Enjoy ;)
I have made this before and can confirm it is absolutely delicious and comforting.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Tonight's dinner..

1-tablespoon olive oil

1 clove garlic, crushed

Salt and pepper to taste

Add the cheese.

Enjoy ;)

That sounds fantastic. Going to have to make this one.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I have made this before and can confirm it is absolutely delicious and comforting.

Yeah..It's so easy to make.
I love it.
Wish I would've taken pics..Next time
I can definitely say that this isn't exactly a figure friendly recipe so I'm not so sure if I'd recommended it if you're training lol

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Here's the recipe for Carne Adovada I made for the Winnepeg game. Try it once and you'll be hooked ;)

3lb whole pork shoulder, bone in, skin off
6 oz package of red chile powder (1.25 cups)
3 - 5 large cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
pinch of cumin (1/8 teaspoon)
pinch of cinnamon (1/8 teaspoon)
pinch of nutmeg (1/8 teaspoon)
pinch of smoked paprika (1/8 teaspoon)
liberal amount of salt
2 cups red wine

Instructions:
Combine chile powder, garlic, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, paprika, salt, olive oil and wine in crock pot and mix together. Roll the pork shoulder in the marinade so that it covers every square inch. Massage the marinade in for a minute or two, making sure to get it into any little folds or crevices. Set crockpot on low for 6 hours. After 6 hours, shred it up with two forks. Put crockpot on low for an additional 2 hours, add chicken stock or more wine if liquid level is low. Serves 6.

I love this recipe as it's very versitile. I like to make homemade small tortillas and cut up some raddish and cabbage to garnish them with, add any toppings you like (shredded cheese/sour cream/juice of a lime wedge/beans/etc.) You can also make burritos with it or just eat it with a fork. Also makes a damn good breakfast with a fried egg or 2 on top.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I’ll start taking some pictures to share, though my plating isn’t particularly artistic so the food won’t look as pretty as some of the pics in here. I cook a lot. Considered culinary when I left my job in banking but decided on the military instead. Sort of a calling. As far as recipes go, if anyone ever wants to impress a lady with a really good, decadent breakfast, try this. My wife and I did on New Year’s Day before the WC.

You’ll need a sourdough baguette, eggs, heavy cream, butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg and brown sugar.

Cut your baguette into 1/2 or 3/4 inch slices. In a Pyrex or similar dish beat 4 eggs, add heavy cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Mix and then soak your baguette slices in here. Get a pan hot and buttered and proceed to make really rich sourdough French toast bites.

In a separate pan put a generous slice of butter, add heavy cream and brown sugar. Keep mixing over medium heat until you have a homemade caramel sauce. As your French toast rounds finish cooking immediately transfer to the caramel pan, dip on each side and stack on a plate.

Caramel dipped sourdough French toast. Super simple. Legitimately delicious. Like I said, only time I would make it would be something like Christmas/New Years morning or to impress a girl. Super decadent.

...now if we could get a fitness thread to counter all the calories this thread is inspiring me to consume.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It has its pros..I'm down to 168...I used to be 260.

So you’re a soft Euro Dangler. Interesting....

:sarcasm::laugh:

My sister is a Vegan and she eats non****ing stop. And most of the food is absolutely delicious.

She’s broken down a bit over the years. Once in awhile she’ll have chicken or fish. But absolutely no red meat.

Congrats on the weight loss. Your heart will thank you many years from now. How long have you been a Vegan? And what is the one thing you miss most?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
So you’re a soft Euro Dangler. Interesting....

:sarcasm::laugh:

My sister is a Vegan and she eats non****ing stop. And most of the food is absolutely delicious.

She’s broken down a bit over the years. Once in awhile she’ll have chicken or fish. But absolutely no red meat.

Congrats on the weight loss. Your heart will thank you many years from now. How long have you been a Vegan? And what is the one thing you miss most?
Thanks. Been vegan about 6 months now. In terms of meat I miss fish probably most of all.

But in terms of everything it's definitely junk food like chips that I miss. I snack on kix cereal...healthiest crunchy food I can find lol

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
That's great. Would you mind sharing some things that you eat day to day as a vegan?
today for example
Whole wheat home made toast and coffee for breakfast

Almond butter and banana sandwich for lunch

Fruits for snacks

Dinner was corn on the cob, green beans, and BBQ tofu

Yesterday breakfast was the same, lunch was lentils and brown rice, and dinner was Singapore noodles with tofu.

Tomorrow is chili night...beans are the protein.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
today for example
Whole wheat home made toast and coffee for breakfast

Almond butter and banana sandwich for lunch

Fruits for snacks

Dinner was corn on the cob, green beans, and BBQ tofu

Yesterday breakfast was the same, lunch was lentils and brown rice, and dinner was Singapore noodles with tofu.

Tomorrow is chili night...beans are the protein.

Can you eat feta cheese?

If So, here’s a green bean Greek recipe called Fasolakia. You can eat it without Feta too, but it would be criminal if you could but didn’t.
49B255DC-8073-4934-A758-30221D65BEFE.jpeg

0A6AD796-88BB-40DE-8A34-BEDE96CCA6D6.jpeg

Another favorite of mine is a Sugar Snap Pea + Peas salad. Get fresh veggies and make a Lemon + Olive Oil dressing with sea salt.

DE1FF127-E115-4045-B578-B9BBD9F6D42A.jpeg

Lastly, and probably my favorite. Another Greek dish called Xorta. Dandelion Greens. Boiled for 20min. Drenched with Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Lemon + Sea Salt. Serve chilled.

The water you use to boil the greens can be drank as a tea. This dish is a Staple in a lot of Greek households.

Horta0.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad