News Article: Inside Ken Holland's challenge of rebuilding the Red Wings on the fly

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm not sure if I understand this Mrazek thing completely? All I heard that he has attitude problems. He played 1 bad season and now he sucks?

I think Holland knew Vegas probably wouldn't take him, and was willing to take the risk to send a warning shot that he's not indispensable. I think we hold onto him, and hope that Mrazek knuckles down and becomes the goalie he's expected to be.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Cap savvy people: how badly does buying out Ericsson hurt us short term and in the long run?

This issue is that it doesn't help the team in any way, shape, or form. There's no reason to spend any money in FA this season, and we're no longer in a position to take on other team's bad deals for value, due to KH's propensity for signing his own awful deals. Best to just wait it all out - the team isn't going to compete for anything in the meantime anyway.

It's not one bad season, he's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde incarnate. Half of his nhl starts are terrible, half are good.

But he is way too young even still to throw in the towel on him like KH has seemingly done, Coreau sucks, I don't see what management sees in him.

And he, demonstrably, has very little value. Why move him now? Let him play next year when Howard inevitably gets hurt and then sucks afterwards. Worst case, he's still awful and still worthless.

Saw HSJ mention Girardi as a target. :laugh:

What a stark condemnation of KH's ability to manage players that would be.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I would sign Sam Gagner with a short-term deal. Guy did score 50 points with 13min ice-time at last season. Adds a handness. Then trade Nyquist/Tatar out.

Career points per game:
Nyquist 0.61
Gagner 0.58
Tatar 0.56

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I would sign Sam Gagner with a short-term deal. Guy did score 50 points with 13min ice-time at last season. Adds a handness. Then trade Nyquist/Tatar out.

Career points per game:
Nyquist 0.61
Gagner 0.58
Tatar 0.56

I was figuring someone would be willing to go bigger on Gagner after the season he just had. I wouldn't be surprised if he circles back to Columbus.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Career points per game:
Nyquist 0.61
Gagner 0.58
Tatar 0.56

He's going to want a multi-year deal after the season he just had, and with how often people complain here about Nyquist/Tatar being questionable defensively and soft on the puck, Gagner would earn the ire of folks here.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's going to want a multi-year deal after the season he just had, and with how often people complain here about Nyquist/Tatar being questionable defensively and soft on the puck, Gagner would earn the ire of folks here.

Yep. Offence would be the same, but

A) you add a handness
B) trade Gus/Tats to strengthen other areas

We have no righties to fix our handness problems on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad