Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Got to admit, LB hung in there in the first period despite a crappy 2nd goal while his team decided to play beer league rec hockey for 20 minutes. A beauty off Matthews in the 3rd and a couple other 10 bell saves. Hope his confidence is high going into Calgary and I have to eat my earlier words. Tough 6 games coming up, mostly on the road.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Larsson took part in the warm-up skate, but was pulled before the start of the game.

Upper-body ailment. Unclear how severe but the Oilers will provide an update prior to the game on Saturday.

Please please please don't be a concussion...

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Sooo...

Klefbom-Russell
Nurse-Benning
Auvitu-Gryba

This is going to be some Clockwork Orange-like s**t watching the Flames game, isn't it? :cry:

Unless they choose to rush Sekera back... Though I'm not sure how much a rusty Sekera saves the day...

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Sooo...

Klefbom-Russell
Nurse-Benning
Auvitu-Gryba

This is going to be some Clockwork Orange-like s**t watching the Flames game, isn't it? :cry:

Unless they choose to rush Sekera back... Though I'm not sure how much a rusty Sekera saves the day...

Hideous. But we have seen worse in recent years. McDavid needs another hat trick to win. So does Leon. And Nuge.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
CBC indicated that Sekera wont be back till January? I thought he was going to be back somewhat soonish? CBC just wrong?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Minimum 7 days I think.
Retroactive to the last game he played (again, I think)

7 days and it can be made retroactive at the teams discretion is how I understand it. Stauffer was saying Friday he suspects it is a back issue and could be longer than a week.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
CBC indicated that Sekera wont be back till January? I thought he was going to be back somewhat soonish? CBC just wrong?

I would just ignore what cbc said, they also said during last night's game that he was on the road trip with them as if it was a two week trip.

Wait till something comes from Todd or the Edmonton media, last I heard it was a couple weeks putting it around mid December but until he starts taking full contact practices you could pretty much just keep saying a couple weeks.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Shouldn't they soon like sit McDavid out of a game if he hasn't healed in three weeks of playing through his sickness?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
From what he said it's a 24hr flu that's getting passed around the locker room

This team really is cursed this year, lol. This is the second flu that has gone through the dressing room in the last 2 months. On top of injuries to 2/3rds of our top-3 dmen, and our starting goalie. We're a bad team this year, but the sickness and injuries are certainly not helping.

As far as Sekera goes, this might be one of the longest ACL recovery times I've ever seen, its been almost 7 months since the surgery. Players come back in just under 6 months all the time. I wonder why Sekera's is taking a full month longer than usual?

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
This team really is cursed this year, lol. This is the second flu that has gone through the dressing room in the last 2 months. On top of injuries to 2/3rds of our top-3 dmen, and our starting goalie. We're a bad team this year, but the sickness and injuries are certainly not helping.

As far as Sekera goes, this might be one of the longest ACL recovery times I've ever seen, its been almost 7 months since the surgery. Players come back in just under 6 months all the time. I wonder why Sekera's is taking a full month longer than usual?

Every person's body reacts differently and recovers at different speeds. However, the long recovery does make me concerned about his mobility when he returns. They should likely slot him into the third pairing to start and let him slowly get up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad