Invision Dynasty League

Fravashis

Jul 9, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
http://z7.invisionfree.com/RLHL/index.php?

Pretty 'eclectic' bunch of Admins, me being one. Just trying to get this thing off the ground, take a look if your interested and fill out an application under the "Courtyard" for one of our available teams.

Looking for any type to join, whether you want to just be there to draft and talk in the lounge, or you want to have a hand in running the league.

I am under the account "Fravashis" pm me on the site, or right here on HF if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance for your interest!

Fravashis

Jul 9, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Still bumping my *** off trying to see if any interest it out there. We have had some people from these boards register and it is much appreciated!

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Yahoo only allows 20 teams per league.

And 30 teams times 50-man rosters equals 1500 players. That's a ****-load of players.. Far more than are actually in the NHL. A message board draft would take close to a year to complete, and that's assuming managers don't lose interest (which is inevitable when you get down to drafting Trent Klatt and Scott Lachance, with 10 rounds still to go and weeks to wait until your next pick).

I'm interested in joining, but I think the league needs to be scaled down a bit. It's a nice idea, but fairly impractical. :)

Fravashis

Jul 9, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
That has been changed my friend. We are going to be using Hockey Pool Manager instead. I decided to cough up the 20 dollar registration fee, so we can now expand to thirty teams; and those type of suggestions are always welcome.

We are thinking of having 35 or 40 rounds and then having the rest of the roster optionally filled out through free agency.

Rudolf Yaber

Dec 18, 2005
Edmonton
Lehtonen makes a good point. Even with 35-40 rounds and 30 teams, we are looking at 1050-1200 players, plus free agency after that. Smaller rosters and fewer rounds and/or fewer teams might garner more interest.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Lehtonen makes a good point. Even with 35-40 rounds and 30 teams, we are looking at 1050-1200 players, plus free agency after that. Smaller rosters and fewer rounds and/or fewer teams might garner more interest.
dude I have been in many leagues before, and I am in a couple with stefanfan, 40 rnds is perfect don't forget your not just drafting players in the NHL your drafting prospects aswell, to build your team for the future, thats essentially what a keeper league is all about....

Fravashis

Jul 9, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
dude I have been in many leagues before, and I am in a couple with stefanfan, 40 rnds is perfect don't forget your not just drafting players in the NHL your drafting prospects aswell, to build your team for the future, thats essentially what a keeper league is all about....

EXACTLY!

The last 10 rounds are essentially all prospects; and some prospects get taken in the first 5 or 6 rounds (Jack Johnson for example). It really lets a GM shape what they want their team to be like.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004

I agree here.. I think 30-40 is a good number for a roster size.

But I don't know if it would work with so many teams. In my league we have 32 man rosters and only 12 teams, and already the FA pool is very very scarce. There's always a few extra guys I want to pick up I admit, but my league only has 384 players in it.. Not well over 1000.

I would seriously recommend you take a look around at other league's drafts to see what kind of talent will be available after 500 picks (less than half way!). How do you expect 30 managers to stay interested and keep checking the draft page religiously when they're fighting over guys who will never sniff 10 goals in the NHL?

And how do you expect to get this draft done in time before the season starts? There's no way you're going to get 30 people to commit close to 10 hours straight to a live mock draft.. There's no way any one of you are going to be able to write up an auto-draft list for a draft that long.. There's no way that a message board draft will get done in time for the start of next season.

I'm not trying to rip holes in this league man, but I'd hate to see you guys put in so much effort to something which has such a low probability of working. :)

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing. 25 players on the active roster times 30 teams equals 750 players. That's bigger than NHL rosters, which means you'll have plenty of players on your active roster who won't be getting any NHL time. That's not to mention having to own worthless fantasy hockey players like Serge Aubin and Cory Cross just because they actually get a point every 2nd month... I have to ask - what is the point in having the active rosters so big?

Last edited:

Fravashis

Jul 9, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
It's a 20 man active roster if I remember correctly. The rest of the spots are a farm team for prospects. I think you may be missing the point about the size of the rosters. It is a keeper league over many years, so you draft prospects to fill your farm team and eventually have them come up to play on your active roster.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
And how do you expect to get this draft done in time before the season starts? There's no way you're going to get 30 people to commit close to 10 hours straight to a live mock draft.. There's no way any one of you are going to be able to write up an auto-draft list for a draft that long.. There's no way that a message board draft will get done in time for the start of next season.

who said it was going to be a live draft?

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
No one has said anything about what kind of draft it is.. That's why I covered all the options (live, auto, message board).

stefan I'm not missing the point about the size of the rosters. I've been running a league with the farm-team/active-team system for a few years now.. It's a great idea and IMO the best way to run to a keeper league.

I just wasn't sure if you knew what you were getting in to. ;)

All that said, I would like to join if you'll have me. I am very interested to see if this will work now. :)

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
Come on guys, the draft starts Friday and still have 12 teams available! Come on over and sign up.

You should really do 2 drafts. 1 for players that have played at least like 20 games in the NHL (pros) . ANd another for players that have played less then 20 games in the NHL (prospects). The pro draft should be 25 rounds and the prospect draft should be 20. Then you can fill your team with free agents at the end. Plus, you can start the PRO fantasy draft first. Then, like 2 weeks in, you can start the PROSPECT fantasy draft. Things will go much faster and it is a lot more organised IMO. I would join if we did something like this.

Last edited:

Fravashis

Jul 9, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
We prefer to do one big draft so that GM's can only have the best of one world. If they want a team that can contend now; they can have that but would be weak in prospects. Vice versa for prospect team or for a GM that chooses a bit of both.

Having two drafts makes it too easy for every team to become stacked and takes some strategy out of drafting.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
We prefer to do one big draft so that GM's can only have the best of one world. If they want a team that can contend now; they can have that but would be weak in prospects. Vice versa for prospect team or for a GM that chooses a bit of both.

Having two drafts makes it too easy for every team to become stacked and takes some strategy out of drafting.

You can't have every team stacked. It's impossible. I have been in 2 leagues with drafts like this and 2 leagues with drafts like you want. Both leagues that had drafts like you want never started because it was too hard to organise and it was too complicated. In my experience, it is a lot better the way I proposed.

Fravashis

Jul 9, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Come on guys, only 12 teams left; we are flying on Friday with as many teams as we can muster!

I am very impressed by the amount of activity on the site already, I look forward to seeing some more impressive GM's on the site this week!

Fravashis

Jul 9, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Guess what?

I'M BUMPING AGAIN!:shakehead

Note: All GM's who signed up for this league and have not signed in; please do so ASAP so we have an accurate figure of GM's.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
You can't have every team stacked. It's impossible. I have been in 2 leagues with drafts like this and 2 leagues with drafts like you want. Both leagues that had drafts like you want never started because it was too hard to organise and it was too complicated. In my experience, it is a lot better the way I proposed.

How on earth is running two drafts simultaneously easier to organise than running one?

One draft for everyone is pretty much the easiest thing possible.. No restrictions (apart from undrafted rookies), no confusions about who's on the clock in what draft, much easier to update for admins.... On top of all of that, as stefan has said, I think it is a lot better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad