Interesting article on the Combine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Chimaera said:
If Ovechkin wears that junk around the Caps lockerroom, Witt'll clown on him.

Oh, don't worry. He won't. He NEVER wears that anywhere else. I think he was just trying to be different, not so starched-suit barf-up-your-lunch. He was trying to not be nervous like the rest of the propects, many of whom barfed up their lunches. I guess this was his way of calming down or whatever. Very interesting though! :lol Or maybe he was trying to keep the media and scouts away because nobody would want to be seen around somebody wearing wierd--to say the least--clothes.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Foppa_Rules said:
Oh, don't worry. He won't. He NEVER wears that anywhere else. I think he was just trying to be different, not so starched-suit barf-up-your-lunch. He was trying to not be nervous like the rest of the propects, many of whom barfed up their lunches. I guess this was his way of calming down or whatever. Very interesting though! :lol Or maybe he was trying to keep the media and scouts away because nobody would want to be seen around somebody wearing wierd--to say the least--clothes.

I would certainly classify fire engine red jeans, matching wrestling shoes, a skin tight shirt, and losse fitting suspenders as "different." :lol:

Last edited:

stockwizard*

Rabid Ranger said:
I would certainly classify fire engine red jeans, matching wrestling shoes, a skin tight shirt, and losse fitting suspenders as "differant." :lol:
It sounds like Ovechkin will have a lot of adjusting to do when he moves to North America.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
flab

Concerning the "flabby" arguments... I think a lot of players at that age try really hard to put on a lot of weight for the Draft. I'm studying sports studies and I found out that 4lbs a month is pretty much the maximum amount of lean muscle that can be gained...while large amounts of fat can be easily stored within a small time frame. Considering a player will get a better look being 200lbs over 175lbs, no wonder players are putting on a little flab.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
You guys, you KNOW he was just doing that to relax. I guess that's his way of doing it, but he didn't wear it because he thought it was cool or whatever. The other prospects in their starched suits were barfing up their lunches while Ovechkin was calm and casual in his fire engine red jeans. I hope you know I have NEVER heard of him wearing that stuff anywhere else and I have read LOADS of articles in both Russian and English. He shows up at interviews in a suit and tie and goes to the airport in REGULAR blue jeans. He doesn't wear that kind of stuff with any regularity.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
stockwizard said:
It sounds like Ovechkin will have a lot of adjusting to do when he moves to North America.
:rant: Ovechkin is doing fine. He won't where that anywhere else(Will you Ovechkin? :shakehead ). I bet the scouts got a big laugh when they saw that stuff! :lol Come to think of it, maybe he had that stuff on to keep people away. Nobody would want to be seen with him. :joker:

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Maybe its b/c european fashion inst the same as over here...who knows, we might be all wearing crap like that in a year or two, god help us all if thats the case

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Dr. kØUkLØs said:
Malkin will be the best player from this class in 5 years.

:D

Even though 2004 isnt as strong as the 2005 draft, I think this years 1-2 draft, Ovechkin and Malkin, is going to have better success then next years with Crosby and Brule if those guys go 1-2

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
BMWM3owner said:
Maybe its b/c european fashion inst the same as over here...who knows, we might be all wearing crap like that in a year or two, god help us all if thats the case

It can't be because Ovechkin doesn't wear that in Russia either. I wonder who sells that junk? :shakehead He must have gotten it at a joke shop.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Dr. kØUkLØs said:
Malkin will be the best player from this class in 5 years.

:D
Not to be outdone, Malkin will show up at the draft wearing a Big Dog t-shirt and Hammer pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad