Introductions/Behind the Posters II

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Well it's been nearly 6 years, so I guess I should update mine.

Name: Jacob

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Gaborik

Fav Current Wild: Nino

Fav Non Wild Players: Burns, Matthews, Ovechkin, Karlsson

Fav Wild Prospect: Kunin, Kaprizov, JEE

Fav Non Wild Prospects: any UMD player, basically.

Fav Movies: About Time is probably one of my top-5 movies, everytime I watch it I cry a little. Spotlight was great, I like most Robert Redford movies, Christopher Nolan is pretty great, Oh there's a lot of stuff out there I like.

Music: Frank Turner, Doomtree (and everyone's solo stuff), Minus the Bear, Classical stuff (Mahler and Tchaikovsky are my favorites), Gorillaz, Vampire Weekend, Billy Joel. Used to be really into metal but I think that part of me is gone. Love me some pop-punk.

Hobbies: Reading, TV/Movies, have taken up jogging/running, been getting back into video games.

Fav food: Been making home-made pasta, that's pretty great.

Fav Beer: Big fan of Insight, Bent Paddle, Castle Danger, and Canal Park Brewery.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Well 2003 was a special run, but I was like 12 so I didn't really grasp how awesome it was at the time. Nino's G7 winner is probably my favorite moment, it was during the end of the semester, I was up late night before a test, and that ping was ridiculously satisfying.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since they became a franchise.

Origin of screen name: I think Puhis said someone should have this S/N after we traded Schultz for Gilbert, so I decided why not?

Jerseys owned: Gaborik original green, Parise green 3rd, Vanek Buffalo blue,

Married?: No, but getting close to proposal.

Kids: Nope.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
If any of you follow soccer at all, I am naming my next cat after Marouane Fellaini.

Cat's name will be Meowouane Felini

I'd go with Furry Kane

245D8C3100000578-0-Harry_Kane_celebrates_scoring_their_first_goal_against_Chelsea-m-27_1420227006025.jpg

Reactions: TaLoN

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Name: Sandy

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Brian Rolston, Manny Fernandez, Derek Boogaard, Marco Scandella, Mario Gaborik, Niklaus Backstrom, Cal Clutterbuck

Fav Current Wild: Charlie Coyle, Mikko Koivu, Zach Parise, Jared Spurgeon, Devan Dubnyk

Fav Non Wild Players: Lots of Lightning players, as I am from the TB area originally and a long time fan of the franchise going back to 1995. I also like Cory Schneider and Adam Henrique in NJ, Gudas and Giroux in Philly, Spezza in Dallas, Arvidsson in Nashville, Rakell in Anaheim, Prosser in St. Louis, Clutterbuck and Skjei in NY (Isles and Rangers respectively), and Scandella in Buffalo.

Fav Wild Prospect: Used to be Alex Tuch...haven't warmed up to any other prospects yet.

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Shea Theodore (Vegas) and Tony DeAngelo (NYR). If these two ever get their defensive games up to NHL caliber, look out! They are both dynamic, offensive, and exciting skaters!

Fav Movies: Don't really have a favorite movie. Certainly have watched many good ones over the years, but can't really say there is one movie I need to watch over and over.

Music: A little of everyting, although I do like Rock best....modern, classic, all depending on my mood really.

Hobbies: I've been a practitioner of Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido for many years, and even as a busy work from home mom with kids, I still find time for myself early in the mornings for katas and hitting a BOB dummy (martial arts people will know what that is) my husband set up for me in the garage. Good for stress relief!
Also like playing fantasy hockey. I was introduced to that 3 seasons ago...I always thought it was silly, but after trying it, it is damned fun!

Fav food: Anything Italian or Latin Caribbean (Pasta dishes or things with rice beans and various baked marinated meats). Lots of fruit of various sorts.

Fav Beer: Don't drink much beer these days, but I had a liking for Ice House beer some years back. More of a wine cooler drinker. Mike's hard lemonade and such.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Can't pin down any one Wild moment, because the team, in general has given me many exciting moments. Starting backwards with Dubnyk's goalies exploits when he is on, to the team being the cardiac arrest bunch...just when you think they are going to lose, they pull out a win, etc. I met my husband, who is a native Minnesotan, back in 2001, married him in 2005, and it was when I married him that I started supporting the Wild. I am a native Floridian and a TB Lightning fan by trade :)

How long I have been a Wild fan: 2005

Origin of screen name: I am from the southern United States, like fruit, am female. Pretty straight forward. LOL.

Jerseys owned: Niklaus Backstrom home red, Zach Parise home red, Cal Clutterbuck older green n cream 3rd jersey, and will soon be getting a newer road white Charlie Coyle one.

Married?: Yes. 12 years this coming December

Kids: 2 sons. As of this writing, aged 10 and 6.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Haven't done this in a few years, so why not?

Name: Lauri (still a male name in Finland :laugh:)

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Koivu, Scandella, Granlund, Nino

Fav Current Wild: Granlund, Niederreiter

Fav Non Wild Players: Aleksander Barkov

Fav Wild Prospect: Tough.. Does Mike Reilly count?

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Aleksi Heponiemi is going to destroy the league. I also like Tolvanen (damn Preds..)

Fav Movies: Seven, Gran Torino, Interstellar, LotR

Music: Don't have a favourite band or a favourite genre. I'll listen to anything from Korean pop to Metallica as long as I like it :laugh:

Hobbies: Gym, watching sports. I also enjoy reading and studying history.

Fav food: Burritos, steaks, pizza.

Fav Beer: Surlies were amazing. See our drinking thread, too many to mention. Pale Ales are usually my favourite.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Waking up hung over as hell and seeing we beat the Avs in game 7 :D Was a casual fan for a long time since Wild drafted Koivu. Started watching more when Granlund joined the Wild.

How long I have been a Wild fan: See above

Origin of screen name: My friends call me Lapa in real life. Coincidentally, the blade of a hockey stick is called 'lapa' in Finnish.

Jerseys owned: Green Niederreiter jersey (the current home jersey)

Married?: Nope

Kids: Nope

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Name: Tyler

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Bouchard, Brodin, Zucker, Nino.

Fav Current Wild: Zucker, Nino, Granlund

Fav Non Wild Players: Arvidsson, Haula, Matthews, Kucherov

Fav Wild Prospect: Kunin

Fav Non Wild Prospects: n/a

Fav Movies: Star Wars, A Few Good Men, Tombstone

Music: Lots of different kinds. Eric Church, Sturgill Simpson, Kip Moore. 80s Rock.

Hobbies: Sports, happy hour, golf. Video games.

Fav food: Pizza, burgers, Mexican food.

Fav Beer: Lots...Deschutes Fresh Squeezed and Alaskan White are favorites. Love IPAs.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Think the main time I became a fan was during the 2003 playoff run. Became a much bigger fan around 2008 or so. Fav moments were watching game 7 in Colorado, and just that series in general. Signing Parise/Suter. Becoming a season ticket holder with friends.

How long I have been a Wild fan: ~14 years.

Origin of screen name: Same as my xbox live name...spells out the initials of Doc which is one of my old nicknames.

Jerseys owned: Green alternate (old now) blank, White Brodin, White Bouchard, new home Nino is on its way :)

Married?: Nope

Kids: Nope

Reactions: Lapa

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Updated my post on the previous page to fix the image problems caused by Photobucket... the images are now hosted on Flickr instead.
Kids: No kids, but I do have a Blue Quaker Parrot named Mikko (yes, named after Koivu!) and have 1 cat. The cat is named Punk'in. Punk'in is also nick-named Demon Cat!

Mikko

Punk'in (aka Demon Cat)
Updated this post on the last page now as well... same issue.
Awww... Teddy is cute!

Punk'in also happens to be extremely photogenic!

Meanwhile, Mikko is an absolute HAM! Loves posing for the camera!

Mikko in full Dinosaur growl!

Last edited:
Reactions: FVM and Lapa

mn1993vintage

Dec 12, 2017
Minnesota
Name: I have a one of a kind name so I prefer not to put it out there.
Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): 1. Derek Boogaard, 2. Ilya Bryzgalov, 3. Manny Fernandez, Dwayne Roloson, Martin Havlat, Dany Heatley, Filip Kuba, Willie Mitchell, Brian Rolston, Clayton Stoner (All tied because it’s too hard to choose).
Fav Current Wild: Matt Dumba, Jason Zucker, Nino Niederreiter, Devan Dubnyk
Fav Non Wild Players: David Pastrňák, Nick Bjugstad, Bobby Ryan, Nikita Kucherov, Nick Leddy, Anders Lee, Brock Nelson, Phil Kessel, Jaromir Jagr, Max Domi, Clayton Keller, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Wayne Simmonds, Tanner Glass, Shawn Thorton
Fav Wild Prospect: Kirill Kaprizov, Ivan Lodnia, Dmitri Sokolov
Fav Non Wild Prospects: Casey Mittelstadt
Fav Movies: Lord of the Rings, Star Wars
Music: Hardcore, Melodic Hardcore, Folk, Metalcore, Alt, Indie, Shoegaze, Hip Hop, etc.
Hobbies: Broomball, thrifting, music, reading, sports, outdoors.
Fav food: Taco Salad
Fav Beer: Not a big drinker but when I do Coors or Old Style.
Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: : 02-03 is when I really got into Hockey with the Gophers winning back to back Nattys and the Wild beating the Aves coming back 3-1 in the series and Brunette beating Roy in that unlikely playoff run. Those memories made me fall in love with the Wild. That going along with playing NHL Hitz 2002 with my brother on Gamecube.
How long I have been a Wild fan: Since 2000 so 17-18 years.
Origin of screen name: My old account was “squarepizza”. I got locked out of that when the site got updated. I used to buy and sell vintage sportswear and still dabble in doing it. 1993 is the year I was born. So this new account is a play on that.
Jerseys owned: A lot. (Not Sure if this link will work but I've added a couple since I posted this).
My personal collection: 15

Edmonton Oilers CCM Mark Messier Size L.
New York Rangers Home CCM Blank Size XL.
Philadelphia Flyers Away CCM Blank Size L.
Pittsburgh Penguins Away CCM Blank Size L.
Toronto Maple Leafs Nike Street Hockey Blank Size XXL.
Looney Tunes Bugs Bunny Size L.
Vancouver Canucks Home Pro Player Blank Size XL.
Kärpät Hockey School Blank Size L.
Minnesota Wild Center Ice CCM Practice Jersey Blank Size L.
Minnesota Wild Promotional Practice Athletics Size XL.
Minnesota Wild Away CCM Blank Size XL.
Minnesota Wild Home Reebok Premier Brent Burns Size XL.
Toronto Maple Leafs Away CCM Blank Size L.
Minnesota Wild Alternate Reebok Premier Martin Havlát Size XL.
Framed blank Home Koho Size XXL signed by Gaborik, Ronning and Laaksonen from the 02-03 season.
Best of the rest (Looking to sell at some point):15

Montreal Canadians Street Hockey Nike Blank Size L.
Chicago Blackhawks Alternate Starter Blank Size XL.
Saint Louis Blues Home Starter Blank Size L.
Montreal Canadians Home Starter Blank Size M.
Detroit Red Wings Home CCM Gordie Howe Size S.
Iowa Stars Reebok Premier Deadstock Blank Size Youth L/XL.
Pittsburgh Penguins Reebok Blank Size Youth S/M.
New York Rangers Reebok Edge Authentic Wayne Gretzky Size Youth S/M.
Chicago Blackhawks CCM Blank Size S.
Arctic Cat CCM Blank Size M (Felt Patchwork).
Nashville Predators Reebok Shea Weber Size Youth L/XL.
Minnesota Gophers Starter Blank Size Youth S/M.
New York Rangers Reebok Blank Size Child.
Minnesota Wild NHL Blank Size Child.
Detroit Red Wings Reebok Henrik Zetterberg Size Child 4-7.
Married?: Getting married to my Fiance the 2nd week in January.

Kids: 0

Reactions: MVPGoon

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
I haven't done this now so I shall my silence here

Name: Eero

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Mikko Koivu or Petteri Nummelin. Mike Modano was kinda good also!

Fav Current Wild: Granlund

Fav Non Wild Players: Barkov, Lemieux, Selänne, Yzerman

Fav Wild Prospect: Greenway or Kaprizov?

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Heiskanen (homer)

Fav Movies: Godfather and Dark Knight trilogy comes to my mind first.

Music: Metallica, GNR, AC/DC, A7X, Volbeat

Hobbies: Floorball, gym, outdoor ice hockey during winter time.

Fav food: Pasta. But I never eat it at restaurant!

Fav Beer: Dark lagers are very good. Also ales.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Must be when Mikko Koivu break through in Wild's roster. Mikael Granlund's selection in 2010 draft as he played in my other favorite team HIFK.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Around 10 years now?

Origin of screen name: Don't ask. My original screen name HELWild combined Helsinki and Wild. This one is more like sarcastic praise for goons.

Jerseys owned: My old Karhu-Kissat jerseys from my junior time. Lennart Petrell's HIFK jersey.

Married?: Nope but I've been together with my girlfriend for almost two years now.

Kids: No.

Reactions: gphr513

Wild in KC

Feb 6, 2016
Name: Jason

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Zach Parise, Marian Gaborik.

Fav Current Wild: Parise, Nino, Zucker, Mikko.

Fav Non Wild Players: Phil Kessel, Brock Boeser, Anders Lee, Brock Nelson, Erik Karlsson

Fav Wild Prospect: Kunin, Kaprizov, JEE

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Elias Pettersson

Fav Movies: LOTR, Forrest Gump, Dances With Wolves, Back to the Future, Top Gun, Grumpy Old Men

Music: George Strait, Garth Brooks, Zac Brown, Kenny Chesney, Michael Buble', Bon Jovi, Metallica, AC/DC.

Hobbies: Golfing, fishing, drinking beer, watching high school football/hockey, and traveling.

Fav food: Mexican or Italian food

Fav Beer: Guinness, Unibroue La Fin Du Monde, New Glarus Spotted Cow IPA, Blue Moon White IPA.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Early 2008 when Mikko returned from injury. Loved it when after scoring he skated right past the Vancouver bench, glared at every player in it, and screamed at the top of his lungs. Place was dead quiet and I loved every second of it.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since 2002. Not sure if this is safe to put out there for public knowledge, but I was a Colorado Avalanche fan before the Wild became in existence. I absolutely loved Peter Forsberg and liked Joe Sakic.

Origin of screen name: Well I live in KC and I'm a Wild fan.

Jerseys owned: Zach Parise green, Nino Niederreiter green, Phil Kessel black Penguin, Phil Kessel Blue Maple Leafs,

Married? Yes

Kids: Yes, one 19 year old son and a care-giver to 4 other kids that are 6, 9, 16, 19.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Nice, welcome!

Funny enough, some friends and I are planning on driving down to KC to play some golf this weekend as long as the weather holds up.

Wild in KC

Feb 6, 2016
Nice, welcome!

Funny enough, some friends and I are planning on driving down to KC to play some golf this weekend as long as the weather holds up.

KC has some great golf courses and the weather is suppose to improve this weekend. Right now it's downright crap with some of this ice. Suppose to be another round of ice over night and into tomorrow morning. The good thing is all this ice should be melted off by Saturday. Dodged the snow this week.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
KC has some great golf courses and the weather is suppose to improve this weekend. Right now it's downright crap with some of this ice. Suppose to be another round of ice over night and into tomorrow morning. The good thing is all this ice should be melted off by Saturday. Dodged the snow this week.

We'll see. Most likely will try to make a fun weekend out of it regardless of if we're able to get out or not. Leaving Friday afternoon so should be able to waste some time watching the Wild game about halfway through the trip.

Reactions: Wild in KC

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan

Forgot to recap the trip once I got back Sunday night. Was a very successful weekend in KC! We got in 9, 9:30 PM Friday night and went to the hotel. Stayed up in the room with some beers to watch the curling gold medal match at 12:30 AM...sleep finally at about 330 AM lol.

Got up Saturday morning and it was pretty cloudy/foggy...plan was to golf around 1 PM. Went to Boulevard and got a tour at 11:30, sampled a bunch of the beers there. Really cool place. The weather actually got okay around 1PM, only about 44/45 degrees or so but no wind. We played the front 9 at Swope Memorial then got out of there before it started raining. Cool looking course.

After that we headed over to Joe's barbecue at ~2:45 or so...thought we might be able to miss some of the rush, but still ended up waiting about ~30 minutes to order our food :laugh: It was very very good. Made me want to try a bunch of the other things on the menu.

Sunday we teed off at Stone Canyon at about 10:30 AM...played 18. Ended up getting to about 53 and sunny...had a great time! Made us want to come back in the summer to see what the courses look like once they're able to green up. Got back in the car and was back home about 10 PM. Definitely was a successful trip.

Wild in KC

Feb 6, 2016
Forgot to recap the trip once I got back Sunday night. Was a very successful weekend in KC! We got in 9, 9:30 PM Friday night and went to the hotel. Stayed up in the room with some beers to watch the curling gold medal match at 12:30 AM...sleep finally at about 330 AM lol.

Got up Saturday morning and it was pretty cloudy/foggy...plan was to golf around 1 PM. Went to Boulevard and got a tour at 11:30, sampled a bunch of the beers there. Really cool place. The weather actually got okay around 1PM, only about 44/45 degrees or so but no wind. We played the front 9 at Swope Memorial then got out of there before it started raining. Cool looking course.

After that we headed over to Joe's barbecue at ~2:45 or so...thought we might be able to miss some of the rush, but still ended up waiting about ~30 minutes to order our food :laugh: It was very very good. Made me want to try a bunch of the other things on the menu.

Sunday we teed off at Stone Canyon at about 10:30 AM...played 18. Ended up getting to about 53 and sunny...had a great time! Made us want to come back in the summer to see what the courses look like once they're able to green up. Got back in the car and was back home about 10 PM. Definitely was a successful trip.

Glad you had a great time and the weather was cooperative for you. Swope Memorial is a good course. It's just a couple miles to the east of my house. I'll play it at least a couple times every summer. Haven't played Stone Canyon yet, but hear good things. I'm a member over at Indian Hills Country Club over across the state line in Kansas and play quite a bit over in Lawrence, KS at Eagle Bend where my best friend is the course superintendent.

I take it you went to the gas station location for Joe's? There's more than a couple locations across the city, but the original is still pretty good to experience at least one. So many great BBQ choices in KC. The competition is such that you can't find a bad joint.

The drive down from Minnesota isn't too bad since it's just I-35. Not a glamorous drive, but better than the one I drive up I-29 to see my son play ball up in North Dakota.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yep we were at the gas station one...line when we got there was just barely out the front door. Seems like a lot of good courses in the area. Driving around Saturday afternoon we ended up in an extremely nice area...looked up the map on my phone and saw we were next to Mission Hills and Kansas City Country Club.

Wild in KC

Feb 6, 2016
Yep we were at the gas station one...line when we got there was just barely out the front door. Seems like a lot of good courses in the area. Driving around Saturday afternoon we ended up in an extremely nice area...looked up the map on my phone and saw we were next to Mission Hills and Kansas City Country Club.

I live in the Brookside neighborhood just across state line from Mission Hills. Kansas City Country Club (Tom Watson use to be a member here for decades) is just right next to Indian Hills Country Club. There's like three courses right there in the Mission Hills area southwest of the Country Club Plaza.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad