Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Can other teams' players stop targeting our Dmen's heads with dirty cheapshots please? Thanks.

Hope Davidson and Klef are okay, and 100% soon. Dumb, cheapshots on both. Not surprising coming from Byf, but seeing Pearson go for the head was odd. Hopefully when the season starts, Milan gets into face destroying mode when this crap happens.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
This seems like a common occurrence in the preseason. Was speaking to a friend of mine and we had the thought that it feels like these teams ice a team of goons or play more recklessly in the preseason. Many players which have no chance of making the NHL, go out and play in destroy mode by injuring players, and even if they face discipline it really doesn't matter since they either won't be in the NHL anyway, or will likely miss almost no regular season games (see Tanner Pearson after his hearing). So the Oilers start losing games b/c they have key injuries to start the year and teams like LA and Vancouver get a better start to the season with a division rival losing games right from the start. A pretty good coaching tactic #amirite?

This BS really needs to stop! All of Pearson's missed games should be in the reg season. And I go back to what I feel a proper discipline should be: He should miss as many games as Davidson misses, especially when it's a blatant hit to the head in an attempt to injure.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
This seems like a common occurrence in the preseason. Was speaking to a friend of mine and we had the thought that it feels like these teams ice a team of goons or play more recklessly in the preseason. Many players which have no chance of making the NHL, go out and play in destroy mode by injuring players, and even if they face discipline it really doesn't matter since they either won't be in the NHL anyway, or will likely miss almost no regular season games (see Tanner Pearson after his hearing). So the Oilers start losing games b/c they have key injuries to start the year and teams like LA and Vancouver get a better start to the season with a division rival losing games right from the start. A pretty good coaching tactic #amirite?

This BS really needs to stop! All of Pearson's missed games should be in the reg season. And I go back to what I feel a proper discipline should be: He should miss as many games as Davidson misses, especially when it's a blatant hit to the head in an attempt to injure.

That definetly used to be the case however I don't think it's near as bad the past few years. The suspensions to date are Andrew Shaw, Hjarlmarsson and more than likely Pearson, none of whom are fringe players or "goons".

I remember when a guy like Steve Downie took the head off Dean McCammond and got 20 games for attempt to injure. That sort of thing was prevalent a decade ago. I remember the Oilers and Flames preseason games that if played today the minor league players that were fighting for fringe jobs on the teams would be arrested.

I don't think Pearsons hit was an attempt to injure, it was a miss-timed check that unfortunately caught Davidsons head. Pearson is not a physical player who takes a lot of penalties. I think he had less than 10 penalties all last year.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I think that as much as possible suspensions should be served when your team plays the team against which the offence took place. For example, if a player gets a two-game suspension for an offence against the Oilers he should have to sit out two games against the Oilers.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think that as much as possible suspensions should be served when your team plays the team against which the offence took place. For example, if a player gets a two-game suspension for an offence against the Oilers he should have to sit out two games against the Oilers.

I understand the sentiment but its not practical. If occurrence happened near the end of the year or player on an expiring contract and moves teams, etc. I handled suspensions for EMHA Midget and for many EMHA hockey tournaments for years and all you can practically do is suspend the player for X number of games, in the case of minor hockey the infraction is based on the rule number the player violated and a set number of games is prescribed.

So in the NHL, its more subjective than that but all they can do realistically is fine or suspend the player for the number of games they feel is necessary.

For teams that suffered an injury the suspension is never enough, for teams that have the suspended player the suspension is too long. Same old story with suspensions.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Wait a minute, has there actually been any reports saying Klefa is day to day?

I think he took a whack near the eye but hasn't been 'out' so to speak.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Here's another thought: Don't have any of the preseason games against the divisional rivals so that hatred (and opportunity to injure a divisional foe) isn't there.

Also,

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wait a minute, has there actually been any reports saying Klefa is day to day?

I think he took a whack near the eye but hasn't been 'out' so to speak.

From gregor's latest blog about tonights lineup

Pouliot-Nugent-Hopkins-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Draisaitl-Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian
Slepyshev-Lander-Pitlick

Klefbom-Larsson
Simpson-Fayne
Reinhart-Gryba

Talbot

Kris Versteeg and Brandon Davidson are both day to day, and it sounds like Davidson won't be out very long which is great news for the Oilers.

http://oilersnation.com/2016/10/4/gdb-3-0-catch-mclellan-s-eye

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
From gregor's latest blog about tonights lineup

Pouliot-Nugent-Hopkins-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Draisaitl-Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian
Slepyshev-Lander-Pitlick

Klefbom-Larsson
Simpson-Fayne
Reinhart-Gryba

Talbot

Kris Versteeg and Brandon Davidson are both day to day, and it sounds like Davidson won't be out very long which is great news for the Oilers.

http://oilersnation.com/2016/10/4/gdb-3-0-catch-mclellan-s-eye

Sweet thanks! I was thinking there might have been some fan fatalism there...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Looks like Hendricks is out several weeks now as well. Opportunity for Pitlick and/or Slepyshev with both Pak and Hendricks gone for what looks like a few weeks now.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really don't know if we see Hendricks a lot this year. His body has a lot of miles on it and he continues to put the pedal to the metal.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I was watching the game yesterday but didn't see what happened to Hendricks as I was also watching the Jay game. I just heard the announcer say he wasn't on the bench at one point. What exactly happened?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hendricks injury is a shame but an Opp for Slepy and Pitlick. It may be a slight blessing in disguise as it lets us see his eventual replacement sooner. Hendricks is a meat and potatoes guy and great in room. But honestly his play last year left a lot to be desired. Those 2 yougn guys bring a ton more skill and Pitty brings a similar energy (Slepy does to but to lesser extent)

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Really don't know if we see Hendricks a lot this year. His body has a lot of miles on it and he continues to put the pedal to the metal.

This.

Last year he came in amazing shape but by mid season looked gassed and ineffective more often than not.

I suspect he will be in the line up as much as possible but hopefully they rest him more than they did last year.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This.

Last year he came in amazing shape but by mid season looked gassed and ineffective more often than not.

I suspect he will be in the line up as much as possible but hopefully they rest him more than they did last year.

Getting some looks on the top lines doesn't help. TM eluded to a lot of this. it's one reason they don't want him at center either. Hendricks doesn't have an off button and just over works himself. TM saw this and will probably try limit him so that when he is playing 10 - 12 minutes a night they will be good minutes all year.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Any word on whether Pearson is facing discipline or is it another example of overlooking dirty hits on Oiler players?

That stupid piece of s*** Tanner Pearson suspended 4 games. 2 preseason and 2 regular season games. F****** c*** should have got 4 regular season games. Everytime I see the replay it looks more and more intentional. Nov. 17th is the first match-up between the Kings and the Oilers. I'll be watching to see his @55 pummeled. :rant:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
That stupid piece of s*** Tanner Pearson suspended 4 games. 2 preseason and 2 regular season games. F****** c*** should have got 4 regular season games. Everytime I see the replay it looks more and more intentional. Nov. 17th is the first match-up between the Kings and the Oilers. I'll be watching to see his @55 pummeled. :rant:

Settle down. Tanner Pearson doesn't have a history and got more games than some players for similar have got. I think the league got it at least pretty close to right based off their history. Let's just hope for a Davidson return before the suspension runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->