Intermediate/Senior shafts?

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by Taranis_24, May 2, 2007.

1. Taranis_24

Taranis_24 Registered User

Home Page:
    What is the difference? Length, Flex or combination of both? If length what is the difference? If flex is there that much noticeable difference for pretty much a beginner.

2. sc37

sc37 Registered User

Home Page:
    Flex, length, and girth. The flex depends on the company and the flex they make it as. I've seen 65, 67, 70, 75 so it depends (if you want int. flex but senior dimensions, Bauer makes 77 senior flexes). And if your a beginner....I'd recommend trying some wood sticks to find what flex you want as going from int. to a senior is pretty noticeable and you might not like it. It'll be a few inches shorter, usually like 3-4" but that's not a problem for me personally cause I usually cut normal length sticks that much. And lastly, there's the girth, intermediates feel slightly thinner than a normal senior.

3. Greeneye

Greeneye Registered User

Most intermediates are thinner than seniors, this isnt always the case though. I would think flex would be noticeable to anyone, follow sc37's advice and get a wood stick. if you are playing with friends you can always try out their sticks to see the differences in flex/feel.