Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
A small update on Paigin: he has injured his right knee lateral ligament, which means he is not allowed to skate for 4 weeks since the injury, will undergo the MRI after that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A small update on Paigin: he has injured his right knee lateral ligament, which means he is not allowed to skate for 4 weeks since the injury, will undergo the MRI after that.

Thanks for that. Not good news by any stretch, but hopefully he returns healthy.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Better his LCL than his MCL or ACL. Kind of weird that they're waiting 4 weeks for an MRI, but I'd assume he's only showing symptoms of a minor sprain in that case and the MRI will just be to confirm that there isn't any actual serious damage to the ligament.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Better his LCL than his MCL or ACL. Kind of weird that they're waiting 4 weeks for an MRI, but I'd assume he's only showing symptoms of a minor sprain in that case and the MRI will just be to confirm that there isn't any actual serious damage to the ligament.

I think they're not waiting and sent him to MRI immediately after the injury, but after 4 weeks he will have another one to check if everything is now healed.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
any word on Maroon?

The only thing Stauffer offered up so far today is that Maroon did fly back with the team from Vancouver, so he's not lying on a slab in the morgue. At least we have that.

Mandated day off per CBA, so no information today. Should find out more tomorrow.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
We've all seen enough hockey to know how a guy behaves when he is really hurt. Maroon looked really hurt. I wouldnt be surprised--upset, mind you--if Maroon was off for a long while.

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
I think they're not waiting and sent him to MRI immediately after the injury, but after 4 weeks he will have another one to check if everything is now healed.

Good to hear. I have high hopes for Paigin.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This is scary. The season hasn't even started yet and we've already got 2 of our top 4 d-men injured.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This is scary. The season hasn't even started yet and we've already got 2 of our top 4 d-men injured.

Day to day injuries in preseason mean nothing. Most often, they are issues that would not keep them in the lineup if the games mattered. This was already the case with Yak's injury and Klef earlier. Mclellan said this.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nice see a couple guys on the mend, I hope they give Maroon a couple of days before putting him back into the lineup, no need to rush it.

I'm a little worried about Davidson and the concussion. I really hope it doesn't linger.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Nice see a couple guys on the mend, I hope they give Maroon a couple of days before putting him back into the lineup, no need to rush it.

I'm a little worried about Davidson and the concussion. I really hope it doesn't linger.

Did they say he actually had one? Or just that they were following NHL protocol after a hard hit to the head to ensure he isn't showing any symptoms of being concussed?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah, being weak or soft, as you imply, has little to do with getting hurt on that Dirty Pearson hit.

That's not what I implied nor what even came close to what I said. What I said was a tongue in check comment about Oilers D getting injured a lot over the years. Not that they are weak or soft.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That's not what I implied nor what even came close to what I said. What I said was a tongue in check comment about Oilers D getting injured a lot over the years. Not that they are weak or soft.

Lol you said made of glass and paper mache which implies as much.

Toughest d-men in the league are going to go down if you target the head. Rather unfortunate for us is all.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lol you said made of glass and paper mache which implies as much.

Toughest d-men in the league are going to go down if you target the head. Rather unfortunate for us is all.

Yes I agree but read into it however you want. I'm merely saying we suffer a lot of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->