Injury Report: Injuries (excuses) post-playoff update

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I'm sure they'll claim Joe was being conditioned for a long run and that they did not expect to be out this early. Just like with Kent Huskins.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I don't know how I feel about resigning Kane anymore. If its 6M or less, think thats okay, anymore and id be bummed

exchequer

Apr 21, 2006
Would be surprised if Vlasic/Braun turn out to be injury-free. They looked like they really wanted to avoid contact the last few games.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Dude hasn't been able to string together any meaningful amount of seasons together injury free, hopefully our gm is smart enough to realize this when they're thinking about re-signing him.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
I don't know how I feel about resigning Kane anymore. If its 6M or less, think thats okay, anymore and id be bummed
If we can get Tavares or some other high-end forward, then I think it is unimportant. But I think Kane might be low hanging fruit to re-sign, and we more in the way of scoring ability that he provides. I'd be OK with 6.5 so long as the term were no longer than 3 years.

Reactions: Phu

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:biglaugh:

At season's end everyone was clamoring to re-sign Kane right away and ecstatic about how well he fit with the team and how good everything was going.

And now here we are with people acting like he's radioactive and shouldn't be re-signed because he was ineffective in the playoffs due to a separated shoulder (Which is either not an excuse, or his own fault for separating his shoulder for some reason)

This is Brian Campbell all over again.

Reactionary, knee-jerk post-loss hot takes are my least favorite part of May/June.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
:biglaugh:

At season's end everyone was clamoring to re-sign Kane right away and ecstatic about how well he fit with the team and how good everything was going.

And now here we are with people acting like he's radioactive and shouldn't be re-signed because he was ineffective in the playoffs due to a separated shoulder (Which is either not an excuse, or his own fault for separating his shoulder for some reason)

This is Brian Campbell all over again.

Reactionary, knee-jerk post-loss hot takes are my least favorite part of May/June.
Never said don't sign him, just said I'm worried about how much he'll cost

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Never said don't sign him, just said I'm worried about how much he'll cost

Agreed. Be conservative on term and AAV. If he wants to be here, he’ll sign here at a reasonable rate. If he wants to play in Vegas or something let them overpay.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
If the Sharks intend on contending, Kane would be a solid start. Term and money have to be appropriate, but he would be a solid contributor.

If the Sharks do not intent on contending, Kane shouldn't be in the conversation. He isn't a foundational piece, would cost that first-round-pick, and would just not fit in with a rebuilding team.

Reactions: Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
i dunno, do we think we could do better than evander kane with the 21st pick?
i don't

Reactions: Sleepy

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Meh, was pretty obvious Kane was dealing with something. Donskoi was banged up as well... what the hell is Pavelski's excuse?

Reactions: WTFetus

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
i dunno, do we think we could do better than evander kane with the 21st pick?
i don't

No way, Sharks reach so hard with their 1st rounders anyways. The tiniest chance they draft someone in the 20's that ever sniffs a 30 goal season.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Meh, was pretty obvious Kane was dealing with something. Donskoi was banged up as well... what the hell is Pavelski's excuse?
He had to play with both of them? Haha he missed a TON of good chances this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad