Injury Report: Injury report (Enstrom, Byfuglien, Scheifele, Tanev)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This team needs to pick up a GOOD veteran bottom pair guy. I have always been supportive of Chiarot but he was absolutely gawdawful in Tampa.

I'm not a doctor but it looks to me like Myers hip is unstable and can pop out at any time. Reminds me of the season when I twisted my knee so bad it came out of it's joint. For the rest of the year, the joint was 'loose' and would just come in and out if I did the wrong thing on the ice. Very similar to what I saw happen to Myers on Saturday. You are doing something innocent looking, the joint comes in, you fall down and the sensation is so 'gross' you want to puke. You don't really do any damage but it's very unsettling and you are extremely aware of that joint for the rest of the game.

Myers should never really be expected to finish a game for the rest of the year. We need 7 defensemen, decent ones.

We need to acquire someone. Please for the love of god use some of our spare parts (Dano, Petan) to pick someone up.

Reactions: Halberdier

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Yes, we are looking pretty shallow on D all of a sudden. I'm not sure if it was related, but Buff seemed a bit hampered last couple games, his mobility looked off. If this is serious....maybe Chevy is gonna have to go to market.

Edit, I wouldn't mind seeing Schilling, he's been quite impressive (err I said earlier he was on a 1 way, he's on a 2 way)

Reactions: Saintb

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yes, we are looking pretty shallow on D all of a sudden. I'm not sure if it was related, but Buff seemed a bit hampered last couple games, his mobility looked off. If this is serious....maybe Chevy is gonna have to go to market.

Edit, I wouldn't mind seeing Schilling, he's been quite impressive (err I said earlier he was on a 1 way, he's on a 2 way)

Contract status means nothing

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb

i was just going to comment that I think Schilling has looked good the times I have watched him. I wouldn't mind him getting a look.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
With Buff and Enstrom out I just had a flashback to a couple years ago when we had approximately 5 defensemen on the IR at the same time. Yikes.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
This might be a bit of a blessing. Gives Buff some time off now, which may help in March/April. Also gets some burn for Poolman and possibly another prospect like Niku, some NHL experience.

Years past this would be the end of the season, but we can weather this today

boanst

May 25, 2013
...or Myers. I really like it how Myers has made PP2 actually work.

All the more reason to leave him at PP2. Keep the option thats working how it is and plug in Trouba on PP1 for now, instead of tinkering with both at the same time.

Reactions: Halberdier

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I'm probably way off... but wasn't that 14-15?

Correct.

Chiarot-Byfuglien
Clitsome-Harrison
Pardy-Postma

(add one game of Brouillette-Harrison when Clitsome got injured again as well... it would have been Keaton Ellerby, but he was out injured :laugh: )

Reactions: RustyCat

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Correct.

Chiarot-Byfuglien
Clitsome-Harrison
Pardy-Postma

(add one game of Brouillette-Harrison when Clitsome got injured again as well... it would have been Keaton Ellerby, but he was out injured :laugh: )

Yuck. And we still made playoffs. I think we'll be ok with this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad