OT: Internet Providers who are not Rogers and Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Distributel for $40 something. Wish upload was better but other than that it's been great.

i keep hearing good things about distributel. i might switch to them.
i have a piece of crap cimputer, so i dont know if it plays a role on how fast this goes. but not impressed with videotron (for what i pay)

(i dont know why the server says longueuil when im montreal)

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Turns out I might have to go with Rogers or Bell after all - I was going to use my rabbit ears for TV (I was getting 15 channels, 14 of them in HD), but at the new place - ground-floor apartment on Richmond between Bayshore and Pinecrest) I receive precisely zero channels. So if I want any teevee at all, I'm gonna have to pay for it, and I might as well bundle it with my internet. Not pleased about that at all.

Skrymir

Jul 7, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Turns out I might have to go with Rogers or Bell after all - I was going to use my rabbit ears for TV (I was getting 15 channels, 14 of them in HD), but at the new place - ground-floor apartment on Richmond between Bayshore and Pinecrest) I receive precisely zero channels. So if I want any teevee at all, I'm gonna have to pay for it, and I might as well bundle it with my internet. Not pleased about that at all.
Can you set up an out door antenna?

http://www.otacanada.com/cgi-bin/ota_packages.pl

I use a 4-Bay Channel Master antenna in my backyard and have had great success getting channels, when Rabbit ears have not worked.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Carrytel usually has some pretty good deals.

Best place to check out would be redflagdeals though.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm probably the only person here who loves Roger's. Sure it's a pain the ass calling to get a new a promo every year or two but bell only offer 100mbs in my area where I am getting 1000mbs with Roger's. I have the second best cable package (popular) with home phone since my mom has her own business and I only pay 109.99$ I also own my cable box so that saves me 10$

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Yeah, this was an old thread... So, how does my ping 4 ms, upload and download both a bit over 28 Mpbs fare today? It's the cooperatives included ISP- they (Telenor) sometimes try nagging me to pay them money for something better... Now, I say no, cause it's enough for me. But I get curious. (This is with Telenor, Norway, so not so relevant for you in North-America- really. Sorry. :))

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Necroo bumpppp

I gotta go find a Cheechoo thread to resurrect.

On topic, I use start.ca . Uses Cogeco's infrastructure. No haggling over "discounts" every 12 months. Just lowest price, all the time.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I know Rogers is pretty hated, but they deliver, IMO.

We got a student deal for $35 plus tax, no cancellation fees and a free modem rental. Advertised as unlimited usage and 500mb download speed. The wifi will clock in at 300-400mb, and wired I get over 600mb. I just updated Fortnite today and the 8gb download probably took 2-3 mins.

Edit: It was through a sales rep, though. Super helpful guy when we ran into problems. Even sent out a tech within a couple of days who was also excellent

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Yeah, some of those speedtests made me sad. Then I saw they were from 6 years ago...

I'm paying Videotron $100/month incl tax, I get TMN/HBO and 15 other HD channels (no sports channels right now), and here's my internet (wifi, through a 2015 Airport Extreme).

7707177144.png

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Tak Savvy @ 32.95/month 500gb download cap/month

Been with them for like 10 years. I laugh at the cost some people pay with rogers or bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->