Info on some Guelph Storm players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In watching the Storm in the OHL final I was really impressed with a few players. I don't know much about them so I'm curious about their draft status or free agent status and if they will garner any attention:

Martin St. Pierre
Ryan Callahan
Brett Trudell
Daniel Girardi
Adam Dennis

Any info would be appreciated.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Well Adam Dennis is an Oakville guy. Oakville Blades Junior A starting goaltender a few years ago. Was the Storm's back up goalie last year, emerging as the starter this year.

I, as well as many, expected him to be the weak link preventing the Storm from advancing as far as they have. But gotta give him his props as he's played very well. I dont think he has any potential as a professional however.

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Yeah, I was just about to ask about Ryan Callahan. Did he not opt-in last year because I checked last year's CSB rankings and didn't see his name? Or was he just completely off the radar? His playoff stats are pretty good and with decent size, I would imagine he'll garner some interest, especially if he has a good showing at the Memorial Cup. Will he get drafted? When, 6th - 9th round?

Last edited:

John E. Ringo

Aug 18, 2003
Visit site
Ice Demon said:
Yeah, I was just about to ask about Ryan Callahan. Did he not opt-in last year because I checked last year's CSB rankings and didn't see his name? Or was he just completely off the radar? His playoff stats are pretty good and with decent size, I would imagine he'll garner some interest, especially if he has a good showing at the Memorial Cup. Will he get drafted? When, 6th - 9th round?

Callahan lacks decent size. He's about 5'10", 170 tops. But he plays bigger and is fearless. Somehow I thought he was listed as a late-rounder by CSB last season, maybe in the mid-terms, and I don't know whether he did not opt in. I think he'd be worth a late-round gamble. Hard working, good hands, nice wheels and lots of guts. Just not alot of size.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Brock said:
Well Adam Dennis is an Oakville guy. Oakville Blades Junior A starting goaltender a few years ago. Was the Storm's back up goalie last year, emerging as the starter this year.

I, as well as many, expected him to be the weak link preventing the Storm from advancing as far as they have. But gotta give him his props as he's played very well. I dont think he has any potential as a professional however.

He was brutal against Owen SOund, not NHL material, not even close.

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
John E. Ringo said:
Callahan lacks decent size. He's about 5'10", 170 tops. But he plays bigger and is fearless. Somehow I thought he was listed as a late-rounder by CSB last season, maybe in the mid-terms, and I don't know whether he did not opt in. I think he'd be worth a late-round gamble. Hard working, good hands, nice wheels and lots of guts. Just not alot of size.

I've seen him listed 5'11 and 185, could be exaggerated. But anyway, if he plays bigger than he is, I see no problem with his size.

And it looks like he is getting attention now, being ranked 77th of the NA skaters by CSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->