Interesting Info: Part XIX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Anderson enjoying breakout season with Blue Jackets

7 SOG and 17 attempted shots last night.

"From a coach's point of view, as coaches think, imagine if he had a camp. Maybe there's another level," Tortorella said. "There is another level. I think he's going to get there. Maybe he gets there quicker if he was in camp. But he's handled himself well."

Sure, Torts. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lumbus and CPTN71

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
So are you saying the New Jersey Devils performance so far this year earns them an additional 2% butts in seats? SMH.....

Old Guy

Aug 30, 2015
Just read the article. It says that since Russia is banned that Russia might boycott the event.

I'm so effin' old that everything in this world seems upside down to me. The fact a nation might boycott an event they are banned from makes no sense to me at all. This means that it must be perfect logical and make total sense to everyone else in the world today.

Reactions: akmuo33 and Byrral

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Just read the article. It says that since Russia is banned that Russia might boycott the event.

I'm so effin' old that everything in this world seems upside down to me. The fact a nation might boycott an event they are banned from makes no sense to me at all. This means that it must be perfect logical and make total sense to everyone else in the world today.
It's the old "you can't fire me, I'm quitting" or the new "He doesn't want to come to the White House, well he isn't invited!"

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Kovalchuk who tried to play in NHL this season but didn't get any decent offer, now screaming louder than anyone, "They stole our flag, but they can't steal our honor and homeland!!!" *fist in the chest :) PutinTeam my ass.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Jarmo has been a draft wizard and has pulled off some incredible trades that seem to come out of nowhere. (The Hartnell for Umberger trade comes to mind). Now, I am an avid Jarmo supporter but how bad was this trade?

Watching John Moore play tonight it got me thinking.. yikes. Gabby played 34 total games for us. I remember being so so so stoked for this trade when it was announced.

Then the follow up trade...

• 2014-Mar-05 Traded from Columbus Blue Jackets to Los Angeles Kings for Matt Frattin, round 3 pick in the 2014 draft (Dominic Turgeon) and round 2 pick in the 2015 draft (Travis Dermott)

Lol. Brutal considering that Frattin played 4 total games in his career with the CBJ following that trade and Turgeon/Dermott were never prospects in our organization.. although Jarmo did turn the Turgeon draft pick into Elvis and the Dermott draft pick into Carlsson.. so props for that.

Last edited:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Jarmo has been a draft wizard and has pulled off some incredible trades that seem to come out of nowhere. (The Hartnell for Umberger trade comes to mind). Now, I am an avid Jarmo supporter but how bad was this trade?

Watching John Moore play tonight it got me thinking.. yikes. Gabby played 34 total games for us. I remember being so so so stoked for this trade when it was announced.

This is why I'm OK with that trade. Seemed great to me (and most other fans) at the time. Sometimes things just don't work out.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
We were too quick to "give up" on Brassard IMO. Can you imagine Wennberg showing a glimpse of this...

Or this. This shows the difference between a guy who can shoot and pass and a guy who can just pass.

The trade was definitely a coin flip at the time, and the 2nd trade made it worse, but the main problem with the whole 'Gaborik Saga' wasn't necessarily the brutal return on the 2nd trade, but actually the timing. We traded him while we were fighting for a playoff spot and actually made it. That was the main reason we acquired him in the 1st place, and we should have just finished out the season with him instead of sending him off for Matt Frattin. That's about as close to "dumping" a valuable/potentially valuable piece as you can get. Like Johansen, who really knows what happened behind the scenes though. It could have been a "quieter" Carter situation.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
This is probably interesting to somebody.

Molleken, Caps' Gm Go At It

The National Hockey League said Sunday it was investigating a bizarre physical altercation that occurred late Saturday night in the aftermath of the Blackhawks' loss to Washington in Columbus, Ohio.
Following a game that featured five fights and 32 penalties totaling 113 minutes, Washington General Manager George McPhee allegedly confronted Hawks coach Lorne Molleken, and the incident turned physical.
pixel.gif
According to people who witnessed the incident or its direct aftermath, all of whom asked to remain anonymous citing the league investigation, McPhee punched Molleken in the eye. Molleken, who said he could not comment on the situation, sported a black left eye Sunday.
The Washington Post reported that, after the punch, several Hawks players joined the melee and that McPhee emerged from the scuffle with a cut on his face and one sleeve of his suit torn off.
"This matter is under investigation," said Frank Brown, the league's vice president of media relations. "No announcement will be made until our investigation is complete.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

This helps us keep Bob and potentially Panarin

We're never going to lose those guys because of cap issues. Lots of others to buyout, trade or let walk if cap becomes an issue with them. Now if they want crazy money that's a different story - still not a cap issue in and of itself - just a case of not overpaying.

However if cap went to 82 mill, Tavares 7 yrs at 12 mill?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We're never going to lose those guys because of cap issues. Lots of others to buyout, trade or let walk if cap becomes an issue with them. Now if they want crazy money that's a different story - still not a cap issue in and of itself - just a case of not overpaying.

However if cap went to 82 mill, Tavares 7 yrs at 12 mill?

Tavares isn't coming here

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
We were too quick to "give up" on Brassard IMO. Can you imagine Wennberg showing a glimpse of this...

Or this. This shows the difference between a guy who can shoot and pass and a guy who can just pass.

The trade was definitely a coin flip at the time, and the 2nd trade made it worse, but the main problem with the whole 'Gaborik Saga' wasn't necessarily the brutal return on the 2nd trade, but actually the timing. We traded him while we were fighting for a playoff spot and actually made it. That was the main reason we acquired him in the 1st place, and we should have just finished out the season with him instead of sending him off for Matt Frattin. That's about as close to "dumping" a valuable/potentially valuable piece as you can get. Like Johansen, who really knows what happened behind the scenes though. It could have been a "quieter" Carter situation.

Brass f***ed up his shoulder fighting Neal and was out for the season. Standing up for Toots was great but honestly this wasn’t his smartest decision.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

That seems like a bit of revisionist history. Prior to the Neal fight, Brassard was Columbus's first NHL Rookie of the Month. He was off to a hot start averaging ~ 1 PPG. Then he fought Neal. He not only missed the rest of the season, he never regained the offensive game he showed up to that point. He was trending as a #1 C then he made a bad decision. That job belonged to Boll or Dorsett.

Reactions: Socks and Viqsi

Old Guy

Aug 30, 2015
On December 5th, Jason McCabe of the Buffalo Sabers scored a goal. That now gives the entire defensive core of the Sabers a grand total of 1 goal for the entire season.

Amazing.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
On December 5th, Jason McCabe of the Buffalo Sabers scored a goal. That now gives the entire defensive core of the Sabers a grand total of 1 goal for the entire season.

Amazing.
All the more impressive as it was scored by a blueliner who doesn't exist. ;)
(It's Jake, not Jason)

Old Guy

Aug 30, 2015
Old Guy drivel;

1. If I was Rick Toccet I would have pulled my goalie at 2:53 remaining, when the 4 minute penalty began. Shocked he waited an additional 2 minutes to do that.
2. If I was a Yotes fan, I would be pissed. Shut out against Boston. Shut out against Columbus. Jeeze.
3. You send Milano back to Cleveland because you don’t want him playing 4th line minutes. 6 days later you recall him so he can........wait for it........play on the 4th line. SMH.
4. “Call for Bjorkstrand”. “Oliver Bjorkstrand”..”Paging Bjorkstrand”. ..............”okay......since nobody has seen him go ahead and file a Missing Person Report”. “Send the authorities to search his home and notify the local LEO’s to put an APB out on his vehicle”, “while you are at it, might as well see if his credit cards or cell phone has any trace of activity”
5. Yea, I know the power play sucks. But the penalty kill has been so damn good it’s almost like being able to score a power play goal. If they ever started both working together like the PK is currently working........woof!
6. Why is Matt Calvert so dangerous short handed? It’s gotta be attitude. If it was skill he’d be a top 6 forward in this league.
7. Did you see the Boone Jenner fan interviewed last night in-game? Did anybody else think the reason he was so happy/excited was because of that beer in his hand? I got a fiver that says that was not his first of the evening.
8. Josh Anderson’s next contract will be a monster. Increased cap + his production = wowzers.
9. Clayton Keller is leading the Calder discussion. Does anybody else think PLD deserves a mention?
10. If Junior can come and drop the ceremonial 1st puck because of his tie in with Nationwide, it shouldn’t be long before Peyton stops by and does likewise. PLD can loan him an #18 jersey.
11. If I was a Yotes fan, I would hate Columbus. Mike Smith stopped 137 shots that game last year and lost. Ranta started playing 40 seconds too late then stands on his head. Another loss to CBJ.
12. Atkinson deserved to be scratched. But to recall Milano for 4th line duty when you have the applesauce guy and Hannikainen available??? Pretty low blow to those two guys.
13. I’ll be shocked if Jack Johnson is offered another CBJ contract. Gavikrov is two years away, Carlsson is here, Peeke is a sophomore at Norte Dame and getting mentioned for World Junior consideration, and I think there is another prospect I’m missing (Collins.)

You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->