StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Name: Kenny

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Seattle Whateverdumbnametheypick

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Rags, Habs

Favorite Player(s): Couts, Ghost, G, CARTER FREAKIN HART

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, James Neal, Captain Intangibles himself Jonathan Toews

Position (if you play): Spectator, Screamer, and Beer Drinker

Flyers fan since: I became a casual fan in 97. Growing up in Washington without a team I mostly just watched whatever few NHL games were available. The 97 Flyers was the first time i can remember pulling for a specific team. In 2006 I ended up moving to Bucks County, and it didn't take long to be converted from casual fan to full blown addict. Moved back to Washington in 2015, and am eagerly awaiting our very own NHL team finally. I can't wait for the booze fueled fist fights with myself when the Flyers come to town. By the way I've been attending Everett Silvertip games since they were founded and I have never seen anything like what Carter Hart is doing here. Completely insane. Can't wait to see him in orange & black.​

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
Geez, don't know how I overlooked this thread.

I'm from South Philly. Favorite teams: Italian National Soccer Team, Flyers, Raiders, Inter Milan, Yankees, Duke basketball, AS Roma, Napoli, Phillies, Sixers, Penn State football.

I am a true cigar aficionado having smoked well over 1,000 different brands of cigars from every cigar producing country on earth.

I'm also an Italophile meaning I love all things Italy.

I'm also into food, liquors and beer and possess an extraordinary palate.

I love being here with all of you.

Reactions: Foggy14 and Jray42

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005

I'm from South Philly. Favorite teams: Italian National Soccer Team, Flyers, Raiders, Inter Milan, Yankees, Duke basketball, AS Roma, Napoli, Phillies, Sixers, Penn State football.

I am a true cigar aficionado having smoked well over 1,000 different brands of cigars from every cigar producing country on earth.

Can you name me a couple good robust Italian reds? I like thick wines, like peasant wine.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia

I want to visit Italy so bad, I really regret not studying abroad in Rome when I had the chance last year. Go Roma!

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
Can you name me a couple good robust Italian reds? I like thick wines, like peasant wine.
Sure but they're not necessarily going to be peasant wines. The first I would recommend is a good Amarone. Moore Brothers in Pennsauken sells a great one from Ca La Bionda.

The second I would recommend is a Montepulciano D'Abruzzo.

Reactions: Foggy14 and JXC

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
I want to visit Italy so bad, I really regret not studying abroad in Rome when I had the chance last year. Go Roma!
Italy is exceptional among the exceptional. I've traveled all over the world and for me, nothing and no one comes close to Italia.

It's like the very best in life rolled into one spot. You can literally spend a lifetime wandering the streets of Rome and never fully see and comprehend it all.

I'll never forget the first time I landed in Rome. I kissed the ground when I got off the plane. Then had the most amazing Cappuccino I ever had in my life to that point in the airport!

SydneyPhilly

Mar 6, 2018
Sydney
Name: Ethan

Fav Players: Ghost, NP, Provy, TK, G

Only a recent convert to NHL. Friends that moved to Canada for a while got us all into in. Some are Canucks fans, a couple others are Rangers. Tried watching both but had no attraction to either. Been an Eagles and Sixers fan for 20 years, so decided to try watching the Flyers and they just worked. Philly sports is just meant to be for me. Have been to WFC for a couple of Sixers games. Will need to catch a Flyers game next time I can get over (and a game at the Linc)

Been lurking around these boards for a few months. Might as well post my anger at Filppula, Farmer, Manning etc instead of yelling at my computer :mad:.

Luckily Flyers games are closer to Sixers game times than Eagles. Getting up at 3-5am Monday mornings kill me during NFL season.

YamCork

Dec 11, 2017
Australia
Name: Ethan

Fav Players: Ghost, NP, Provy, TK, G

Only a recent convert to NHL. Friends that moved to Canada for a while got us all into in. Some are Canucks fans, a couple others are Rangers. Tried watching both but had no attraction to either. Been an Eagles and Sixers fan for 20 years, so decided to try watching the Flyers and they just worked. Philly sports is just meant to be for me. Have been to WFC for a couple of Sixers games. Will need to catch a Flyers game next time I can get over (and a game at the Linc)

Been lurking around these boards for a few months. Might as well post my anger at Filppula, Farmer, Manning etc instead of yelling at my computer :mad:.

Luckily Flyers games are closer to Sixers game times than Eagles. Getting up at 3-5am Monday mornings kill me during NFL season.

Welcome aboard mate.

Good to have another Aussie Flyers fan on the site!

:cheers:

DaphneLion

Apr 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
Hi, all!

Name: Daphne

Favorite players: Gsus, Moose, St. Patrick

Favorite teams: Flyers and the Union

Glad to be in contact with more Flyers fans because no one in my family likes hockey. I'm a fairly new fan (started watching games last October), so forgive me if I don't know something.

f*** the Pens!

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Hi, all!

Glad to be in contact with more Flyers fans because no one in my family likes hockey. I'm a fairly new fan (started watching games last October), so forgive me if I don't know something.

**** the Pens!

:welcome:

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Hi, all!

**** the Pens!
Welcome! You'll fit right in, f*** the pens! Daphne is a cool name btw

Sorry to hear you're a Union fan like me, we both like mediocrity apparently.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Hi, all!

**** the Pens!

Welcome! Hope you're ready for the crazy playoff series we're about to have. You'll fit in just fine :).

amj h

Apr 11, 2018
Good dayz and a jolly good show. Speaking from Blighty. Bit of rugger anyone.

Nah just kidding.

Like any good human I love the Flyers.

Favourite players are Giroux and Coots.

I don't like Malkin.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Bencosy

Jun 22, 2018
Philly
Name: Vince

Favorite team(s): Flyers, Eagles, Villanova Wildcats, FC Barca, Juventus

Most hated teams: Pittsburgh Penguins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Dallas Cowboys

Most hated players: Darcy Tucker, Matt Cooke, Dale Hunter

Flyers fan since: 1987

Grew up in Center City Philadelphia. Currently live in South Philly. Besides being a hardcore Flyers fan, I am a Villanova alum ('97) and long-time Eagles' fan ... so you can say 2018 has been a pretty good year for me. Really want to see the Flyers win a Cup next!

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Name: Vince

Favorite team(s): Flyers, Eagles, Villanova Wildcats, FC Barca, Juventus

Most hated teams: Pittsburgh Penguins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Dallas Cowboys

Most hated players: Darcy Tucker, Matt Cooke, Dale Hunter

Flyers fan since: 1987

Grew up in Center City Philadelphia. Currently live in South Philly. Besides being a hardcore Flyers fan, I am a Villanova alum ('97) and long-time Eagles' fan ... so you can say 2018 has been a pretty good year for me. Really want to see the Flyers win a Cup next!

:welcome:

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016

Favourite team: Flyers

Most hated: (In order). Devils, Leafs, Penguins, Rangers.

Fan since: Approx '04.

From the land of Hockeybuzz, and the old ESPN boards, curious what this is all about.

Welcome to the board we have a great group of guys and gals here :thumbu:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Should I do this? I'll do this.

Teams: Flyers, Phils, Eagles, Sixers
Players: G, Provorov, (met him at this past carnival), Wentz, Embiid (and Big Dick Nick too f*** it)
Most Hated: Rangers, GS Warriors, Penguins, Rangers, Giants, Cowboys, Leafs, Rangers, Habs, Rangers, Devils
Fan since before the primordial era; before nothing and everything, before light and dark, before the Turtle of Life blessed us with this flat earth
Occupation Mr. Fletch?: I'm a shepherd (actually a pharmacist)

I too hail from the land of Hockeybuzz, been there since 2011. I understand it's much less of a cesspool here. I like music a lot, almost as much as hockey. I listen to everything but country, favorite being classic rock and the Beatles. Self taught drummer for my whole life, and piano since 2011. Played the viola since '02. I like pitbulls, food, scotch, bourbon, and beer. And magua.

Last edited:

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
Hey everyone, long term lurker, first time poster.

Teams: Philadelphia Flyers
Current Players: Giroux, Lundqvist, Gosthisbere, Matthew Tkachuk, Brad "The Nose" Marchand, Ovechkin, Simmonds
Former Players: Kimmo Timonen, Mike Knuble, Jeremy Roenick, Keith Tkachuk, Sergei Zubov, Non-washed up Hartnell, Eric Desjardins, Khabibulin, Tomas Holmstrom
Most Hated: Pittsburgh Penguins (Bandwagon fans), Toronto Maple Leafs (fans all drink the same kool-aid), Ottawa Senators, Chicago Blackhawks (Bandwagon fans, yet to meet a Hawks fan who knew the captain before Toews, Adrian Aucoin)
Fan Since: Jeremy Roenick signed with the Flyers back in 2001.
Fun Fact: My brother drove me and him off a 30 foot cliff in Judique, Cape Breton in January of 2017. Hometown of Andy MacDonald.
NHL Players Met: Max Talbot, Brad Richards
Origin: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Position of Choice: Left wing (shoots right)

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Hey everyone, long term lurker, first time poster.

Teams: Philadelphia Flyers
Current Players: Giroux, Lundqvist, Gosthisbere, Matthew Tkachuk, Brad "The Nose" Marchand, Ovechkin, Simmonds
Former Players: Kimmo Timonen, Mike Knuble, Jeremy Roenick, Keith Tkachuk, Sergei Zubov, Non-washed up Hartnell, Eric Desjardins, Khabibulin, Tomas Holmstrom
Most Hated: Pittsburgh Penguins (Bandwagon fans), Toronto Maple Leafs (fans all drink the same kool-aid), Ottawa Senators, Chicago Blackhawks (Bandwagon fans, yet to meet a Hawks fan who knew the captain before Toews, Adrian Aucoin)
Fan Since: Jeremy Roenick signed with the Flyers back in 2001.
Fun Fact: My brother drove me and him off a 30 foot cliff in Judique, Cape Breton in January of 2017. Hometown of Andy MacDonald.
NHL Players Met: Max Talbot, Brad Richards
Origin: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Position of Choice: Left wing (shoots right)

Welcome to the gang

Chris OKeeffe

Jul 21, 2018
Rotherham, Yorkshire, GB.
Hello everyone!

I'm Chris, 30 years old from Rotherham, Yorkshire in England.

I'm a season ticket holder at Sheffield Steelers of the EIHL in Great Britain. We share the love of orange jerseys, hence my liking for the Philadelphia Flyers.

I will shortly be posting in desperation hoping there are any Flyers fans in New York who travel to Philly for games regularly as me and my wife will be in NYC in December when the Flyers play and we'd love to see a game live but transport is proving difficult as we arrive on matchday in Newark at 2pm with the game at 7pm.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Hello everyone!

I'm Chris, 30 years old from Rotherham, Yorkshire in England.

I'm a season ticket holder at Sheffield Steelers of the EIHL in Great Britain. We share the love of orange jerseys, hence my liking for the Philadelphia Flyers.

I will shortly be posting in desperation hoping there are any Flyers fans in New York who travel to Philly for games regularly as me and my wife will be in NYC in December when the Flyers play and we'd love to see a game live but transport is proving difficult as we arrive on matchday in Newark at 2pm with the game at 7pm.

You can likely catch a train on LIRR from Penn Station, get to trenton then transfer to Septa/Amtrak (i forget) to 30th street station or AT&T station on Broad/Pattison.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->