Introduction Thread II

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

Favorite Team(s): Oilers, Leafs .. Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): CBJ, Ducks, Sens, Flames, Tampa, Arizona.

Favorite Player(s): McDavid, Provorov, Kadri, Draisatl, Konecny, Marner. Back in the days it was Lindros.

Most Hated Player(s): I dislike Kessler, Stone, Bieksa, Tkachuk.

Flyers fan since: since I discovered the sport (early 90's) through TeamCanada, my favourite player played for the Flyers. I couldn't watch the NHL games though. Since last season I watch the NHL games on a regular basis. After the Oilers, I really enjoy watching the Flyers and Leafs. I intend to visit Philadelphia this season to catch a game.

You poor, poor soul.

rufstuf13

Aug 30, 2016

Favorite Team(s): Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Devils, NYR, TML

Favorite Player(s) All time: Lindros

Favorite- Konecny, Provorov

Hated Player(s): Crosby

Position (if you play): None.

Flyers fan since: Hextall jumped Chelios in the first Flyers broadcast I ever saw after moving to Philly in the late 80s.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Hi, gang!

I'm a long-time Flyers fan who's participated in other boards over the years. Last season, I started reading this one and have been impressed by the knowledge and commitment of the members here.

I grew up in Philly, where I learned to play hockey and love the boys in orange and black. Even though I went to college out of state, and have been living in Southern California for over 30 years, I've never lost my enthusiasm for hockey, or the Flyers.

Hopefully, you won't mind me hanging out here this season.

Let's go Flyers! :)

Reactions: mmvvpp

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hi, gang!

I'm a long-time Flyers fan who's participated in other boards over the years. Last season, I started reading this one and have been impressed by the knowledge and commitment of the members here.

I grew up in Philly, where I learned to play hockey and love the boys in orange and black. Even though I went to college out of state, and have been living in Southern California for over 30 years, I've never lost my enthusiasm for hockey, or the Flyers.

Hopefully, you won't mind me hanging out here this season.

Let's go Flyers! :)

Welcome Foggster :yo:

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Re-Introduction Thread?

Name: Tim

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Stars

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Blackhawks, Rangers, Ducks

Favorite Player(s): Wayne Simmonds, Sean Couturier, Radko Gudas, Scott Hartnell

Most Hated Player(s): Sidney Crosby, Patrick Kane,

Position (if you play): Right wing. Badly.

Flyers fan since: Tocchet and Hextall were still playing, although I took a decade break from sports after the fall of Lindros

I started getting back into following hockey once my brother got the Center Ice package and we'd spend Saturday nights watching games, getting liquored up and having fun with the family. Hopefully our teams start getting it together in so we can blow off his dual goal horns and yell loud enough to scare the crap out of anyone upstairs!

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Name: Jeremy

Favorite teams: Flyers (NHL), Bears (AHL). Because of the latter, I unfortunately have a soft spot for the Caps, too.

Most hated teams: Pens, Rangers, Devils, Baby Pens.

Favorite players: Simmonds, Ghost, Provy, Konecny, Hartnell, Gagne, Knuble, Carter, Niitty. Non Flyers: Peter Budaj

Most hated players: Crosby, Malkin, Avery (I know he's retired), Bobby Farnham

Flyers fan since: 2005. I followed the Phantoms' Cup run that year after the Bears missed the playoffs and subsequently started to follow the Flyers that fall.

I've been lurking here on a near daily basis since at least 2011. I usually read along with the GDTs as I watch the games, so I feel like I have a very good grasp on who everyone is around here, haha. I don't know many people who like the Flyers, let alone hockey. With the season just around the corner, I'm pretty excited to finally have an account here and I hope to become at least a semi-regular contributor here!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Aside from Wilson I think it's pretty easy to have a soft spot for the Caps.

What a tragic team to follow primarily though.
Yeah, they're definitely far from the biggest evil in the Metro. Their fans can be weird, though. I have a few Caps fan friends that have this vitriolic hatred for the Flyers as a whole for seemingly no other reason than Ray Emery back in 2013 :laugh:

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
Name: Joni

Favorite Team(s): Flyers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hawks,sharks

Most Hated Team(s): Canucks, Red Wings, Rangers, Bruins and Devils

Favorite Player(s): Giroux, Kane, Ghost, Burns, Laine, Mcdavid, Saros
Alltime: Selanne, S.Koivu, Kariya, Pronger, Timonen, Hasek, Sakic

Most Hated Player(s): Doan, Sedin's, Neal, Marchand, D.Clarkson, Chimera, Abdelkader and like 15 more

Position (if you play): LW when i played

Flyers fan since: '09

Although from finland i have watched almost every flyers game since '11 and gonna continue to do that, living my life at nights!

andy86

Nov 24, 2007
Coventry, England
Name: Andrew

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, also Coventry Blaze (UK)

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Rangers

Favorite Player(s): Giroux, Gagne, Kim Johnsson,

Most Hated Player(s): Everyone on the Penguins team around 2012.. :laugh:

Position (if you play): Left Wing, playing rec hockey in the UK.

Flyers fan since: 2002, due to a friend who already followed the Flyers.

Reactions: mmvvpp

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Name: Tyler

Favorite Team(s): Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins

Favorite Player(s): Simmonds

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby

Position (if you play): Don't play anymore

Flyers fan since: 1997

Welcome Tyler feel free to join in the madness