Internet question for those in Colorado.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
So i just bought a house in Pueblo, Co and i had some questions regarding the internet scene. So i signed up with Xfinity and got the 1GB down and 35MB up package which i guess is the highest upload speed package they offer. I play PS4 online multiplayer games such as COD, RDR2 and other games and i was wondering if 35Mb upload will pose an issue? The house i bought is 117 years old and from what i can tell has a coax cable from the street to the house and not the CAT 5 drop i'm accustomed to at my house in DFW. I may pay to have a CAT 5 drop put into the house but not sure what else needs to be modified to accommodate that? Also i will be working from home when i'm up there and will be going through my work VPN and have video conferencing needs as well has taking inbound calls from our customers. So i know my download speed will be fine but my concern is upload. Any input would be appreciated.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
You should be fine. My upload speed is typically around 20 Mbps and I've never had any issues playing PS4 games or teleconferencing for work over wifi. Your upload speed likely won't stay at 35 Mbps and will fluctuate both over and under at times since that's what I've seen happen to my upload speed since forever. Just make sure you have a good router, as you can bottleneck yourself if you don't get the Xfinity router and don't get a high-end third-party alternative.

Ultimately, you can put all of these worries to rest if you add CAT 5 connection to your house, but if you're looking to stay on wifi you should be fine. There have been some random drops in my area since March, but those have died down recently. With you being on Pueblo, though, I doubt you would've experienced them in the first place.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
So i just bought a house in Pueblo, Co and i had some questions regarding the internet scene. So i signed up with Xfinity and got the 1GB down and 35MB up package which i guess is the highest upload speed package they offer. I play PS4 online multiplayer games such as COD, RDR2 and other games and i was wondering if 35Mb upload will pose an issue? The house i bought is 117 years old and from what i can tell has a coax cable from the street to the house and not the CAT 5 drop i'm accustomed to at my house in DFW. I may pay to have a CAT 5 drop put into the house but not sure what else needs to be modified to accommodate that? Also i will be working from home when i'm up there and will be going through my work VPN and have video conferencing needs as well has taking inbound calls from our customers. So i know my download speed will be fine but my concern is upload. Any input would be appreciated.
35 mb up is more than enough. Typically 1 mb up is what you want to aim for. Also, this is just in general.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
35 mb up is more than enough. Typically 1 mb up is what you want to aim for. Also, this is just in general.
I guess im just spoiled in North Texas where i pay for 500/500 but in reality get 150 MB upload. 35MB seems low to me for a state like Colorado but after doing some research upload speeds throughout Colorado is not really faster than 35MB. I figured with Google's footprint out there that internet providers would be scrambling to offer a somewhat competitive speed to their fiber.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I guess im just spoiled in North Texas where i pay for 500/500 but in reality get 150 MB upload. 35MB seems low to me for a state like Colorado but after doing some research upload speeds throughout Colorado is not really faster than 35MB. I figured with Google's footprint out there that internet providers would be scrambling to offer a somewhat competitive speed to their fiber.
Ya I would kill for 500/500 lol

Reactions: BeastMode

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad