Interview with Andrei Mironov

EurolancheDavid

Do you think every season you play in the KHL makes you a better player?

I work hard every day and it’s not for me to say if I’m better with every year or not. Only the coach can say that.

I read an old interview from 2013, in which you said you didn’t feel you were ready for the NHL yet. Has it changed?

I’ve never played in the NHL, but I think I’m ready to give it a try.

What was your reaction when the Avs drafted you?

I was glad, but nothing changed for me. I woke up the same before draft, as I did after the draft. Of course, every player dreams of playing in the NHL. It was really nice that they chose to draft me.

Do you follow the results of Avalanche games?

I know what’s happening over there.

Do you know any players from the team?

Yes, I know the Russian playing for the Avalanche. I played with them.

Full interview about his plans for the next season and more: http://www.eurolanche.com/article.php?id=9107

There are also more his pics from last game and one video message for you all.

andrei_mironov_bratislava_001.jpg

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Cannot wait. He may top out at a lower pairing defender in the NHL but he is going to **** people off...cannot wait for the HFBoards reactions when he starts laying into opponents. He's going to be hated...and I'm going to love it.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Cannot wait. He may top out at a lower pairing defender in the NHL but he is going to **** people off...cannot wait for the HFBoards reactions when he starts laying into opponents. He's going to be hated...and I'm going to love it.

With him and Z throwing hits like they do, we will be hated forsure haha.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I've wanted to see this kid come over since the day the Avs drafted him. Hopefully he'll turn out to be a pleasant surprise for our D corps.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

He sounds like a Russian left handed (but plays right side) Radko Gudas lol.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
This guy along with Zadorov becoming more of a consistent 2nd pairing dman, EJ/Barrie being healthy and their selves, Bigras being at worse a 3rd pairing, and possibly a dman acquired by trading Duchene gives me some hope that next year's blueline MIGHT be good enough to get this team some respectability. It's completely dependant on whether or not Bednar is here or a competent coach though.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Next year should be entertaining as long as this guy is as physical as he seems to be coming from the KHL.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He still stopped short of saying for sure that he was coming over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad