TSN Radio: Interview with Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff ahead of holiday roster freeze

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff was chatting with Kevin O and Trevor Kidd ahead of the Jets/Kings game.

Topics: Reflections on the Jets/Lightning game. On the start the Jets have gotten off to this season. Has his patience changed with the Jets sitting at the top of the standings? How would he assess the team’s play so far this season? On the trip to Finland and how the team came together. How closely is he in contact with Kristian Vesalainen? Does he have an influence/does he advise him about the decision not going to the World Junior’s? How has player development changed? How impressed was he by the New York area road trip? How much more difficult is his job with all this organizational depth? Are the Jets a potential target to have a player receive an offer sheet? Is there an urgency to get the RFAs signed so they are at your numbers not someone else’s? How much does the Nylander situation impact the Jets? Is this week (ahead of the roster freeze) any busier than normal? What did he learn from last year’s trade deadline experience? On the impact that Laurent Brossoit has made on the organization. On the play of Connor Hellebuyck. What is he expecting tonight from the Kings?

To listen click here.

Reactions: Guardian17

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I described someone. While rare on this board, it can be done without using emotion.

That's good to know. After all, we wouldn't want Bones to misconstrue your words as a sign that your blood isn't as green as originally thought. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Spock

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
One day KC will tell us something that we didn’t already know that is important to the team. Until then I see no reason to have a positive reaction to his interviews, y’know.

Last edited:

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I can wait for this interview to be cut up and edited and be played for 15 minute blocks or in it's entirety on the morning show, afternoon, drive home and pregame shows!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
One thing I have learned from Chevy after listening to him for 8 years now is the art of "answering" questions without actually answering them. I use tactics that I learned from Chevy to great affect almost every week such as when Jevoha's Witnesses approach me on the street to pitch their religion, when my neighbor is asking me when I will be free to help install the new lights in her apartment or when my mom calls me to ask why I haven't called her in a long time. ;)

I forget how good he is at that until he does an interview once every few months and am instantly reminded of it within 5 mins of listening to interview.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad