Injury Report: Infirmary [UPD: Gazdic (Shoulder), Petry (Shoulder), Ference (Arm)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
BTW anymore on Belov?

A few posts back says he's cleared, but outside of that there's no news?

It'd be nice have him in there over Fraser or Larsen

Marincin-Petry
Ference-Schultz
Klefbom-Belov

(I know its still not great, but...) Hey look! 3 NHL calibar defence pairs!

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
BTW anymore on Belov?

A few posts back says he's cleared, but outside of that there's no news?

It'd be nice have him in there over Fraser or Larsen

Marincin-Petry
Ference-Schultz
Klefbom-Belov

(I know its still not great, but...) Hey look! 3 NHL calibar defence pairs!

i see 1 legit top-4 guy (petry) 2 guys suited for the bottom pairing (ference/schultz) , 2 guys that should still be in the AHL (klefbom/marincin) and one 7th dman (belov)

not even an average NHL lineup, still easily bottom-5 in the league

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
i see 1 legit top-4 guy (petry) 2 guys suited for the bottom pairing (ference/schultz) , 2 guys that should still be in the AHL (klefbom/marincin) and one 7th dman (belov)

not even an average NHL lineup, still easily bottom-5 in the league

It's still the best collection of D we have to ice at this time. So... feel free to continue complaining about it I suppose. You know, with the trade deadline having already past, and not a lot of help available to call up from OKC.

GDU

Dec 19, 2008
yakapov's ankle is either fractured or broken which likely means he's done this year...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This is the only thing I've seen today:

@EdmontonOilers

Fasth (neck) will be evaluated again today while Yakupov (ankle fracture) will be back skating later this week, Coach Eakins says.

I have to assume that this means Yak should be good to go for the World Championship?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
Tough news for #28 --> RT @TheChrisWescott #Oilers Ryan Jones is out for the season with a Grade 2 tear in his PCL says Coach Eakins.

Have to imagine he's played his last game as an Oiler.

Oct 30, 2011
Tough news for #28 --> RT @TheChrisWescott #Oilers Ryan Jones is out for the season with a Grade 2 tear in his PCL says Coach Eakins.

It was probably going to be his last season with Edmonton anyway, but that still sucks for him.

It's going to be more difficult for him to sign as a FA.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

Might be his last game in the league.

Going to have to take a tryout with a non playoff team next year.

Sloth Slothersons*

The shoulder surgery streak lives on! Who will it be next year?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
yakapov's ankle is either fractured or broken which likely means he's done this year...

Honestly, we might as well just shut him down.. 7 games left, no need to get him back into this mess of a season.

Sloth Slothersons*

Ya Ference was benching about 400 lbs and then he tore his pecs. It's amazing that he managed to do 8 more reps to finish his set.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
if OKC makes the playoffs, could he be sent there in a couple weeks?
I think so, since he's still on an ELC. He seems very upbeat and eager, so I don't think he'd take it as a slight. More like "hey Nail, you've had a tough year and missed a lot of hockey, end it on a good note playing a huge role on a playoff run with some guys that could be in our organization soon".

Eakins has said that Yakupov probably won't play again this season though, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to rush him back for AHL playoffs. They could be pretty intense and if he's playing a lot, there is a risk of aggravation.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Chris Wescott ‏@TheChrisWescott 8m
#Oilers Boyd Gordon out for the remainder of the season with a shoulder injury. The injury isn't too serious per HC Dallas Eakins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->