Interesting Radulov fact...

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005
No not really. San Jose & Buffalo have guys on their roster that will be lost because of the salary struggle when Marleu and Thornton demand the big bucks and Toskala isn't going to be a bargain any longer.

I agree - salary cap issues will kill the Sharks eventually and probably start the dismantling (to an extent) of Sabres within the the next year as Briere or Drury leaves.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
I was referring to 32+ because I am considering a dynasty to be 3 years+ and by 36-37 years old most players have faded. With Kariya, Arnott and Sullivan in that group it is not a given that they will be adequately replaced. The Sharks, for example, won't need to replace anyone although they will have to find a way to retain the players they have.

I'd argue that names like Kariya, Arnott, Sullivan, and Timonen have the potential to make the Preds an even better team 4 years from now. They make up $15 million in payroll right there. Radulov appears to be in line to replace Kariya next year, and Timonen, considering our D prospects list, is hardly irreplaceable. Who's to say that the money freed up from the loss of those four wouldn't be better spent maintaining the current roster and possibly adding one player from free agency?

I think a less desirable scenario could easily be having all your core ages 24-28 and having to let go of key studs in their prime because you can't possibly afford them (see TB's dilemma).

The Preds are one team that doesn't appear to have salary cap woes at any point in the near future as most of their payroll is tied up a handful of players that are anything but irreplaceable over the long-term. And they have notable replacements waiting in the wings for all but the center position. And with tons of cap space to play with already, they seem to be one of the few top notch teams capable of maintaining their core for a while. If they let a player go anytime soon, it won't be primarily because of cap concerns (see Khabby in TB), it'll be because they think they have someone capable of replacing them at a more affordable rate (see Radulov v. Kariya).

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
8 in 15, moving him into a tie for second on the team in goal scoring.

In more than ten games less than those he's tied with. I wonder if he'll start getting icetime, now...

Well, Sully did leave with an injury.

His shot is so deadly. He's going to look really going in a Kings sweater after Poile trades him for Norstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad