Internet Neutrality and the Poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I am absolutely outraged that the FCC made this vote today to make the internet something that is basically a commodity that can now be controlled by a few multi-billionaire corporate price fixing corporations but literally not even surprised in the least that this Republican government is doing this to literally screw over the poor people in this country, so I am hoping and praying as well also that the Democrats can find a way to sneak some sort of bill into a bunch of other laws getting past so they can create a sort of welfare program to make sure poor people in this country are able to afford some sort of internet even if it is just dial-up internet, because without the net these days how are people supposed to even get a job if they really want to work, or manage the little money they might have with their online-banking apps, or get organized in their community that the Republicans literally give ZERO ****s about anyways? We really need this to be reformed and reformed quickly before only rich people get to go to blogs and find the good deals on things and just keep getting richer while the poor people in this country have no way to Youtube and get inspired to better themselves.

Reactions: Jiminy Cricket

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
upload_2017-12-14_15-16-7.png

Reactions: Bozle

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Not falling for it
No seriously, not even joking or trying to set you up with fake news or a bad link or anything like that. This actually happened today:

F.C.C. Repeals Net Neutrality Rules

This is a link to a NEW YORK TIMES article, and it is absolutely credible but if you think this is "trolling" just go ahead and google it yourself for your own information and links to many news outlets or turn on NPR I am sure that they are discussing this probably within 15 minutes of you "tuning-in" I am 100% being serious right now!

Sep 19, 2008
I am absolutely outraged that the FCC made this vote today to make the internet something that is basically a commodity that can now be controlled by a few multi-billionaire corporate price fixing corporations but literally not even surprised in the least that this Republican government is doing this to literally screw over the poor people in this country, so I am hoping and praying as well also that the Democrats can find a way to sneak some sort of bill into a bunch of other laws getting past so they can create a sort of welfare program to make sure poor people in this country are able to afford some sort of internet even if it is just dial-up internet, because without the net these days how are people supposed to even get a job if they really want to work, or manage the little money they might have with their online-banking apps, or get organized in their community that the Republicans literally give ZERO **s about anyways? We really need this to be reformed and reformed quickly before only rich people get to go to blogs and find the good deals on things and just keep getting richer while the poor people in this country have no way to Youtube and get inspired to better themselves.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
AT&T, Comcast, Tmobile, Sprint, Verison... etc...

Whatever financial gain they can get by selling internet fast lanes, selling censorship, etc.... wouldn't that ALL be massively overwhelmed if 1 single company promised their customers to simply remain status quo and keep their services Net Neutral, and market themselves as such?

Wouldn't the millions of people up in arms over NN reversal flock to that one company promising NN/status quo??

Wouldn't that mean billions in additional revenue for them?

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Pai is a prick and will get his coming.

This sucks, but we will recover.

Until then, I'll just pay the $300/mo it will probably cost to watch the p0rn, youtube, netflix, and all the VPN stuff I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad